Start by marking “The Dragon Nimbus Novels: Volume I” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Nimbus Novels: Volume I

The Dragon Nimbus Novels: Volume I (The Dragon Nimbus #1-3)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This brand-new omnibus is the first in a series collecting Irene Radford's acclaimed Dragon novels.

Volume I includes the complete trilogy of The Dragon Nimbus:
The Glass Dragon, The Perfect Princess, and The Lonliest Magician

Volume II includes the first two novels in The Dragon Nimbus History quartet:
The Dragon's Touchstone and The Last Battlemage

Volume III includes the las
Published October 2nd 2007 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Nimbus Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Nimbus Novels

Krystal Hickam
Wow this series came out of nowhere. I picked it up at half priced books as just another omnibus to read. And was I surprised how good it really was. Once I started reading it I could not put it down until I had finished the last page. It started out a little slow but once it got going it was an emotion rollercoaster ride that I couldnt wait to finish. I actually went out and purchased all the rest of the books by this author just because of this series and that is something I hardly do. When a ...more
Stohelit
It's been a long time since I read this book, but I remember that I really, really didn't like it.

I reviewed it (in German) here: http://www.phantastik-couch.de/irene-...

"Irene Radfords „Der Prüfstein der Drachen“ greift auf ein sehr einfaches Rezept zurück: Drachen, gute und schlechte Magie, Zauberer, Hexen und kriegerische Lords sind die Zutaten, welche die Autorin zu ihrem Roman vermengt. Aus solchen Themen sind schon große Erzählungen entstanden. Doch hier mangelt es an den nötigen Feinheite
Jschro
I was ready to give this book one star, until the end, when I realized I'd probably invest in the sequels because i wanted to know what happened. So that's something. Otherwise, it's pretty bad. I mean, it has magic and dragons, which is usually the recipe of a book I'll enjoy, but the characters are pretty shallow. For instance, it takes about one or two pages for an abused woman who lives alone and hates men to fall in love with a strange man who wanders to her house. This is how most of the m ...more
Jen
Apr 08, 2015 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
This was an enjoyable read. I didn't read it straight through but enjoyed coming back to it each time. It has its flaws (particularly unjustified shifts in character and the typical fantasy crime of excessive description). However, it kept me reading to see what would happen. I found the last one, The Loneliest Magician, the least accomplished and the least plausible. Though I'm glad to have taken this sojourn into Radford's world, I don't feel compelled to seek out more of her books.
Will
I don't understand all the negative reviews this book has gotten. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I haven't read as widely as other reviewers, but I found the world to be unique. Initially I was just happy to find it wasn't another rip-off of Tolkien! The characters didn't seem shallow, the action was paced pretty well, and the intros of new characters didn't seem forced. Of course the stars were the dragons, who were majestic, omniscient, & mysterious. There was never a moment when I wasn't eage ...more
Mike Kabongo
It was great to see the omnibus version of these books.
I fell for Jaylor and the universe hard when Glass Dragon came out, and the omnibus came out it was perfect for sharing the love with friends.

The cover could be better, but the stories are what count.
For those who have read Irene Radford before this contains the first three Coronnan books, "The Glass Dragon", "The Perfect Princess", and "The Loneliest Magician".

A new book in the series with the Children of "Roy", Jaylor and Brevelan is s
Tammy Terrace
I hate to not finish a book or I probably would not have finished this one. I would have one starred it except I reserve one star ratings for books I never finish at all. The Mercedes Lackey dragon novels are much much better portrayals of this fantasy theme, these are poor imitations that drag the reader along hoping for better more spell binding rhythm. Took me two weeks plus to finish because I kept putting it down, a good book seldom lasts me more than a couple of days.
Jessica
Not the best book, but certainly not the worst I've read. The world is well thought out and detailed. The individual books themselves work well in this collective edition, but I can't imagine trying to read them singularly, or waiting on the next to be published. The individual books are small and I feel the story would come off choppy that way. Either way, a good read for fantasy fans, but it will not compare to the wonders created by the more popular authors.
Zaphoddent
Can't adequately describe how terrible the writing is. I had to confirm on the web that this was not written by a child and I'm still not particularly convinced it wasn't. This reads like an incredibly poor mash-up of several fairy tales. Not a singular idea in this book is original, no surprises, no funny moments, just tedious cringe-worthy writing.
Ruth Kevghas
Absolutely loved it- had a few nights of reading late! I couldn't put it down!
Julie
Mar 23, 2013 Julie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
As others have related it wasn't really very well written at all but the characters were interesting enough that I wanted to finish it and read the final book in the series. I may one day read the other prequel series set in this world but am in no rush for that.
Cheryl
Good for escapism reading. Maybe not the best writing but I enjoyed it enough to read all 3 books included in this collection and probably will keep an eye out for the 2nd volume.
Dorothy Pruett
Not too bad. A little long. The ending was strange; left a few things unresolved. Though I was THRILLED when i finished it, I enjoyed it!
Shea
i loved the story, but it ended in a horribly taunting cliff hanger to ride off into prequels...
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Liam Moran
Liam Moran marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Shifra
Shifra marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Tanja Allsbrook
Tanja Allsbrook is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Gael Huber
Gael Huber marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Dorkboy
Dorkboy marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Werner
Werner added it
Mar 18, 2015
Donna
Donna is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2015
  • Shapechanger's Song
  • Bitterwood (Dragon Age, #1)
  • War of Three Waters: The Watershed Trilogy 3
  • A Magic of Nightfall (The Nessantico Cycle, #2)
  • Airs of Night and Sea (Horsemistress Saga, #3)
  • Alliance Space (Alliance-Union Universe)
  • Magebane
  • The Complete Ivory: Gate of Ivory, Two-Bit Heroes, Guilt Edged Ivory
  • Seeker's Bane (Kencyrath, #3-4)
  • The Dragon Quartet Omnibus, Volume 1
  • Lord of the Changing Winds (Griffin Mage, #1)
  • Children of the Serpent Gate (Tears of Artamon, #3)
  • Reign of Shadows (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, #1)
  • The Covenant Rising (Dreamtime, #1)
  • Fortress Draconis (The DragonCrown War Cycle, #1)
  • Wake of the Bloody Angel (Eddie LaCrosse, #4)
  • Winterbirth (The Godless World, #1)
  • Shadowfane (The Cycle of Fire, #3)
A pseudonym used by C.F. Bentley. Also known as P.R. Frost.

Irene has been writing stories ever since she figured out what a pencil was for. Combining a love for Medieval history and a fascination with paranormal, Irene concentrated on fantasy writing.

In her spare time, Irene enjoys lacemaking and is a long time member of an international guild. Check out THE LONELIEST MAGICIAN, The Dragon Nimbus #
More about Irene Radford...

The Dragon Nimbus (4 books)
  • The Glass Dragon
  • The Perfect Princess
  • The Loneliest Magician
  • The Wizard's Treasure
The Glass Dragon The Loneliest Magician The Perfect Princess The Dragon's Touchstone Guardian of the Balance (Merlin's Descendants, #1)