Start by marking “Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi, #0.5)

Lover Beware (Drake Sisters #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  3,161 ratings  ·  73 reviews
BE WARNED: Four of today's most popular authors push passion and intrigue to the limit.

Fans wait with bated breath for their new novels. Now, Christine Feehan, Katherine Sutcliffe, Fiona Brand, and Eileen Wilks give them a taste of what they've asked for in four stories of the most daring kind of love...

Published March 2nd 2007 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published July 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lover Beware, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover Beware

Karyogini
CHANGED! ARGH! I started reading World of Lupi book 1!!! OMG! It's practically the same story but not! RAR! Don't read this story if you don't want the other book ruined for you. I thought this was and introduction to the series! It's so not! Here Yu has a dog, in the series she has a cat... I'm not done reading book 1 but it's safe to say that its way better to read it! ARG! I hate this. Wish I knew that i shouldn't have read this one!

Formerly 4 stars for Only Human

I only read Eileen Wilks' Onl
faeriemyst
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan
The first few chapters of MItW started off well enough, the author captured the coastal town atmosphere perfectly, however, after that it got a little, okay at times a lot, cheesy and eye-roll-inducing. Romances don't have to be that sticky-sweet. What was different and interesting is that the narration was mainly told through the male lead instead of the female; there's not too much of that in romances. The only downfall to the story being told this way was
Vasya
The rating and review revolves only around World of the Lupi novella by Eileen Wilks

It was sweet. Well, not the whole story, but the ending, it was really sweet and made me smile because well, I suspected but it was handled in such a way that I just had to smile. Don't know how to describe the feeling to you.

As for the actual story before the sweet ending, it was OK. The world building was interesting, my attention was fairly captivated and the characters were fun to get to know. I just think th
Nika
World of the Lupi
I thought this was an intro for the series, but it is a simplified version of book 1.
Don't read this if you don't want to get spoiled.
Although I am at only 100 pages of #1 so far, it's incomparably better, obviously more elaborate and longer than novella version. I'm sorry there wasn't any warning posted, otherwise I wouldn't have read this first. Or at all, actually.
Don't get me wrong, this is a good story if you don't plan reading book 1 or rest of the series.
Erica Chilson
The Rating and Following Review are for the Novella "Only Human" By Eileen Wilks (World of Lupi #0.5)
I will rate & review the other Novella in this book when I read the Drake Sisters series by Christine Feehan.

Most reviewer have reviewed that the World of Lupi series as a poor knock-off of the Vampire Hunter Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. This review is mainly to dispute such a claim.

Having only read the prequel so far I can only comment on the main Character and the story premi
Michelle
Great story but a shame it's a short story as it doesn't go in to enough detail for me! However I have now learnt that I shouldn't of read it before starting the series as it's a shortened slightly altered version of the first book from what I have read from other people.... But fingers crossed it hasn't spoilt the first book for me too much!!!
Serena Wilson
So if u want to read this series and want to start from the beginning skip this book. Tempting danger is just a expanding on this book.
Maura
Magic in the Wind - Christine Feehan - 3/5 - So this novella opens up the Drake Sisters series - 7 daughters of a 7th daughter they're gifted with magic (one could call them witches, but the term isn't thrown about as though they are...it's just acknowledged that they're different). This story is about the eldest, Sarah, a security expert who is charged with protecting Damon Wilder, who is being stalked by some people who are after a security device he created. He's something of a tortured hero. ...more
Stewart
Magic in the Wind-Christine Feehan --- Cute story, love the idea of seven sisters with different magical powers but also having the power to work together to achieve greater results. This story felt more like a "romance" than other urban fantasy (paranormal romance, whatev) I read. Unsure if I will continue on to read the other 6 books that comprise the series, mostly because I feel these might get more "romance-like", focusing more on the relationships between each sister and her beau, instead ...more
Ashley♥Alexis
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan
4-stars
I was surprised that this was so short but after reading it, the story really didn't need to be more drawn out. I really liked the snippets you get about Hannah and Jonas and I cant wait to read their story.

Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutcliffe
3-stars
I knew this was a prequal so I went and read the synopsis of Bad Moon Rising and had no interest in it. I debated even reading this story but figured since it was only 5 chapters it wouldn't be that b
Shannon
"Magic in the Wind" Christine Feehan - *1/2 I read this series once upon a time, but find it annoying and a little boring now. The main characters fall instantly in love, instantly in bed, and the heroine is so dang powerful, and perfect, that I didn't like her. The characters didn't seem real to me.

"Hot August Moon" Katherine Sutcliffe - ***1/2 Warning - this is only part of a bigger story - and it doesn't really end. Great story, although the romance side was underdeveloped and rushed. Read it
Alyssa  *Tyrahnny*
Magic in the wind : 5 star

I'm a huge fan of Mrs. Feehan. But I wasn't expecting to love "Magic in the wind" so much coz even thought her Drake Sisters' series are always a very pleasant ride, it's not my favorite from her. And usually, short stories (for my taste anyway) are a pale copy of what the story could be and everything (story, characters and feelings) always seem too rush and I can never really become attach to the characters. But Feehan avoided the trap and managed it in less than 100
Teri
"Magic in the Wind" by Christine Feehan - I really didn't like this story, it was very formulaic and not exciting at all. Everything was irritating to me - the characters, the plot, the way people reacted to things, the sheer ridiculousness of everything happening.

"Hot August Moon" by Katherine Sutcliffe - I love suspense stories with serial killers and the FBI and this one was no exception. The French Quarter story was interesting and even made me want to read how it ends in the next book. I wa
Deirdre
The first story in this collection is by Christine Feehan's Magic in the Wind, a prequel to her Drake Sisters stories. Sarah is a security specialist; Damon is a man dealing with a lot of guilt. He is going to have to accept her powers to save himself.

Katherine Sutcliffe's Hot August Moon is the story of a profiler who can see in to the mind of a serial killer, she's also torn with the man who is helping her, one of the detectives on the case. This one was interesting and made me want to read mo
Kathy
Dhalia
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan - I couldn't finish this one, but then I'm not a fan of Feehan.

Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutcliffe - Alright, but I find a cliff hanger ending in a short story to be very annoying.

After Midnight by Fiona Brand - Again, I couldn't even finish this one.

Only Human by Eileen Wilks - The reason I even read this book. This is a different version of how Lily and Rule meet, and I'm onto the 11th or 12th book in the series. Let's just say, you can never go back.
Kathrynn
4 Short Stories

1. Magic in the Wind by Feehan
-- This includes book #1 in the Drake Sisters (Sarah's story) and if you have the short stand alone entitled "Magic in the Wind" you already have this story.

2. Hot August Moon by Katherine Sutliffe
- I liked this story the most of all four. I thought this one could have been expanded and hoped it would turn into a book someday. To my knowledge, it has not.
- Since the info on the back of the book is horrible, this story is about Anna (FBI profiler w
Nur Aqilah
I really like the stories in this book. But I suggest you not to read this book if you want to read the World of Lupi series because it will just make things confusing since this book is a slightly modified version of the first book.

Kathy
Kristine
This was 4 short novellas. The first by Feehan it turns out I had already read and I enjoyed it. The second story by Katherine Sutcliffe was really kind of interesting but seemed more like it was a piece taken out of another story versus it's own story. That was a bit disappointing. The third by Fiona Brand was probably my favorite. Two people who fell for each other but life kept apart. Good chemistry. Eileen Wilks wrote the final story and I liked it fairly well too. It had werewolf shifters s ...more
Angela
This book is EVIL..because now I have added a whole slew of Christine Feehan's books (this story is the first in the "Drake Sisters" saga -- and it was FANTASTIC. I am already living in the Drakes world)

Katherine Sutcliffe - her story is a prequel of sorts to her book "Bad Moon Rising" which I also need to add to my wish list. sigh. It was also very good and entertaining.

Fiona Brand - her story was self-contained. An ending within itself. But her writing style is so intriguing I will be hunting
Shannon
I had a bit of trouble making myself read the stories other than Magic in the Wind but after I gave them a chance I totally got into them.

Magic in the Wind - 5 Stars - In my next life I want to be a Drake sister. Their family has so much love and support. This story was great although a bit too short for me, but then again I could read about this family for days.

Hot August Moon - 4 Stars - Very interesting. I'm a bit disappointed in the ending, perhaps I'll read the next installment, not sure.

Af
Samantha
*Review Only For the Eileen Wilks Story*

Despite this short story being listed as a prequel to the World of the Lupi series, it isn't really true. In fact, I would recommend not reading this story before reading the first book in the series, as it would just make things confusing. This is essentially a condensed version of Tempting Danger. However, there's a lot of differences in the mythology and in how Lily and Rule interact with each other that sets this clear outside of the series.
Teresa Drelick
Truly enjoyed these stories and am on the hunt for the next Christine Feehan and Eileen Wilks.
Jacquelyn
If you are a fan of any of these authors you are in for a treat. Christine Feehan give you a haunting tale that bring two lovers together in a time when their lives depends on it.
If you are weak at heart then you mighty want slip this one, Katherine Sutcliffe give you a story of a FBI profiler that is gifted on the borden line of being a curse. She is trying to stop a series killer who is targeting prostitutes. This is chilling story with a cliffhanger that leave you wanting more.

I can go on and
Nikki
I only read - only human from this book and I loved it
Theresa
Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan - What a great story. I liked the characters and the story line. I will be looking for more books by Ms. Feehan.

Hot August Moon by Sutcliffe, Katherine - I liked the story line and the whole idea of a paranormal division of the FBI.

After Midnight by Fiona Brand - Not sure why this was mixed in with paranormal stories, but it was a nice little romance.

Only Human by Eileen Wilks - One of my favorite authors. It was fun seeing how the idea of the Lupus stories
Gina
Four interesting short stories from four authors, three of them new to me. Now I have more authors to look up their books.

Katherine Sutcliffe, Fiona Brand and Eileen Wilks. All 4 were paranormal romances.

I didn't love Christine Feehan's story but that's I run with her, I like some of her stories others I don't like at all. The Dark Carpathian series didn't do anything for me, but her Leopard-people of the rainforest and Ghostwalker series I do like.

The other three were good introductions to new
Martina
Katherine Sutcliffe "Hot August Moon' and Eileen Wilks "Only Human" grabbed my attention more so than the others.
Glenda
I've only read the story Only Human by Eileen Wilks

Eileen Wilks gives us a fast pace werewolf story. Lupi seem to be behind several murders, and a detective named Lily enlists the help of a sexy Lupi named Rule to solve the case. There's Mystery, tension, love, action, and a bit of Humor. All in all I liked the story and plan on continuing the series so Tempting Danger here I come!!!
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Man of My Dreams (includes: The League, #3.5)
  • Tied with a Bow (Includes: Breeds, #25; World of the Lupi, #8.5)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse, #3.5)
  • Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2)
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #4.7)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Cravings (Undead, #1.5; Moon, #3.5)
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan has over 40 novels published, including four series. Each of her four series has hit #1 on the NY Times. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paranormal Excellence Awards in Romantic Literature for 1999. Since then she has been published by Leisure Books, Pocket Books, and currently is writing for Berkley/Jove. She also has earned 7 ...more
More about Christine Feehan...
Dark Prince (Dark, #1) Dark Desire (Dark, #2) Dark Magic (Dark #4) Dark Gold (Dark, #3) Dark Fire (Dark, #6)