Start by marking “Morse's Greatest Mystery/Service Of All The Dead” as Want to Read:
Morse's Greatest Mystery/Service Of All The Dead

Morse's Greatest Mystery/Service Of All The Dead (Inspector Morse #10.5, 4)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  2 reviews
All our books are used but in good condition. All books checked carefully for damage before listing.EXCELLENT value for money and ready for dispatch using Amazons fufillment service.We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible
Paperback
Published 2004 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about Morse's Greatest Mystery/Service Of All The Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morse's Greatest Mystery/Service Of All The Dead

Travis
Always meant to read some of the Morse stories, as they get alot of mention and there's the TV show.
Now, that I have, I'm not sure what the big deal is. Morse is a mildly interesting character and most of the mysteries are well done, but there's no real spark to it all.

The humor is dry to the point having evaporated, Morse is so low key that he makes Nero Wolfe look hyper, and the rest of the cast is mostly just flat 'types'.

Not bad, but really can't see why all the fuss is about.

Maybe, like L
Debbie

I am loving these books. Great stories. Comfort books.
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Sep 18, 2014
Karen Forte
Karen Forte marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Alicia Lee
Alicia Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Priya
Priya added it
Nov 24, 2012
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Dec 09, 2011
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2011
Norman Colin Dexter, OBE (born 29 September 1930 in Stamford, Lincolnshire) is an English crime writer, known for his Inspector Morse novels.

He started writing mysteries in 1972 during a family holiday: "We were in a little guest house halfway between Caernarfon and Pwllheli. It was a Saturday and it was raining - it's not unknown for it to rain in North Wales. The children were moaning ... I was
More about Colin Dexter...

Inspector Morse (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Last Bus to Woodstock (Inspector Morse, #1)
  • Last Seen Wearing (Inspector Morse, #2)
  • The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn (Inspector Morse, #3)
  • Service of All the Dead (Inspector Morse, #4)
  • The Dead of Jericho (Inspector Morse, #5)
  • The Riddle of the Third Mile (Inspector Morse, #6)
  • The Secret of Annexe 3 (Inspector Morse, #7)
  • The Wench Is Dead (Inspector Morse, #8)
  • The Jewel That Was Ours (Inspector Morse, #9)
  • The Way Through The Woods (Inspector Morse, #10)
Last Bus to Woodstock (Inspector Morse, #1) The Way Through The Woods (Inspector Morse, #10) Last Seen Wearing (Inspector Morse, #2) The Remorseful Day (Inspector Morse, #13) The Daughters of Cain (Inspector Morse, #11)