Start by marking “Witness in Death (In Death, #10)” as Want to Read:
Witness in Death (In Death, #10)

Witness in Death (In Death #10)

4.29  ·  Rating Details ·  21,237 Ratings  ·  631 Reviews
Writing as J.D. Robb, Nora Roberts presents the tenth book in the New York Times bestselling series. When a celebrity is killed right before her eyes, New York detective Eve Dallas takes a new place in crime--as both officer and witness to murder....
Published March 1st 2000 by Berkley Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Witness in Death, please sign up.

Sara ♥ #11 – Judgment in Death.

Here's a link to the series here on goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/series/4102...

Or, you can get to that page from any…more
#11 – Judgment in Death.

Or, you can get to that page from any of the book's pages. Under the book's description, click "More Details..." then next to Series click "In Death #10".(less)

Poonam
“Death is just the last scene of the last act.”― Joyce Carol Oates

A murder is committed as the last act of a theater performance in front of the whole cast, crew and thousand's of people who have come to watch this play including Eve Dallas.

As the story progresses we come to know that the Theater world is filled with people who like to perform on stage and outside of it, that relationships are not that simple in this world and you never know who is acting and who is genuine.

We also discover th
Jilly
Jul 28, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
"Peabody, am I an ass-kicker?"

"Are you asking to see my scars or is that a trick question?"

"Shut up, Peabody."

Okay, I admit it, Eve's grouchy, rude personality is growing on me. She kind of cracks me up.

"Great sweater, by the way. Is it cashmere?"

Baffled, Eve looked down at her navy turtleneck. "I don't know. It's blue."

Yeah, I can relate to not giving a damn about shopping. She's lucky to have a husband who buys her nice things that she can't appreciate.

So, in this book we have a murder tha
Breann

Eve & Roarke are such a wonderful couple and even though this is their tenth book, their relationship is still growing and changing. Eve really stretched herself in proving her love for Roarke. It was very sweet & endearing. Two words I never thought I'd associate with Eve. I loved it. On the flipside, Roake had an "insert foot in mouth" moment, which made this entire book worth the read.
The man does have faults! Smiley Praise Jesus! Smiley

Oh Peabody. The real star of the show. Smiley
Lisa Kay
The fabulous Marlene Dietrich in Agatha Christie’s wonderful “Witness for the Prosecution,” the play Roarke and Eve go to see.
description

& a Wow! & a Whoa! (This is a review of the audiobook.) Susan Ericksen narrates these characters as if she wrote them instead of J.D. Robb, she knows them that well. Her narration lets us know them better, too!

Loved this one. Adore all of them, actually, but this one was extra-extraordinary. I think it is one of the best in the series. The homage to Agatha Chris
Renégade ♥
4 1/2 to 5 stars
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Fully reviewing every book in the series makes no sense because the main characters are always on point. Sometimes some more are added to the squad, sometimes old faces become important. But at the end of the day, we'll never stop loving them. Especially McNab. If you don't worship McNab, you don't deserve to have the privilege to read this series.

However, what changes from book to book is the plot. Some are incredibly entertaining, some are creepy as fuck (the best ones always are). Some are ev
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

A man is murdered right before Lt. Eve Dallas’s eyes.

My favourite cop and her hunky husband Roarke go out to attend a play. Undoubtedly enjoying the fact that Roarke owns the theatre, Eve feels like she can finally relax a bit.

But when someone takes the death of a character into literal means and stabs the superstar of the show, Darco dies with a single stab through the heart.

Eve soon finds out that actors are very good liars because she is thrown this way and that way
Anastasia
Aug 13, 2016 Anastasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witness in Death by J.D.Robb is the 10th book in the In Death series. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is accompanying her husband to the opening of a production of Agatha Christies Witness for the Prosecution when the actor playing Leonard Vole is murdered on stage for real. This is probably my most favourite of the series mainly due to the Agatha Christie references and parallels. Plenty of action, lots of twists and hot sizzling romance culminating in a dramatic revelation. Another amazing book.
Kjen
Feb 14, 2013 Kjen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, re-read
More Roarke and Eve re-read awesomeness! The seduction scene...omg!...no need to say more(; And then the ending: "You can't go back. Can't fix what broke. But you can go forward. And every step matters. Every one makes a difference." She cupped his face in her hands. "From where I'm standing, you're the best step I ever took." Sweeeeet!
Paula
Jun 05, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in this series. As always the narrator makes this series so great.
İlkim
Bu yorumu Kitap Esintisi sayfasında bulabilirsiniz.

Bu kitabı aslında bir süre önce okudum, yalnız etrafımdan gelen baskılara dayanamayıp (!) yorumunu öne çektim. Şimdi kitapta Eve Dallas var, Roarke var, yazarı da Nora… Yani karakterleri övmekle zaman geçiremeyeceğim, çünkü ikisi de özellikle Roarke favorilerimden. Aşkları, aralarındaki ilişki, farklı kişilikleri, ortak geçmişleri sizi hala çekmediyse daha da çekmez zaten.

Bu kitapta Nora’nın zihnine girmeyi başardım nihayet. Öncelikle olaylardan
Tina
Jan 05, 2008 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
This is the 10th book of the In Death series.

It is the last gasp of winter in Early 2059. Eve and her husband, the megalicious billionaire Roarke are at the theatre (Roarke's, natch) on opening night of a performance of Agatha Christie's A Witness for the Prosecution.. In a case of life imitating art, the actor who plays the villainous Vole is murdered, right there on stage in front of the whole crowd. The prop knife replaced by a real one.

Who wanted the handsome lead actor dead? Well as it turn
Shari Kay
Aug 23, 2015 Shari Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
3.5

I didn't like this one as much as some others, though I thought the who dun it was great and kept you guessing until the end.

My enjoyment of the In Death series seems to go the way of how much I like Eve in any particular installment. Sorry to say, I wasn't too keen on her this time around.

I find Eve can be a bit... hypocritical at times, and it rubs me the wrong way.

She sneers a lot, and can be very rude. Especially to people who are not looking down on her, but are only trying to do th
Minh
Jul 08, 2010 Minh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I love the In Death series. I have read book 27 and am eagerly awaiting book 28. It's the ultimate in not so great chit lit mysteries. Combined with the Nora Roberts factor (don't be fooled by the JD Robb pen name), it will never be called one of the great mystery series, but I love it.

The character development is beyond slow, and probably everything that has happened to these characters (slowly slowly) could be condensed into 2 books at most. The thing I have the most problem with though is pr
Elvan
May 15, 2013 Elvan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
I used to think this was one of my least favourite InDeaths. I've changed my mind. JD Robb shows us how the old adage of "show don 't tell" should be done. Two scenes are pure examples of this...well maybe three, the scene in the train station when Eve is hunting Kenneth Stiles, the laugh out loud ( and I did) scene where a drunken Peabody and Eve have a conversation during Peabody and McNabb's first date and finally the murderer reveal on stage where the original murder occurred. Masterful. Gre ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
I don't know if it's cause it's been such a long time since I read the last one in this series or what, but I loved this installment of this series! I found myself laughing in several places. I enjoyed the development of Peabody and McNab's relationship and I liked how Eve was more relatable in here. She seemed more vulnerable and she was easier to like :) I know I won't wait another 8 months before reading the next one ;)
Catherine
I really liked the way this book started out, with Eve and Roarke out for a normal night out. As the series progresses we are seeing more and more of them in a normal couple environment, and I love it. It can’t always be about work. ;) Of course, they have the bad luck to witness a murder in the middle of their date, but the intent was still there. Eve is slowly becoming more than just the job.

Once again Robb keeps things fresh and offers up a completely different murder case for Eve. This time
Sassafrass
This series is just so fantastic.

I love how Eve is fighting hard with all she's got not become more human, but she just can't do it. Roarke is right there to help her along, but she's just so funny when she realizes how many friend she has.

This mystery was interesting. I couldn't really put it together or figure out how it was done this time. I had bits and pieces but the final reveal was a bit of a surprise to me. The theater, life imitating art and all that was very interesting. And of course,
Caz Malpas
4.5 Who the hell did it? 's

In the words of my favourite Irishman 'CHRIST, JESUS!!!'
That was a good one!

Roarke is still totally my dream man, with his irish sexiness oozing out of him, I'm so after his lucky charm!

The story as always was compelling, that alongside the secondary characters, whom I love more with each book, makes it an amazing read.

Have to admit I did a very childish snigger at the name of one of the characters......Mr Quim, lol, or at least that's what it sounded like on audio
Aya
Nov 14, 2015 Aya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
In Death: 10 (Reread)
Set a few weeks after the last book. In and around the main murder-mystery plot, the author manages to move forward on the growing attraction between Peabody and McNab, bring back Officer Truheart, who appeared a couple books ago, as well as retouch upon other recurring characters. It gives a feeling of depth to the series when side characters aren't just tossed aside when no longer necessary for the story. As far as the main mystery, there were too many suspects, and I foun
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
These are just OK for me. They're entertaining but I would never pay money for them. Good to get on audio from the library once in a while. I just feel like each book is a little too much like the others. Eve has traumatic flashbacks and nightmares about her childhood. She has trouble relating to other people. Roark owns everything. Roark interferes with her case. She gets mad at him and they have sex.

Mildly entertaining but nothing I'd pay money to read.
Büşra
Aug 04, 2011 Büşra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
kitap harikaydı :D eve summest dialoglarına hala gülüyorum.. Eve in sonunda hurda bilgisayarında kurtulması ve onu eve getirip benzetme planları yapması ama Roarke nin bu planlara limon sıkmasına çok güldüm :D haada gülüyorum aklıma geldikçe.. :p (roarke bilgisayarı almaya çalışınca,Eve in 'olamaz ya ürerse' demesi'falan mühişti.. hele bilgisayara teknoloji dünyasının deccali! dediği yerde koptum :D)
Diane
Jan 04, 2016 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
Every time I read this book, I like it more if that's possible. The whole world is a stage - basically sums up this book. Lies, deceit, and more lies - gotta love thespians!

Love the scene with Eve preparing for a seductive evening with Roarke - too funny, poor girl!

Still wondering about that cone-shaped thing that tinkles - I have no idea how that works ;)

5 stars and 2 thumbs up for Witness in Death - on to Justice in Death!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Still going along with the In-Death series. I keep expecting the characters to lose their appeal but they don't. Eve trying to do something special for Roarke was a good laugh. The mystery part is fairly obvious but the character development continues.

I keep thinking that I like Eve Dallas just as she is. Then she changes and grows and I like her even more.
Susan Jackson
May 09, 2016 Susan Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went on a JD Robb binge over the past few weeks and read books 1-10 in the In Death series. SO GOOD! I want my own Roarke. And I quite enjoy the recurring characters that have been introduced. It's also good to see Eve develop and grow as the series progresses. Just bought books 11-15...
Cyndi
Sep 19, 2016 Cyndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Mix some J. D. Robb with some Agatha Christie and you get genius! In the way of Christie, the murderer is obvious but hard to see.
Glamdring
Aug 25, 2014 Glamdring rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3,5 stars*
Telma Oliveira
Jul 29, 2016 Telma Oliveira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Aquela autora que "toda a gente gosta" e eu não consigo gostar.....
Eva
Jan 01, 2017 Eva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krimi-thriller
Tyto detektivky odehrávající se v daleké budoucnosti, s příměsí romace a psychologického románu, jsou velmi dobře napsané. V drtivé většině případů nemám nejmenší tušení o tom, kdo je vrah a musím si počkat na často velmi originální rozuzlení. Hlavní hrdinka a ostatní postavy jsou dobře propracované, mají svou historii a hloubku. Vztahy mezi nimi se zajímavě rozvíjejí a proplétají. Je to zábava.
J.D. Robb : Witness In Death Buddy Read - Nov. 2016 53 34 Dec 23, 2016 12:32PM
J.D. Robb : Witness In Death (Spoiler Zone) 15 121 Nov 25, 2016 04:27AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Witness In Death (Feb. 2014) SPOILER ZONE 80 52 Nov 27, 2014 03:01PM
Readers of Kindle...: Witness in Death #10 2 9 Feb 16, 2012 08:24AM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)
  • Hades
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)

“I hate patience. Slows everything down.” 102 likes
“Today," she told it, "death comes to all your circuits. Will it be slow and systematic or fast and brutal?" Considering, she circled it, "Tough decision. I've waited so long for this moment. Dreamed of it."

Showing her teeth, she began to roll up her sleeves.

"What," Roarke asked from the doorway that connected their work areas, "is that?"

"The former bane of my existence. The Antichrist of technology. Do we have a hammer?"

Studying the pile on the floor, he walked in. "Several, I imagine, of various types."

"I want all of them. Tiny little hammers, big, wallbangers, and everything in between."

"Might one ask why?"

"I'm going to beat this thing apart, byte by byte, until there's nothing left but dust from the last trembling chip."

"Hmmm." Roarke crouched down, examined the pitifully out-of-date system. "When did you haul this mess in here?"

"Just now. I had it in the car. Maybe I should use acid, just stand here and watch it hiss and dissolve. That could be good."

Saying nothing, Roarke took a small case out of his pocket, opened it, and chose a slim tool. With a few deft moves, he had the housing open.

"Hey! Hey! What're you doing?"

"I haven't seen anything like this in a decade. Fascinating. Look at this corrosion. Christ, this is a SOC chip system. And it's cross-wired."

When he began to fiddle, she rushed over and slapped at his hands. "Mine. I get to kill it."

"Get a grip on yourself," he said absently and delved deeper into the guts. "I'll take this into research."

"No. Uh-uh. I have to bust it apart. What if it breeds?”
79 likes