Start by marking “The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1)

The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy #1)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  3,093 Ratings  ·  207 Reviews

Annette Blair's first contemporary romance, a sexy comedy set in Salem, Massachusetts. Sedate single dad Logan Kilgarven is somehow bewitched into helping his lovely downstairs neighbor, Melody Seabright, get her own cooking show at his TV station. How did that happen? Melody can't even cook. In her hands, potatoes lump, gravy boils over, and chicken explodes. Still, she's
Published October 1st 2004 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Kitchen Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kitchen Witch

Becky
Nov 23, 2014 Becky rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trash, did-not-finish
Not going to finish this one, and here's why. This is what happened in the first 20 or so pages.
-Guy decides that attractive female neighbor can't POSSIBLY be serious when she says she is unavailable to babysit his kid. His mother and friend were also committed that night, but he NEEDS someone.
-A deal is made: she will babysit his kid in exchange for his getting her a job at the tv company where he works, since he is making her miss another job interview of sorts.
-Girl sits for kid, makes an unh
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 27, 2016 Paige Bookdragon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, not-for-me, read-2016

DNF because the writing was dreadful, I can't understand most of what is happening , I can't relate to the jokes and the characters were horribly corny.
Darcy
Jun 01, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, pnr, witches, magic
When ever I grab a book by this author I know I am in for a good time and this one was no exception. Within the first 10 pages I found myself giggling and it didn't let up through the whole book.

Mel seems like your typical scatterbrain, Logan is the bad boy who went good. He is in need of a sitter fast for his 4 year old son Shane, and is forced to ask his neighbor Mel as a last resort. Mel has plans but blackmails Logan into getting her a job interview at the tv station he works at on a cookin
Cornelia
Oct 21, 2008 Cornelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It’s cute and funny. A fun, romantic read. Highly recommended.
In an old duplex in Salem (Yeah - THAT Salem) lived a reformed bad boy named Logan and his son Shane. In the downstairs apartment lived Melody - a hot yet unemployed witch who Shane thinks is great and Logan thinks is Hot hot hot! When Logan's mentor (a judge) recomends Melody for a babysitting job for Shane - Melody uses the chance to barter for an audition on the cooking show Logan produces. The catch? Melody can't cook.

This was a cute book but it had it's failings. The conflict was kind of s
Elizabeth
Mar 16, 2014 Elizabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I don't think I've ever found a book quite as distasteful as this one. I didn't finish it. I tried because I thought maybe these scenes I'm finding so objectionable are just early book awkwardness. But nope. I had to pack it in on page 65. The male lead is manipulative, arrogant and inappropriate. He "punishes" the female lead by groping her in her apartment. He talks about his erection almost constantly. And he thinks the female lead isn't good enough for him. Apparently all attractive women ar ...more
carrietracy
I can't really give this book any stars because I thought it was really just trash. I thought it would be a romance/chick lit type book with a magical twist. There is not a single magical thing in the whole book. And as for the love story, the characters aren't likable and any plot or in fact character development takes a back seat to the author's needing to tell us in as many poorly phrased ways as she can that Melody and Logan want to do it, are about to do it, have body parts indicating their ...more
Melliane
Jan 04, 2015 Melliane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

This is the first book from Annette Blair that I read and I would like to thank Aurian who made me discover one of her books. I confess that I had a little trouble for progressing in the story and it took me a while to finish it. I could not really say why it’s the case because the story is really sweet. But it’s true that there is not much action and it is finaly a simple and light story.

Melody is a young woman seeking for her place in the world, and for tha
Hobbes
Sep 05, 2016 Hobbes rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am only 20 pages into this book and I am annoyed with it. Man who was a bad boy gone straight, turned single dad moved back to his old neighborhood. Needs a babysitter and none of his network are available, so he is forced to ask his quirky "witch' neighbor. The two of them have a quick flirty conversation while their internal monologue sizes one another up for sexual fantasies rather than actual human interaction. So she watches the kid in exchange for him getting her a job at his tv studio. ...more
Julie
A funny, ridiculous, far-fetched story. In spite of the silly dialog, and the goofy behavior, I found myself liking the characters and enjoying their developing relationship. Not what I'd call a literary masterpiece, but then again, I knew what I was getting into when I started to read it.
Christine (KizzieReads)
Sep 26, 2016 Christine (KizzieReads) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
What a good feel good story in which you laugh and laugh and get a warm and fuzzy feeling upon finishing it. Very light hearted and sweet.
Chibineko
While I try not to fault fluffy brainless reads for being what they are, I couldn't help but be disappointed with this book. The subject matter sounded interesting, but in the end it just didn't live up to what it promised.

Logan is a single father working at Salem, Massachusetts' local TV station WHCH. They're in need of a cook for their new cooking show they're planning on releasing, but unfortunately the best girl for the job can't even boil an egg without it turning into a disaster. Melody ha
Shelley Murray
Oct 06, 2009 Shelley Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ariel Kirst
I read this for a paranormal romance book club challenge, expecting it to actually be about a witch… IT’S NOT! Do NOT read this thinking it’s paranormal romance – it’s just some good ol’ straight up chick-lit/romance. That being said, this was a fantastic (and quick!) read.

Melody and Logan have instant chemistry (or “magic”) as only two unbelievably good-looking people can. Melody’s instant bond with Logan’s motherless son, Shane, is endearing and brings a whole new dimension – not to mention c
Maggie V
Jul 13, 2011 Maggie V rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A quick, sweet romance. I would have liked Logan's distaste of witches to be explained (it seemed like it was more about his son's safety, but it wasn't expanded upon) and Shane seemed a bit precocious even for a four year old. But over all light fluff so I wasn't expecting too much (although a little actual magic would have been nice).
Angela
Jul 05, 2010 Angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witch
A love story. And a little bit too much of -- Let's get it on getting interrupted...and the ever popular "I want him, but we wouldn't be good together", "I want her, but she is too unstable" going on. I did enjoy it, even if it was a little predictable.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
This one is light on magic, more of a romance. The MC is more of a "Holly Golightly" character, paired with the serious single dad. It was a cute read, very quick, and it was fun enough.
Vickie
Sep 19, 2011 Vickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far it's hard to put down. Wow this book pulled me in and didn't let me go.
Cathy
Nov 06, 2016 Cathy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adulto, paranormal
I DNF this book. I didn’t even get to the middle. I tried. I really wanted to care about the characters, but they were kind of boring. Melody is just offensive has a character. She gets a job lying and makings sexual suggestions, so… nop… I’m not reading this..
Cara
Nov 29, 2016 Cara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2016
Fluffy, frustrating, fun.
Jenn
Aug 05, 2011 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, e-book
***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Melody Seabright is a flighty, quirky single woman who can’t seem to keep a job to save her life. Trouble seems to flock to her and add accident prone into the mix and it’s a little bit disastrous. Logan Kilgarven, her new upstairs neighbor is a bad boy turned staid suit. He’s a single father and television producer who revolves his life around stability, the exact opposite of Melody’s lifestyle. When Logan desperately turns to Melody to babysit, she e
Amanda
I picked this up on a free book cart at a local library because the cover and title were cute, and I definitely am periodically in the mood for some lighthearted paranormal romance. I was a bit disappointed to find this isn’t really a paranormal romance, but I still enjoyed the contemporary tale it told, primarily due to its featuring a good-hearted single dad.

Logan is a contemporary romance character who will make many readers’ hearts beat a bit faster. He’s cute, young, has a high-powered job,
Elizabeth Drake

This and other reviews can be found on Reading Between Classes

Cover Impressions: The cover is really cute. I don't normally shop for romance, but I think this one would stand out from the more common shirtless men and heaving bosoms.

The Gist: Desperate for a babysitter, Single-Dad Logan Kilgarven knocks on the star spangled door of his neighbor, Melody Seabright. Despite his qualms about her witchiness, he introduces her to his son, Shane - who falls in love immediately. When she bewitches her w
Cherie
Mar 27, 2008 Cherie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay... a little too "happily ever after" for my usual taste. I found myself constantly berating Melody and Logan for their dense headed-ness in denying their feelings for each other. If they're both too stupid to go for the gusto when it's dumped right in their lap, then they deserve to be miserable! Fortunately, like all romances, both realize their true feelings and all is well.

Was Melody really a Witch? Well, they live in Salem, Massachusetts, and Melody has a cooking show named "The
Nairabell
When Logan Kilgarven offers to help his neighbour Melody Seabright get a job at his TV station in exchange for babysitting his son, the last thing he expects is for Melody to bewitch the manager into giving her a cooking show. Melody is thrilled to have landed such an awesome job, but resisting the temptation of stuffed suit Logan isn't her only problem. The Kitchen Witch is an great idea for a show...as long as Melody can learn to cook.

This is one of my favourite books that I have read and re-r
BookLuva28
A light and funny, fluffy escape. On a whim I felt like diving into a light hearted, chick-lit type book with paranormal undertones. The Kitchen Witch was definitely a sweet and funny pick me up. Aside from the natural herbs in Melody Seabright's garden, that may have had mystical properties, the real magical component here was obviously love. Although I wanted there to be more magical hijinx running amuck throughout (after all we are dealing with a witch as the protagonist) it still managed to ...more
Courtney
Looking for a light, fun romance? The Kitchen Witch by Annete Blair may be your match.

Logan Kilgarven has returned home to his native Salem (Mass.) after finally managing to gain custody of his four-year-old son Shane. Currrently working at the local TV station as executive producer, Logan is machinated by his gorgeous neighbour Melody Seabright into allowing her to try for the role of host of the stations' new cooking show in exchange for emergency babysitting services.

Unfortunately for Logan,
Canan  ^^
Apr 29, 2012 Canan ^^ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wid
Sımsıcak, şirin bir hikayeydi.
İki baş karakterimizde(Melody&Logan) geçmişte yaşadıkları kötü tecrübeler sonucu yürekleri yaralı bir şekilde hayatlarına devam etmektedir,
ve kaderin bir cilvesi mi yoksa iki yaşlı çöpçatanın marifeti mi bilinmez yollları kesişiyor.
Logan bir televizyonda yetkili olarak çalışmaktadır ve Saleme daha henüz taşınmıştır ki acilen iş yerine çağrılmıştır.Ama bir sorun vardır,
henüz dört yaşındaki oğlu Shane'i kime bırakacaktır?Annesi çalışıyor, komşusu ve ikinci annesi
Crystal
Oh. My. God. At first this was a little eh, there were a lot of regular writing mistakes in the very begining like the info dump in the form of a conversation between 2 people that had known each other probably decades. I say "probably" because throughout the entire book I couldn't get a handle on time frame. And they kept calling each other by their first names during conversations which drives me nuts because it's not natural.

In one instance he'll say that things happened when he was 12 to tu
Alexis
I wanted to give this book 2 stars, but I just couldn't. It was that bad. The storyline on the back cover was a lot more interesting than the drivel contained in it. I have read worse, but this book was bad in so many areas. The character development was brutal to non-existent. The writing was choppy. The situations and scenes were ridiculous and unbelievable. I mean how many people in this day and age have a full bathroom with shower and a large sofabed in their office? Maybe a small handful of ...more
May 16, 2011 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I really want to give this book 2 stars, but because it was such an original and different plot for a romance novel that I think it deserves a little more credit. I actually chose to read this book because I thought it was more chick-lit and less raunchy sex romance novel. I was really excited to read this book and was ultimately let down when I first started the book.

The first 125 pages are a little difficult to read because the story is so slow and dragging. There is SO much internal dialogue
  • Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
  • Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)
  • A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3)
  • Hex Appeal (Hex #2)
  • Witch in the House
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1)
  • Kiss & Hell (Hell, #1)
  • A Charmed Death (A Bewitching Mystery, #2)
  • Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3)
196212
Annette Blair's romantic comedies owe their beginnings to a root canal and a reluctant trip to Salem Massachusetts. Though she had once proclaimed she'd never write a contemporary, she stumbled into the serendipitous role of Accidental Witch Writer on that trip. Funny how she managed to eat her words even with an aching jaw. Magic or destiny; Annette's Bewitching Romantic Comedies became her first ...more
More about Annette Blair...

Accidental Witch Trilogy (3 books)
  • My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)

“Being nice to that woman is like feeding a baby shark so it can grow big enough to eat you.” 17 likes