Start by marking “Marshall Field's Cookbook Classic Recipes and Fresh Takes from the Field's Culinary Council” as Want to Read:

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  3 reviews
GREAT CONDITION, WILL SHIP FAST!
Published January 1st 2006 by Book Kitchen

Be the first to ask a question about Marshall Field's Cookbook Classic Recipes and Fresh Takes from the Field's Culinary Council

Missy
I am from Minneapolis and as far as I am concerned this is a Dayton's cookbook. (Dayton's started Target and bought Marshall Field's, regional stubborness.)

This is part history book and part cookbook. I enjoyed it, but I was not as inspired to make the goods as I thought I would be when I asked for it as a gift.

I guess it taught me this lesson: If you can still by the item at the restaurant across town, then why try to make it at home!

I will have the cookbook in case the restaurants/delis close!
Pam
Reading this book was like taking a step back in time to having a "Field's Special" followed by a slice of Frango Mint ice cream pie, under the big Christmas tree in the Walnut Room at Marshall Field's on State Street, Chicago. My grandmother used to take me there as a child. What a great memory to re-visit!
Nancy
Lots of good sounding and pretty looking food. I got this from the library, but think I'm going to have to buy a copy. Fighting the urge to run to the store (now Macy's) and buy a truckload of Frango mints and go to town on the chocolate chapter!
Cherylee
Cherylee marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Michelle Skinner
Michelle Skinner marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Jenni
Jenni added it
Mar 28, 2015
Joann
Joann added it
Mar 08, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
James L.
James L. marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Apr 25, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Martha Jennison
Martha Jennison marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Trader Vic's Tiki Party!: Cocktails and Food to Share with Friends The Pancake Handbook: Specialties from Bette's Oceanview Diner Firehouse Food: Cooking with San Francisco's Firefighters American Christmas Dinner Parties. Recipes, Georgeanne Brennan