Start by marking “Still Waters (Sophie Green Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Still Waters (Sophie Green Mystery #4)

Still Waters (Sophie Green Mystery #4)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  526 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Tis the season to get deadly.

Book 4 of the Sophie Green Mysteries

It s a week before Christmas. Sophie is out of work, out of love and out of her depth literally. Stuck in Cornwall on the holiday from hell with her ex-boyfriend, her boyfriend s ex, and two intimidating colleagues. If that s not enough, Sophie s got her hands full trying to prevent her best friend s perfect
Published May 20th 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Still Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Waters

Stupid69lamb
It still is an entertaining book and i love Sophie's sense of humour, but she's starting to get on my nerves. The whole self-inflicted, non-existing, self-fabricated drama with Luke is annoying and frankly ridiculous. I'd still recommend it though
Kimberly
Jan 11, 2011 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This was a cute way to end the series. I wish there was more to the series, but I don't think there is any more to tell.
Shanyn Hosier
Sophie Green and Luke Sharpe are at each other's throats - so why are they going on holiday together? Twice?

According to Luke, Sophie's acting like a stupid cow for having broken up with him, and I have to agree. But he's not being much cleverer, and I often felt the urge to throttle them both. Unfortunately, despite the fact she frequently describes Luke being suave and skilled, they both come across as alarmingly inept investigators, blatantly drawing attention to themselves whilst pestering u
Lisa
Apr 23, 2014 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the series and my least favorite. It seemed that the author was trying too hard to create the storyline. Additionally, the female lead was put into peril so many times that it became very annoying.
Amanda
May 12, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2014
Perfect silly, fluffy, light-hearted read for Mother's Day.
Lori Whitwam
3.5 stars.

I really like this series. I got a little impatient in this one, though, and hurried through parts, assuming a certain outcome... only to find several unexpected developments that took things in a different direction (which is good). I don't think there's a fifth in the series, despite this one having come out 2 years ago, and I'm not sure what that means. Was this intended to be climactic? I could see how it might be taken that way, but if this was the intended conclusion of a series
Stina
Aug 12, 2011 Stina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This might be my second favorite of the Sophie Green Mysteries. (I, Spy? being #1).

Sophie actually got quite irritating with her woe-is-me attitude through out the first half of the book - especially considering it was over a situation she created for herself. butI was happy with the ending. And I felt like overall, the book did a solid job of wrapping up the series.

I'm sad to not have any new books to look forward to though.
Glenn Harris
Jul 20, 2013 Glenn Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophie Green is on holiday with her professional spy co-workers, including her ex-boyfriend, when a woman mysteriously turns up dead in a nearby cave. Sophie's interest is piqued when she casually investigates and someone tries to kill her in the same cave. Out of a job and with only the dumbest blonde dog ever as a trusted companion, Sophie sets out to solve the murder and save her own life.
Johnna Ehlendt
Jun 21, 2011 Johnna Ehlendt rated it liked it
It was a little slower than the other books. Not my favorite Sophie Green storyline, there wasn't as much action or something was missing because it seemed so slow that I actually forgot that the story of Maria meeting her new love interest happened in this book. But I still enjoyed the characters and can't wait to see what happens in the next book!
Nov 27, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, kindle
This is my least favorite of the sohpie green books. Uninteresting mystery, too many woe is me conversations from sophie and no real closure on the future of sophie and luke. I read a lot of the book and couldn't even tell what was going on, especially in the action scenes. There were too many suspects to know what was going on with the mystery.
Josi
Sep 16, 2015 Josi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. Sophie is totally someone I would want as a friend. I can't wait to read the next one. I was glad to see that Sophie and Luke both came through the events of book 3 okay to continue their attraction and chemistry in this book. The end of book 3 had me in tears.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
I think I got this as a kindle freebie years ago. I liked it OK. It was quick and had some action.

I started with book 4, though (not my usual habit) and so I wasn't invested in the characters. Maybe if I had started at book 1 I would have liked it better.
Jul 30, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was very entertaining ;-) A little too much on the woe-is-me relationship stuff, but I'm hooked. Kate Johnson is looking for a market for her fifth book. I'm keeping my eye out...
Lakshmi
Apr 17, 2011 Lakshmi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the fourth book in the series and I enjoyed each and every one of them. Read on the author's page that a fifth one is in the works. I'm looking forward to that one too.
Hillary
Mar 30, 2009 Hillary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun, kindle
Quick read, light read, predictable mystery/romance format. Just some nice fluff to round out a boring day.
Audra
Sep 29, 2011 Audra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like Sophie Green...she's nuts! And fun. And easy to become "Friends" with.
Jenn
Jun 13, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Language, language... But I love the characters and enjoyed this story.
Meredith Kaupp
Dec 14, 2011 Meredith Kaupp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun, silly, series. Looking forward to book 5.
Lark
Jan 25, 2012 Lark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is so Stephanie Plum-ish.
Jennifer Kane
May 31, 2011 Jennifer Kane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so sad this was the end of the series
Erica
May 11, 2010 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
Much better.
glitrbug
Feb 16, 2010 glitrbug marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Kindle,free,Amazon
Quel Ruy
Quel Ruy rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Ianna
Ianna rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Tiffany Bruce
Tiffany Bruce rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
JennyD
JennyD rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Andrew Codling
Andrew Codling rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Linda Trem
Linda Trem marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
where's Docherty? 1 4 Aug 07, 2013 05:09PM
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • No Such Thing As A Free Ride (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #4)
  • Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • No Money Down (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #0.5)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #3)
  • World Wide Rave: Creating Triggers That Get Millions of People to Spread Your Ideas and Share Your Stories
  • The Babysitter's Code
  • The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking
  • A Violet March (Samantha Rialto #3)
Kate Johnson lives in rural Essex where she belongs to a pride of cats and puts up with a demon puppy. She did actually do most of her homework, but quickly so as to have more time to stare out of the window thinking about heroes. Stay in school, kids. Kate has done a variety of not-particularly great jobs, ranging from airport check-in to lab assistant, but much prefers writing for a living. For ...more
More about Kate Johnson...

Sophie Green Mystery (5 books)
  • I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mystery, #1)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery, #2)
  • "A" is for Apple (Sophie Green Mystery, #3)
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)