A Woman and Her God

A Woman and Her God

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Many of today's most extraordinary Christian women communicators join together to impart the wisdom God has given them--and to help women realize all God intended for them.
Published April 18th 2003 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2003)

Lori
Generally pleasant, mostly Biblical, and often convicting. Not deep, but I was still encouraged in my desire to grow closer to God through His word.
Cindy
What I liked the most about this study; the variety of writers with encouraging and helpful information. I would recommend this to any Bible Study group of Women.
Barbara
Since it was an edited work, there were some sections that were excellent (Beth Moore and Sandra Wilson), most were average and I've never been a fan of Jill Briscoe's writing, so I just skimmed that chapter. The best thing about the book was that it introduced me to Sandra Wilson. Her chapter nailed it! So much, that my next book is Into Abba's Arms. Very excited to start it later today.
Debbie Taylor
This is not just a book by Beth Moore. Several Christian women contributed to this book, so the topics range in both depth and subject. I enjoyed reading this for a college course on working with women in ministry, but would have enjoyed it even without the requirements of class.
Tammy
A collection of messages from inspiring Christian authors. Excellent book - thanks to Penny for leaving it behind. I especially like the chapter written by Jill Briscoe on Jesus and the Woman at the Well. It centers on how Jesus loves and cares for women. I recommend this book.
Traci
Had to read this book for my counseling women class. I absolutely loved it. There were so many things to apply to my personal life and it greatly enriched my faith. It definitely made me re-evaluate how I look at different things and put things into a very good perspective!
Kasie
Nov 27, 2008 Kasie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ladies ages 15 and up
Recommended to Kasie by: a friend
This was a good read in that it reminded me how special I am to God, and how much He loves me. Females need to hear that from time-to-time... Also provided great insight on a woman's relationship with the Lord
Katie Casey
A collection of devotional type messages from some really amazing Christian women (and one man). Really enjoyed this read and the format of each message was easy to read and inspired good time with God.
Tamara
I thought this book was rather shallow. I want deep, meaty, applicable truth, but this was mostly cute anecdotes and feel-good messages with a few deep truths splashed through it.
Heather
I liked that each chapter was written by someone else and all the bible verses each author used and recommended at the end of each chapter as verses that inspire.
Cory Jenk
Good usage of Scripture and most of it can be applicable to male or female. Definitely a way of empowering the average woman to think more "outside of the box".
Mandy Huot
I really enjoyed the fact that each chapter was written by a different person. I could relate to alot of the events talked about in this book.
Sheila
Sep 11, 2012 Sheila marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Angie
So far, I've found it to be interesting, although sometimes a bit more psychobabble than truth. It's worth reading though.
Jenn
Basically, any woman would enjoy this book and get a lot out of it no matter what they are facing. Highly recommended!!
Virginia Adams
As expected, this book did not disappoint. Very good insight and input by all authors who wrote sections of this book.
Karen
Aug 23, 2007 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Shelves: christianreads
This is a decent book with lots of contributing authors. Not my favorite but has some great points.
Elena
This is a collection of messages by women authors and speakers. Some I liked more than others.
Naomi  Lutz
This was an awesome read and I learned how ,much God really cares about women and how they feel.
Jaime
I'm reading this for my Christian Counseling for Women course. Great book so far!
Phyllis Kiesling
Enjoyed the different authors for each chapter. Would recommend this as a good read.
Didn't find it helpful for where im at. Felt it told me how I felt a lot.
Dee Bryant
awesome book. Authors write this with a woman's heart for a woman's heart.
Tina
Some essays resonated while some did not.
Dana Lopez
a beautiful journey towards God. Amazing.
Angela
An awesome life changing book!
Jennifer N Tullos
Jennifer N Tullos marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
C. L.Tucker
C. L.Tucker marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • Found: God's Will
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • How to Pray
  • Let. It. Go.: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith
Jill Briscoe was born in England and found Christ when she was 18 years old. She never looked back. Upon graduating from Cambridge University, she began working as a teacher by day and had a vigorous street ministry to the youths of Liverpool by night.

She met Stuart at a youth conference and they married in 1958. In the 50 years since, Jill has become a highly sought-after Bible teacher and author...more
More about Jill Briscoe...
A Little Pot of Oil: A Life Overflowing Prime Rib and Apple God's Front Door: Private Conversations There's a Snake in My Garden Prayer That Works

“Life works most perfectly when a reciprocal love relationship is in place between man and God.” 9 likes
“God made our souls to long for Him, and we are not fully satisfied without His presence in our lives.” 1 likes