Como Ser Adorable, Segun Audrey Hepburn

Como Ser Adorable, Segun Audrey Hepburn

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  995 ratings  ·  96 reviews
"Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book and remembering because you cant take it all in at once."Audrey Hepburn. On many occasions, she was approached to pen her autobiography, the definitive book of Audrey Hepburn, yet she never agreed. A beloved icon who found success...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Ediciones B (first published June 3rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Como Ser Adorable, Segun Audrey Hepburn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Como Ser Adorable, Segun Audrey Hepburn

Kathryn
When the pressure of a book deadline pushes my nerves to the breaking point I do what many writers do: I shop at AbeBooks.com and Amazon for used how-to books on crafts I'm never going to learn, fantasizing about all the time I'm going to have post-deadline to work the other side of my brain and attempting through it all to make constructive plans for the sense of disorientation that tends to follow the completion of a long, intense writing project.

While gazing at postal art books this time arou...more
Pam
I AM & Always will be a Fan of Audrey Hepburn!I own just about EVERY movie she was in & just about every BOOK written about her.I keep a photo of her on my writing Desk..so this book is an addition to my Collection of all Things Audrey.This book entails her thoughts on subjects that are dear to my heart_Happiness,Success,Love,Style..etc.May the light she shared with the world shine on in the lives of those of us she continues to inspire!Love Her!!!!!
Emily
Women adore Audrey: her looks, figure, and sense of style. But not many people know that, beneath the glamor is someone who is very much like us. Audrey however embraces her introverted self and insecurities by 'winging it' as an actress. Author Melissa Hellstern packages the best of Audrey's advice, her pictures, and quotes into a book that can be read in one sitting--perhaps over and over again.
Melanie
A great collection of quotes, both by Audrey Hepburn and others who knew her. The pictures were so-so, but you can find great photos of Audrey elsewhere. I loved this quote in particular from the New York Times following Audrey's death:

"Nearly forty yeras later Audrey Hepburn's face was that of someone who'd squinted into the sun, laughed a few laughs, shed a few tears. The forehead showed some wrinkles, the eyes showed some more, and the strong jawline was softening around the edges.

As unwillin...more
Katie
Brenton got this book for my 25th birthday. It is wonderful! It's a small biography, but mostly focuses on what made Audrey so, well, Audrey! It has direct quotes from her, fabulous photos, and quotes from many celebrities who worked with her. I loved hearing their perceptions of Audrey. Most of them said there really was something special about her, and that she really lived a higher standard of life than most celebrities. I've read it several times now when I just need a boost of Audrey charm...more
Kelly Hager
This book is basically full of Audrey Hepburn quotes (mostly by her, but a few are by her friends and family). There are a few biographical notes, but not very many.

It's probably not very surprising, then, that after reading this, all I wanted to do was watch Sabrina. (Yes, I know everyone's favorite is either Breakfast at Tiffany's or Roman Holiday or My Fair Lady, but mine's Sabrina.)

I know a lot of people feel this way, but I absolutely love Audrey Hepburn. (Probably second only to my love of...more
Hotel Paper
An overview of the philosophies of living a happy life and a general biography of Audrey. After reading this, I have learned that she has overcome many struggles such as the loss of her father, the trauma of war, miscarriages and failed marriages but in spite of that, she manages to overcome these adversities and let us remember her not for these events but for her elegance, style and strength of character. One of the most influential people to me.
Katie
I've always loved Audrey Hepburn, I've got a poster of her in my room and several of her movies.
This book made me appreciate her that much more. It took me through her life, and her take on things. It was fan-freaking-tastic.
Audrey Hepburn has always been one of my idols, and this book just solidifies that in a way I didn't think of before.
Jacqueline
This was a charming collection of photographs and quotes/fun facts of Audrey Hepburn. I enjoyed it as it was simple and short yet still inspiring. It doesn't give you much information about her life other than a few stories and personality traits. A gorgeous collection though and perfect for a coffee table!
Wsclai
Audrey Hepburn is my all-time favourite personality and to me, she represents all that a woman could be. The book contains a lot of wonderful quotes from her, which are the continuous inspirations she shares with the world. The bonus of the book is the beautiful black-and-white pictures of her.
Lizzie
This is one of my favorite books. It is put together in a very charming way, with quotes from Audrey & great stories about her told by friends. Every woman should have this book on her shelf to reference.
Sirpa Grierson
A gift from my daughter, this is a book of snippets including quotations by Audrey set apart by photographs. Not really an autobiography, rather this might be considered a little book of wisdom on how to live graciously. For me, watching old movies starring either of the Hepburns--Katharine or Audrey--was a tutorial on learning to live one's life in an authentic way. They were as different as could be in personality, yet both had an impact upon me as an impressionable young girl. In an era when...more
Vivi
4,5 Estrellitas, sólo porque no sale su célebre frase:
"Para tener ojos bonitos, busca lo bueno en los demás; para tener labios hermosos, di sólo palabras de bondad, y para tener equilibrio, camina con la certeza de que nunca estás solo."

Me gustó muchísimo este libro que es una recopilación de entrevistas, frases, etc. Es un libro inspirador, creo que lo he llenado de post-it, me ha fascinado todo, habían algunas cosas que no sabía de Audrey que es uno de mis mayores ídolos.

Y como bonus otra de m...more
Robyn Horn
I thought this was mediocre at best--I've read far better books on Audrey and how stylish and elegant she was. This wasn't anything to write home about. If I had to sum up my thoughts in two words: Skip it.
Andrea Marshall
As a huge Audrey Hepburn fan, I thoroughly enjoyed this little book! An amazing assortment of pictures and great information about a truly incredible icon!
Kaneyoshi Shikaku
I read through this very quickly and instantly loved it. It wasn't so long and nor was it so short. The thing that I loved the most was that there were a lot of quotes from Audrey about various viewpoints and many comments about her from other people who knew her.

The pictures were lovely as well because they captured many different dimensions that I hadn't thought about her character before.

The only thing that bothered me were the random quotes by other people that had nothing to do with Audrey...more
Abbie
So lovely indeed! Literally picked up this book because of the title (lovely is my favorite word) and Audrey Hepburn's beautiful face.

I almost want to give it five stars, enjoyable and informative book as it was, but that feels a little odd for something like this. It's mostly quotes, quotes and pictures of Audrey Hepburn, and a fun biography of her that is not really a biography, and I found it charming and thoroughly enjoyable. I love her (and also Katherine Hepburn, and the rat pack, and enjo...more
Sophia
Beautiful portrait of Audrey"s life and philosophies. Short, easy read, really enjoyed it.
Nicole
A mild,sweet little book for fans of Audrey Hepburn. There is nothing earth-shattering here: mostly quotes by her and by people who adored her which seems to be just about everyone. If you already know a lot about her life, I don't think you'll learn more here, necessarily; I learned a little and probably just enough. If you collect books on Hepburn, you may want this book on your shelf. There is at least one photo of her per chapter, thoughts on her life and life in general.
Krista
My mom recently gave me a copy of this book (thanks mom!) because I happen to adore Audrey Hepburn. It is mostly a collection of quotes from the actress and a few other people, organized into broad categories with a short chapter introductions from the author. It is pleasant, and nice for a quick bedtime read. The quotes aren't anything remarkable, which I like because they sound like Ms. Hepburn said them in her spare time, when she wasn't "on" but was just being her normal, seemingly lovely, s...more
Michelle
Lovely little book - great insights from Audrey's life.
Ava Dash
This book isn’t really a guide on how to be like Audrey Hepburn, its more like a glimpse into her mind. The collection of quotes only make me lover her even more than i already did. She is humble, compassionate, and very true to herself. Audrey Hepburn has always been one of my favorite actresses. I definatly love her style and the characters she portrays in the movies and the elegance with which she carries herself. She is never the damsel in distress, or the ditz searching for a husband, she i...more
Bethany
This is my book club's February pick and it's basically a collection of quotes and photography of/by Audrey Hepburn. Some of the quotes were fantastic, but I really wished there were captions/dates with the photos. The author had a little introduction at each chapter, but she assumed you already knew everything about AH's life. I was left wanting more details. I would've much rather read a novel about AH than a collection of quotes and photos. Kind of disappointing pick and I'm kind of peeved we...more
Kerry White
I am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn so I thought this would be a quick and fun read. It was quick, but basically I found the content fairly banal. The book essentially consists of pictures of Audrey and quotes from other famous people about how lovely she was (couldn't agree more), interspersed with her own words. What this book was missing for me was context and relevance to today. If you're not an Audrey Hepburn fan, this book probably scores 2 stars for me.
Camille
I need to buy this book again as I let someone borrow it from me and never gave it back ...

Definitely an interesting, minimal, yet substantial read for those looking for some of the greatest hints towards success in all areas of life .. for those with self-esteem or those looking for it. I consider it a generally gentle read, mostly focusing on Audrey Hepburn and what she has the offer anyone through her character.
Sara
This is pretty much just a collection of sweet sayings by Audrey Hepburn, accompanied by pretty pictures. All the quotations are organized into short themed chapters like "Love," "Fame," and "Family." It wasn't entirely what I was expecting (I was hoping for more of a biography), but I enjoyed it anyway, and I would say its a fun short read for anyone who loves Audrey. (And really, who doesn't?)
Eustacia Tan
I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn on my first trip to Japan (I know, it's weird). So when I received this book, I was so ecstatic! It's a lovely book of quotes divided into a few sections (health, success, style, etc), and has quotes by Audrey, from her movies, her friends, etc. I've re-read it (the whole book and sections) time and time again, and I never get tired of it.
Staci
Great quotes and fun ancedotal quotes from those close to her. However, it was a strange read, in that to me it read more like a high school essay on her life than a biography or a "guide." The book didn't quite flow, so it was easy to pick up and put down-- imagine a Buzzfeed list on Audrey-- but still entertaining and inspirational.
Aiyaruk
Nov 05, 2007 Aiyaruk rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any lady, or to anyone who likes to emulate Audrey Hepburn's way of life
Shelves: read-nonfiction
I received this gorgeous little book as a gift from a friend, and it's something that I'll curl up with again and again. It's short and sweet, with lots of pictures of Audrey. It involves some speculation, which isn't bad at all, but the tone of the book personifies Audrey's lovely personality. Highly recommended for all ladies.
Janalyn
I can't remember for sure if this was the Audrey Hepburn book I read or not...but I am taking a chance and saying it was. I loved it. Really made me proud to admit to myself that my ideal sense of style can be wrapped up in 2 words- classy and flattering. In today's world it is much more acceptable to be trendy and loud.
  • The Audrey Hepburn Treasures
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Audrey Hepburn: An Intimate Portrait
  • Audrey Style
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn
  • Audrey: A Life in Pictures
  • How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class, and Grace
  • The Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons from the World's Most Elegant Woman
  • What Would Jackie Do?: An Inspired Guide to Distinctive Living
  • The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
  • Audrey: Her Real Story
  • The Bombshell Manual of Style
  • Better than Beauty: A Guide to Charm
  • A Guide to Elegance: For Every Woman Who Wants to Be Well and Properly Dressed on All Occasions
  • Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and the Dawn of the Modern Woman
  • Just Being Audrey