Start by marking “Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi, #0.5)

Lover Beware (World of the Lupi 0.5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,664 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
BE WARNED: Four of today's most popular authors push passion and intrigue to the limit.

Fans wait with bated breath for their new novels. Now, Christine Feehan, Katherine Sutcliffe, Fiona Brand, and Eileen Wilks give them a taste of what they've asked for in four stories of the most daring kind of love...

Published March 2nd 2007 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published July 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lover Beware, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover Beware

Karyogini
Jun 06, 2011 Karyogini rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-on-2011
CHANGED! ARGH! I started reading World of Lupi book 1!!! OMG! It's practically the same story but not! RAR! Don't read this story if you don't want the other book ruined for you. I thought this was and introduction to the series! It's so not! Here Yu has a dog, in the series she has a cat... I'm not done reading book 1 but it's safe to say that its way better to read it! ARG! I hate this. Wish I knew that i shouldn't have read this one!

Formerly 4 stars for Only Human

I only read Eileen Wilks' Onl
faeriemyst
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan
The first few chapters of MItW started off well enough, the author captured the coastal town atmosphere perfectly, however, after that it got a little, okay at times a lot, cheesy and eye-roll-inducing. Romances don't have to be that sticky-sweet. What was different and interesting is that the narration was mainly told through the male lead instead of the female; there's not too much of that in romances. The only downfall to the story being told this way was
Vasya
Mar 31, 2012 Vasya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The rating and review revolves only around World of the Lupi novella by Eileen Wilks

It was sweet. Well, not the whole story, but the ending, it was really sweet and made me smile because well, I suspected but it was handled in such a way that I just had to smile. Don't know how to describe the feeling to you.

As for the actual story before the sweet ending, it was OK. The world building was interesting, my attention was fairly captivated and the characters were fun to get to know. I just think th
Nika
Jun 19, 2014 Nika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
World of the Lupi
I thought this was an intro for the series, but it is a simplified version of book 1.
Don't read this if you don't want to get spoiled.
Although I am at only 100 pages of #1 so far, it's incomparably better, obviously more elaborate and longer than novella version. I'm sorry there wasn't any warning posted, otherwise I wouldn't have read this first. Or at all, actually.
Don't get me wrong, this is a good story if you don't plan reading book 1 or rest of the series.
Erica Chilson
The Rating and Following Review are for the Novella "Only Human" By Eileen Wilks (World of Lupi #0.5)
I will rate & review the other Novella in this book when I read the Drake Sisters series by Christine Feehan.

Most reviewer have reviewed that the World of Lupi series as a poor knock-off of the Vampire Hunter Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. This review is mainly to dispute such a claim.

Having only read the prequel so far I can only comment on the main Character and the story premi
Michelle
Great story but a shame it's a short story as it doesn't go in to enough detail for me! However I have now learnt that I shouldn't of read it before starting the series as it's a shortened slightly altered version of the first book from what I have read from other people.... But fingers crossed it hasn't spoilt the first book for me too much!!!
Serena Wilson
Oct 13, 2014 Serena Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So if u want to read this series and want to start from the beginning skip this book. Tempting danger is just a expanding on this book.
Daniell Marsh
May 03, 2016 Daniell Marsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a four book anthology by four different authors.
Christine Feehan -Magic in the Wind (5 Stars)
Sarah is the first sister out of seven in a magical bloodline. Sarah has come home to Sea Haven and the whole town is whispering about it even the wind. When Damon Wilder hears the whispers it makes him wonder about Sarah even though he is more of a loner. Early retirement has not stopped danger from following him. Can Sarah help him before the danger proves deadly for both of them.
Katherine Su
Izzy
Jun 10, 2015 Izzy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slightly disappointed with this anthology as I found it included some author's novels/stories that any reader can find elsewhere -- I've already read #1 of the Drake Sisters series, and #1 of World of Lupi series. While the Lupi short story is slightly different to #1 in the series, readers already familiar with the Lupi series can skip it.

That left me with:

* 'Hot August Moon' by Katherine Sutcliffe. 2*
Interesting story and world. While I was interested in the main characters, whom are exes, the
Paulina
Nov 01, 2015 Paulina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book before this because I didn't know about this book until later. I'm glad I read the first book first, as I was not fond of this one, and probably wouldn't have continued the series otherwise. This novella doesn't occur before the first book, but rather, it is a short version of the first book if Lily was purely human. I don't like her being purely human, and I wasn't fond of Rule either. In this version he lies to Lily constantly, even about things he doesn't have to. I don' ...more
Jill
May 28, 2015 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Feehan story is a promising beginning to the Drake sister series. I would love to be their neighbor,they are intriguing.I am definitely interested in reading the sisters' adventures & romance. The Katherine Sutcliffe story is about as interesting as melba toast. It's a prequel to "Bad Moon Rising" and it does not entice me to continue the story. I did learn something about myself, though. The main character smokes & I found it off-putting...which is weird since I am a former smoker. ...more
Hope
Jul 16, 2015 Hope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first three stories but the third one was a bit out there:)
Heather
Jun 18, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread of Feehan story. Still love those Drake sisters.
Maura
Stewart
Magic in the Wind-Christine Feehan --- Cute story, love the idea of seven sisters with different magical powers but also having the power to work together to achieve greater results. This story felt more like a "romance" than other urban fantasy (paranormal romance, whatev) I read. Unsure if I will continue on to read the other 6 books that comprise the series, mostly because I feel these might get more "romance-like", focusing more on the relationships between each sister and her beau, instead ...more
Ashley♥Alexis
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan
4-stars
I was surprised that this was so short but after reading it, the story really didn't need to be more drawn out. I really liked the snippets you get about Hannah and Jonas and I cant wait to read their story.

Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutcliffe
3-stars
I knew this was a prequal so I went and read the synopsis of Bad Moon Rising and had no interest in it. I debated even reading this story but figured since it was only 5 chapters it wouldn't be that b
Shannon
"Magic in the Wind" Christine Feehan - *1/2 I read this series once upon a time, but find it annoying and a little boring now. The main characters fall instantly in love, instantly in bed, and the heroine is so dang powerful, and perfect, that I didn't like her. The characters didn't seem real to me.

"Hot August Moon" Katherine Sutcliffe - ***1/2 Warning - this is only part of a bigger story - and it doesn't really end. Great story, although the romance side was underdeveloped and rushed. Read it
Alyssa  *Tyrahnny*
Jan 16, 2012 Alyssa *Tyrahnny* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magic in the wind : 5 star

I'm a huge fan of Mrs. Feehan. But I wasn't expecting to love "Magic in the wind" so much coz even thought her Drake Sisters' series are always a very pleasant ride, it's not my favorite from her. And usually, short stories (for my taste anyway) are a pale copy of what the story could be and everything (story, characters and feelings) always seem too rush and I can never really become attach to the characters. But Feehan avoided the trap and managed it in less than 100
Stephie
"Magic in the Wind" by Christine Feehan - I really didn't like this story, it was very formulaic and not exciting at all. Everything was irritating to me - the characters, the plot, the way people reacted to things, the sheer ridiculousness of everything happening.

"Hot August Moon" by Katherine Sutcliffe - I love suspense stories with serial killers and the FBI and this one was no exception. The French Quarter story was interesting and even made me want to read how it ends in the next book. I wa
Deirdre
Oct 18, 2009 Deirdre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
The first story in this collection is by Christine Feehan's Magic in the Wind, a prequel to her Drake Sisters stories. Sarah is a security specialist; Damon is a man dealing with a lot of guilt. He is going to have to accept her powers to save himself.

Katherine Sutcliffe's Hot August Moon is the story of a profiler who can see in to the mind of a serial killer, she's also torn with the man who is helping her, one of the detectives on the case. This one was interesting and made me want to read mo
Kathy
10-2015 note begin again the World of Lupi series

Magic in the Wind - Christine Feehan
The first of the Drake Sisters - Sarah Drake, the oldest, is called home because her assignment is to watch over Damon Wilder, a brilliant scientist, who had been kidnapped and watched an associate killed because he would not give up defense secrets, and he resigned, and felt called to the coast, and the Drake home .. and he hears on the wind & from the townspeople that Sarah is home... and he goes to see he
D.L. Harvey
Feb 02, 2016 D.L. Harvey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've kept this book for decades because Eileen Wilk's short story that later becomes a series is an excellent example of short story writing and later transitioning into novel format. Aw, hell, I'm just glad I got in at the ground floor of such a series. Wilk's novels belong in Urban Fantasy with her rich tapestry of a world transitioning into one increasingly filled with magic. This is where it started; a little story in an anthology.
Dhalia
Jul 22, 2014 Dhalia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan - I couldn't finish this one, but then I'm not a fan of Feehan.

Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutcliffe - Alright, but I find a cliff hanger ending in a short story to be very annoying.

After Midnight by Fiona Brand - Again, I couldn't even finish this one.

Only Human by Eileen Wilks - The reason I even read this book. This is a different version of how Lily and Rule meet, and I'm onto the 11th or 12th book in the series. Let's just say, you can never go back.
Tina
May 07, 2015 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of the stories were fun to read, but a word of warning on the Sutcliffe story. It is a prequel to another book and ends in a cliffhanger. Very frustrating! Although it was an interesting read, the reviews on the main novel are not that great and they did not have it at either of my nearby book stores... I suggest you skip that one entirely unless you are prepared with the next book in this duo.
Katrina Tremblett
Unfortunately, this book has fallen in to my DNF Pile for now.... I love Christine Feehan, but this book just didn't do it for me... I've continually (since November 2015) tried to pick it back up and tried to finish it - I don't know what is was about this book - other than to say that it just didn't grab my attention like her others have or whatever.... So for now.... it sits in the DNF corner and hopefully I will return to it....

And as you can see from my reading challenge, I. READ. A. LOT. I
Kathrynn
4 Short Stories

1. Magic in the Wind by Feehan
-- This includes book #1 in the Drake Sisters (Sarah's story) and if you have the short stand alone entitled "Magic in the Wind" you already have this story.

2. Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutliffe
- I liked this story the most of all four. I thought this one could have been expanded and hoped it would turn into a book someday. To my knowledge, it has not.
- Since the info on the back of the book is horrible, this story is about Anna (FBI profiler w
Nur Aqilah
Oct 24, 2014 Nur Aqilah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the stories in this book. But I suggest you not to read this book if you want to read the World of Lupi series because it will just make things confusing since this book is a slightly modified version of the first book.

Kathy
Netanella
Okay, based on all the reviews for Eileen Wilks' prequel "Only Human," I am d-n-f'ing this short until I've read the first book in the series. Apparently the prequel is really a earlier, shorter version of the first book, but with enough inconsistencies to lead to reader confusion. And Lord knows I don't need any more help in that particular arena.
Kristine
This was 4 short novellas. The first by Feehan it turns out I had already read and I enjoyed it. The second story by Katherine Sutcliffe was really kind of interesting but seemed more like it was a piece taken out of another story versus it's own story. That was a bit disappointing. The third by Fiona Brand was probably my favorite. Two people who fell for each other but life kept apart. Good chemistry. Eileen Wilks wrote the final story and I liked it fairly well too. It had werewolf shifters s ...more
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Man of My Dreams (includes: The League, #3.5)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5)
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
  • Tied with a Bow (Includes: Breeds, #25; World of the Lupi, #8.5)
  • Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2)
  • Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #15; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Cravings (Undead #1.5; Moon #3.5)
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • Charmed (Ghost Hunters, #0.5; Winston Brothers, #2)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 50 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, & the Sisters of the Heart Series. All five series hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paran ...more
More about Christine Feehan...

World of the Lupi (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1)
  • Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)
  • Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)
  • Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi, #7)
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
  • Mortal Ties (World of the Lupi, #9)
  • Ritual Magic (World of the Lupi, #10)