Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)

Mr. Bump (Mr. Men #6)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  842 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Get ready for the second invasion of Little Miss and Little Mr. Men! That's right - those zany, pint-sized characters are back. Easy enough for young readers and witty enough for adults! Mr. Bump stumbles upon the perfect job!

Published March 23rd 1998 by Price Stern Sloan (first published August 10th 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Bump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Bump

Godzilla
Kathleen Dixon
The Mr Men and Little Miss series have been around for a long time, but I never came across them when my children were young. Since that I've seen them here and there, but never read any. Today James borrowed Mr Bump from the library and we loved it. James was particularly delighted with the way Mr Bump eventually found gainful employment

As a first-time reader of any Mr Men books, I was initially surprised at the large amount of text (for the size of the book, that is) on a page, accompanied by...more
Amy....
this book is about mr bump and he bumps into eveyrthing.
its a good book cause it relates to alot of people.
Rob Towner
Yes, I read all of these as a kid. I'll be here all day folks
Lianna
oh mr. bump what trouble will you get into next
Curtis Senior
MR Bump always bumps into everything.
Jordan Rawlins
So I recently went to an art show at the Iam8bit gallery in LA, the whole show was dedicated to the Mr. Men, Little Miss, collection. The art was great, but even better, they had the whole collection of these books for sale. While scanning over these books that I hadn't read in a decade, I immediately was drawn to "Mr. Bump". I knew it was my childhood favorite, but wasn't sure why. So I bought it and re-read it. What an amazing book. SImple. Short, but for some reason, super appealing. I love t...more
Sara
Mr Bump I friendly and kind but can't help his habit of bumping into things if there is anything to bump into he will! These things make it hard to find a job but he finds one that suits him perfectly eventually.

Lee Herrington
I thought it was a bit childish.
Paul
Poor Mr Bump!

Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
C.B. Wentworth
I read the Mr. men and LIttle Miss books when I was a kid, but a recent trip to London rekindled my love of this classic series. Being an absolute klutz myself , I can relate to Mr. Bump in a number of ways. His adventures in bumping into things and accidentally breaking things gives me yet another way to have a sense of humor about my own clumsiness.
Wayne Farmer
My favourite Mr. Man when i was a child - i even had a soft toy with removable bandages that i loved!
Ben
this was written before forest gump, and the fact that the names rhyme is certainly no coincidence. unlike with gump, the success he finds through his inability is much more true to life. and yet we call mr. bump a kid's book.
melbourne
I haven't seen too many of this series here in the states but before I left England I remember absolutley loving this series. I also recall this being one of the series my mother read to me early on.
Talya
Very good story, poor Mr. Bump, bad luck he suffered but he didn't cried over the incidents that happened, he thought very wise and the result was wonderful. I like it ^_^
John
Aug 19, 2011 John rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Oh, poor Mr. Bump. He's always bumping into things and having little accidents. For instance. He bumps into a pole and walks into a large hole.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
X-man is still a little young for the moral - but loves the loud exclaims of BUMP! and CRASH! throughout this book.
Gavin
Mr. Bump is very accident prone. His dream job awaits him one day, he just has to find his path to it. Apples beware!
Kelly
Mr Bump's life is very sad because he bumps into everything. Andy laughs every time Mr. Bump knocks into another item.
Gwen
My son enjoyed me reading this book to him because like Mr. Bump my son tends to have many accidents.
These books are always fun. I enjoyed them when I was a kid and my son definitely enjoys them as well.
Danny
Oct 13, 2011 Danny rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Read at Powell's books in Portland for nostalgic purposes as I had some of these toys as a kid.
Austin
All the Mr Men books are funny. (just read it again because I liked it so much)
Jess
Great memories from my childhood. The icelandic edition is even funnier!
Conquering Dinner
A story with a nice message: everybody has a purpose.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Its about this person who always bumps into something. A.P.
Claudia
My 3 year old loves this book!
Patrick\
Fun read-aloud series - with a moral.
Jace
The first book I ever read classic
  • That's Not My Dragon... (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Meg and Mog
  • Gabby (Serendipity)
  • The Tale of Two Bad Mice
  • Jonathan Cleaned Up — Then He Heard a Sound: Or Blackberry Subway Jam
  • Clifford and the Big Parade (Clifford)
  • My Grandma Lived in Gooligulch
  • The Elephant and the Bad Baby
  • Slinky Malinki
  • Scrambled Eggs Super!
  • Mr. Archimedes' Bath
  • The Foggy, Foggy Forest
  • Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes
  • Memorial
  • Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go!
  • Where Did I Come From?
  • The Tiger Who Came to Tea
  • The Wishing-Chair Again
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et...more
More about Roger Hargreaves...
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Little Miss Bossy Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Little Miss Sunshine