Start by marking “A Woman and Her God” as Want to Read:
A Woman and Her God

A Woman and Her God

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  437 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Many of today's most extraordinary Christian women communicators join together to impart the wisdom God has given them--and to help women realize all God intended for them.
Published April 18th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Woman and Her God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman and Her God

Pam
Dec 28, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What caught the attention of my Christian women's book club about this book was the familiar author, Beth Moore. She rightfully has a popular and positive reputation among Christian readers. We pleasantly discovered that this is actually a collection of related essays by other Christian women (and one man!) who added powerful messages of their own. "A Woman and Her God" felt more personal than other books we've studied. We were each able to take something away from the varied discussions focusin ...more
Terrie
Jan 03, 2016 Terrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Some of the chapters spoke to my heart and soul more than others. I would recommend it to others.
Katie Casey
Jul 21, 2012 Katie Casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of devotional type messages from some really amazing Christian women (and one man). Really enjoyed this read and the format of each message was easy to read and inspired good time with God.
Lori
Apr 13, 2014 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally pleasant, mostly Biblical, and often convicting. Not deep, but I was still encouraged in my desire to grow closer to God through His word.
Tanya
Sep 29, 2014 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very simple, but very helpful in the sense of reminding me about God and His love for me as a woman. I had to read this book for my women's counseling class. I enjoyed it.
Cindy
What I liked the most about this study; the variety of writers with encouraging and helpful information. I would recommend this to any Bible Study group of Women.
Laurie
May 07, 2015 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. —MICAH 6:8 • Delete this highlight
Add a note
He loved us. Colossians 3:1–4 says, “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with h
Julie Hicks
Nov 16, 2014 Julie Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Devotiond

I love this book. So many women giving life lessons through His word. I loved every one I read. A MUST read for any women no matter what stage you are in your walk with God.
Linda
May 30, 2016 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good essays for women. I felt Hagar's essay was a little repetitive of an earlier essay and I felt the LaHaye's used some terminology that was not well introduced. Overall, a good devotional read.
Bridgette Marriott
Actually, I'd give this one s 3.7. I enjoyed most of the essays and it's a pretty quick read. definitely going to pass it on.
Kerry Hensley Cobb
Greatly defined for women wanting to know what our role and purpose is according to God. Wonderful book.
Lindsay
Jul 15, 2015 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great and enjoyable read. This book was read at the perfect time where I need a reset button to stop and reflect where my heart is. It puts in perspective the important things.

A Lulu recommendation!!
Barbara
Aug 11, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since it was an edited work, there were some sections that were excellent (Beth Moore and Sandra Wilson), most were average and I've never been a fan of Jill Briscoe's writing, so I just skimmed that chapter. The best thing about the book was that it introduced me to Sandra Wilson. Her chapter nailed it! So much, that my next book is Into Abba's Arms. Very excited to start it later today.
Debbie Taylor
Oct 28, 2013 Debbie Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not just a book by Beth Moore. Several Christian women contributed to this book, so the topics range in both depth and subject. I enjoyed reading this for a college course on working with women in ministry, but would have enjoyed it even without the requirements of class.
Tammy
Jan 06, 2008 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of messages from inspiring Christian authors. Excellent book - thanks to Penny for leaving it behind. I especially like the chapter written by Jill Briscoe on Jesus and the Woman at the Well. It centers on how Jesus loves and cares for women. I recommend this book.
Traci
Dec 12, 2012 Traci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had to read this book for my counseling women class. I absolutely loved it. There were so many things to apply to my personal life and it greatly enriched my faith. It definitely made me re-evaluate how I look at different things and put things into a very good perspective!
Kasie
Nov 27, 2008 Kasie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ladies ages 15 and up
Recommended to Kasie by: a friend
This was a good read in that it reminded me how special I am to God, and how much He loves me. Females need to hear that from time-to-time... Also provided great insight on a woman's relationship with the Lord
Tamara
Sep 17, 2010 Tamara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was rather shallow. I want deep, meaty, applicable truth, but this was mostly cute anecdotes and feel-good messages with a few deep truths splashed through it.
Heather
Jul 14, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked that each chapter was written by someone else and all the bible verses each author used and recommended at the end of each chapter as verses that inspire.
Cory Jenk
Jul 13, 2013 Cory Jenk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good usage of Scripture and most of it can be applicable to male or female. Definitely a way of empowering the average woman to think more "outside of the box".
Mandy Huot
I really enjoyed the fact that each chapter was written by a different person. I could relate to alot of the events talked about in this book.
Sheila
Sep 11, 2012 Sheila marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Angie
Dec 08, 2008 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, I've found it to be interesting, although sometimes a bit more psychobabble than truth. It's worth reading though.
Jenn
Jul 09, 2013 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basically, any woman would enjoy this book and get a lot out of it no matter what they are facing. Highly recommended!!
Virginia
Mar 14, 2013 Virginia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As expected, this book did not disappoint. Very good insight and input by all authors who wrote sections of this book.
Karen
Aug 23, 2007 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Shelves: christianreads
This is a decent book with lots of contributing authors. Not my favorite but has some great points.
Elena
May 06, 2013 Elena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of messages by women authors and speakers. Some I liked more than others.
Naomi  Lutz
Feb 13, 2013 Naomi Lutz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome read and I learned how ,much God really cares about women and how they feel.
Jaime
I'm reading this for my Christian Counseling for Women course. Great book so far!
Phyllis Kiesling
Sep 12, 2012 Phyllis Kiesling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the different authors for each chapter. Would recommend this as a good read.
  • Unto the Hills
  • Life Interrupted
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark: Steps to Walking by Faith, Not by Sight
  • Wigglesworth on the Anointing
Jill Briscoe was born in England and found Christ when she was 18 years old. She never looked back. Upon graduating from Cambridge University, she began working as a teacher by day and had a vigorous street ministry to the youths of Liverpool by night.

She met Stuart at a youth conference and they married in 1958. In the 50 years since, Jill has become a highly sought-after Bible teacher and author
More about Jill Briscoe...

“Life works most perfectly when a reciprocal love relationship is in place between man and God.” 10 likes
“Lord, You know me. You know my natural personality is given to fear. You know all my insecurities. You know that I have a need to be loved and to feel significant and to feel affirmed. And Father, I’m not going to ask my family to do that for me today. They may or may not, and if they do, that’s wonderful. But Father, You are my sole satisfaction, and I ask You to satisfy me this morning with Your unfailing love.” 5 likes