Start by marking “The Dinosaur Club” as Want to Read:
The Dinosaur Club

The Dinosaur Club

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Both a penetrating look at today's business world and a devastating assessment of corporate greed, The Dinosaur Club is a compelling novel and a hilarious page-turner. Within days, Jack Fallon learns that his wife of twenty-four years is dumping him and that the only company he's ever worked for is about to do the same. The head honchos at Waters Cable have decided to impl ...more
Published December 1st 1998 by Pocket Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Dinosaur Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dinosaur Club

Sam
This is a greatly amusing book! It's a real page turner. The author, William Heffermnn, told a story about internal corporate warfare with great details. It's a warfare between the Dinosaurs Club and a group of cunning executives.

The whole story gives a reflective thought of what really worth-seeking in corporate life & how the companies are liable to their employees' state of welfare & security.

A copy of the book I red belonged to Ottawa Public Library back to 1999, but misteriously di
John
Not a bod book, sort of simple in it's scope. It's basically "First Wives Club" for corporate America. An over-the-hill sales executive with a fat salary and almost-mature pension is threatened with downsizing due to corporate greed and decides to fight back.
I would have preferred a different ending, and it's sort of tough to feel sorry for Jack, the main character, making 6 figures and still not able to save for his own retirement.
It does serve as a good insite into the greed/lack of employee
Pagan
Don't look for depth in this book. Instead it is a fun, repeatable read with black and white good guys and bad guys. You jeer the bad guys and cheer the good guys as you reach the (predictable) end. So why a 4-star rating for a shallow, predicable book? Because it is SO much fun.
When I eat I sometimes want a new, challenging taste sensation that I'll be thinking about for the rest of the evening. And sometimes I want a good burger - something to eat while I watch a fun movie, wiping my fingers
R. Campbell
Worth reading -- but the climax was a little too far fetched.
Maurean
I found this one a highly entertaining read. Heffernan's writing style put me in mind of Donald Westlake, one of my all-time favorite storytellers.
CLM
Aug 24, 2007 CLM rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Betsy and Kip
A cleverly conceived thriller which would make a better movie than nearly everything out there.
Roger Allen
Showed promise, but lost me at the end with a highly improbable scenario.
Barb Boomer
Lacked something: real characters? believable plot? hmm, don't waste your time.
Sandra
A little dated, but good story.
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Randee
Randee marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Benny
Benny added it
Nov 19, 2013
Nane
Nane marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Nancy
Nancy added it
Jul 19, 2013
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Dead Detective When Johnny Came Marching Home Ritual (Paul Devlin, #2) Blood Rose (Paul Devlin, #1) The Corsican (The Corsican, #1)