Start by marking “The Fifth Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Fifth Daughter

The Fifth Daughter (Italian Chronicles #1)

3.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
THE FIFTH DAUGHTER IS A STUNNING NEW LOVE STORY THAT SWEEPS FROM THE SOMBER MOORS OF YORKSHIRE TO THE TUSCAN HILLS OF SUNNY ITALY.

Born of tragedy and nurtured by scandal, Maresa Fairweather was a fifth daughter, all but abandoned by her widower father. Wild and headstrong, she was fortunate to have Percy Bronwell to keep her from harm's way. Now the childhood friends have
Published January 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Fifth Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fifth Daughter

Andrea Hussey
Jun 24, 2013 Andrea Hussey rated it did not like it
Did not finish
It's been years since I've tried to read this thing, so the details have clouded over time, but some have stayed. They refuse to leave my mind no matter how hard I wish they would. Bad books tend to do that. But here's what I remember, and what I didn't like about it:
They were best friends, supposedly. The woman in here, whose name I can't remember, kept stupidly getting herself in situations that she didn't know how to get out of, because she was a freakin idiot. She got engaged t
Cristina Contilli
Dall'amicizia all'amore... nell'Europa delle guerre napoleoniche...

LA CITAZIONE:

"Non le sembrava possibile che ci fosse stato un tempo in cui non lo aveva amato, perché si trattava di un sentimento troppo intenso e completo per essere nuovo. Doveva averlo sempre amato senza rendersene conto, così presa dalla ricerca di un marito da non accorgersi che l'uomo perfetto per lei era sempre stato al suo fianco."
Lori Bigby
Jan 20, 2015 Lori Bigby rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The framework of this story was good. Unfortunately, it turned out to be very predictable. I still enjoyed it for the most part, but about half way through I could see the ending very clearly and I kind of lost interest. This author has potential. I thought the beginning of the story was a great idea, though somewhat improbable. I can't imagine a father totally physically abandoning one daughter and taking the remaining four with him, no matter how guilty he felt. But still, I think it was proba ...more
Dec 17, 2015 Laura rated it did not like it
Boring. nothing much happened.
Nikki
Nov 25, 2011 Nikki rated it it was amazing
I so like this novel Maresa and Percy create magic for me when they finally got married and Maresa found out that she was in love with Percy something she should have realized from the beginning. Anyway the plot was excellent. I would advise everyone to read this it teaches that friends can really fall and about every dying loyalty.
Northern Belle Bookworm
Mar 28, 2015 Northern Belle Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love, i-own
I remeber the first time i read ths i was like 13 and it was my first REAL romance, i bet i read it like 20 times that summer! i fell madly in love with percy and was determined to name my first daughter maresa! now ten years later and i still love this book!!!
Trecia
Nov 25, 2011 Trecia rated it really liked it
maresa's father deserved to die long b4 he actually did. He was cruel and illiterate.however I think percy and maresa made a perfect couple.Percy was understanding and patient and so adorable.
"LOVE IS REALLY A FUNNY TING" Lol.
Marianne
Jun 22, 2011 Marianne rated it liked it
First time with this daughter. Nice story. Good character development, good plot, nice happy ever after ending. Clearly, the author does her research thoroughly.
Margie
Feb 04, 2008 Margie is currently reading it
I'm about half way through this book and am wondering why I'm even bothering to finish it.
Jamilah
Mar 28, 2008 Jamilah rated it it was ok
Trashy romance novel, entertaining enough, pretty much what you'd expect, and not overly racey.
Rosemary Oyinloye
Mar 08, 2013 Rosemary Oyinloye rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
This book is so interesting. It's as if the story really happend
Iris Campos
May 02, 2013 Iris Campos rated it liked it
Good story line, but she could have added more of Percy.
Ana
Feb 04, 2009 Ana rated it did not like it
Did I start with the wrong book by this author!
Sec2000
May 18, 2013 Sec2000 rated it did not like it
blah
Wildwitchca
Wildwitchca marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Elaine  Darrow
Elaine Darrow marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Lisa
Lisa added it
Feb 26, 2016
Ashe
Ashe marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Mareena
Mareena marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Ellesharin
Ellesharin marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Secrets Of The Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #3)
  • Knight's Treasure (Isles/Templars, #5)
  • The Sword Maiden (Celtic Nights, #3)
  • Once More, Miranda
  • Whisper to Me of Love (Louisiana, #7)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Come the Morning (Graham, #1)
  • Highland Scandal (The Scandalous Series #2)
  • The Last Arrow (Robin Hood, #3)
  • The Bodyguard (Captive Hearts, #3)
  • Midnight Bride (St. Leger, #3)
  • One Wish
  • Body Electric
  • Dreaming
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • Legacy of Lies
  • Silk and Secrets (Silk Trilogy, #2)
  • Viking
Barbara Elaine Gunter was born in San Diego, California, to William Samuel Gunter, Jr., a naval officer and Edna Marie (née Davidson) Gunter, a homemaker. From the age of three she lived in Midland, Texas and graduated from Midland High School. After she received a degree in elementary education from North Texas State University, she taught elementary school in Midland, Texas, while working on her ...more
More about Elaine Coffman...

Italian Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Italian