Start by marking “Million Dollar Dilemma” as Want to Read:
Million Dollar Dilemma
Preview

Million Dollar Dilemma

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  353 ratings  ·  28 reviews
- Judy Baer is the launch author of Steeple Hill Cafe.
- Judy is a two-time Rita Award finalist and winner of the Angel Award.
- Judy's sassy style of writing keeps the reader engaged to the last page.
Published September 1st 2005 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Million Dollar Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Million Dollar Dilemma

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversMark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  Wood
Christian Fiction Favorites
128th out of 410 books — 326 voters
City Dog by Alison PacePug Hill by Alison PaceConfessions of a Beauty Addict by Nadine HaobshAn Ex To Grind by Jane HellerThe Week Before the Wedding by Beth Kendrick
Chick Lit with Dogs on the Cover
6th out of 50 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Lawson
I really enjoyed this book! The story follows Cassia who works in an office that is always collecting money from everyone for a baby shower, wedding shower, etc. and Cassia puts money is the envelope one week thinking it is for some sort of shower; however, it turns out it is to purchase Lottery Tickets ..... and then they have the winning ticket. As a Christian, this is a huge struggle for her as she would not support this sort of thing given that it is considered gambling.

Cassia then decides
Elizabeth
When Cassia accidentally wins the lottery, what will she do with her earnings? This is a bad, bad, BAD Christian RomCom. Cassia is totally gorgeous, but of course she doesn't know that (low self-esteem?). Cassia is better than you because she always does EVERYTHING right, she has like the ENTIRE BIBLE MEMORIZED, and the one time in the book she "sins", it is... not that bad of a sin, really. Plus the Romance involves the whole 'Good Little Girl (literally) saves the soul of the "Bad Boy" (althou ...more
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

"I'm a P.K., preacher's kid (or if I want to get fancy, a T.O., theologian's offspring). I grew up afraid of my own allowance....

So when over $20 million falls into her lap, Cassia Carr views her Midas touch as a cross, not a blessing--and certainly doesn't anticipate the difficulty of giving it all away!

And it's hard enough to gauge romantic feelings without the chaos of a major windfall. Her globetrotting neighbor, Adam Cavanaugh, seems interested--but in Cassia or her fortune?
Dymphie
Je hebt vakantie en leest dan wat stapeltjes weg.
Zo ook deze.
Een romannetje uit de christelijke hoek, met god en bijbelcitaten bijna op elke bladzij.
Een naïef goed uitziend provinciaaltje wint per ongeluk 20 miljoen. En heeft daar een groot probleem mee. Heel onrealistisch.
En een knappe donkere getroubleerde buurman... enfin.
Vroeger was het een graaf of zo, nu is het een bekende journalist.
Alles komt goed natuurlijk.
Och ja.
Stephany
Judy Baer is the best at chick-lit Christian fiction. She infuses humor, light heartedness, real issues, and faith all in one package. I really wish she had more books out because I think I've read all her chick-lit books!

This book was about Cassia, a girl who is used to living frugally and likes living frugally. She grew up as the granddaughter of a pastor who preached about it. She was working late on a Friday and one of her co-workers asked her to put $5 in the envelope on her desk. Figuring
Lonetraveller
To be honest, I had to quit reading a third of the way in, it was that bad. And it wouldn't have been if the main character hadn't insisted on acting like winning the lottery was the worst thing that could happen. How many in the world could use just a teeny bit extra to keep the rent paid, the lights on and food in their bellies and this annoying wench just complains and complains in a nauseatingly self-righteous fashion. The author using Christianity to back it up sickens me. Want to be agains ...more
Kim
This was a really good book. It was very entertaining but also had a great Christian message. It fits right into my life right now when our Sunday School lessons for the last month have been on how we use money in our lives and for God's work.

Betsy
Christian chick-lit. I love scripture in novels, but the way the author places scripture is very dull and contrived, as are the heroine's problems. The 'struggle' she goes through in the book is very unrealistic. Cassia 'accidentally' plays and wins the lottery, experiences guilt and doesn't know how to handle the money. I would much rather have had Cassia actually knowingly buy a winning lottery ticket, then be convicted about gambling.

Her love interest does the right thing for the wrong reaso
Melissa
2.5 stars--Frugal woman accidentally wins $20 million lottery. Needs to come to terms with what God wants her to do. Weird POV changes.
Julie
I couldn't get into this book. It wasn't because of the story line it was because of the scripture quotes within the text on EVERY page. No where in the book description does it mention that this is a Christian themed book. When I brought it home from the library I noticed the Christian sticker on the spine but was willing to given it a try. I have enjoyed many Christian novels before. However, I was not into the scripture passages on each page. It was a distraction and therefore, I will not be ...more
Anna Dressen
It wasn't the best book I've ever read.
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Cute
Ruth
In this book, Cassia accidentally plays the lottery along with her co-workers, and together they win about 20 million dollars (her share comes out to several million after taxes). Cassia has been raised to scrimp and save every penny, so she tries to give the money away, and in the process, falls in love with her neighbor, a world-renowned journalist.
Jennifer Fluegge
I enjoyed reading this book--the author posed an interesting dilemma for her heroine. The way she worked through the issue held my interest and was thought-provoking. Of course, in my other review of Judy Baer, I did say it was pretty light-hearted stuff, and now this book has broken that stereotype of mine!
Rachel
It's been a while since I read this--one, maybe two years--but I remember enjoying it immensely. It was funny and fast to read, but still had some meat to it. I loved how she spouts Scripture references all the time, kind of a family shorthand for her. A very enjoyable book.
Beegold
welllllll ... cute book, most unrealistic premise. But still some reason for pause over what really are good works if you have the resources. Good for those who just like fiction without chick lit baudiness.
Deborah
I thought this easy read was fun. It really hits on a modern day situation, the lottery. What would I do if I won? How would it change things for me? I really enjoyed this read!
Sandy
The first half of the book was a little bit of a struggle to keep interested but then it got my attention and couldn't put it down till the end. Lighthearted mostly, with a love story.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
this took a bit for me to get in to but once I did I enjoyed the book. I appreciate when the Christian books aren't heavy on the religion.
Sheryl
Cute story, even if pretty far fetched - what would you do if you won millions of dollars that you didn't want?
Erika
Liked the style of writing and it was a good story. I wished she would have stopped whining sooner though.
Susan
Fantastic read for anyone struggling with how to fit their Christian faith into today's insane world.
Lela
A quick read; the book is entertaining and good for a time when you don't want anything too serious.
Erin
I love Judy Baer and this unique story is definitely one of my favorites
Heidi
Made me think about what I would do in that situation....
Tiffany Golden
Quirky, witty, and an all around enjoyable book!
Courtney
it was an easy read and an entertaining book
Shannon
It was interesting and good
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2)
  • Kissing Adrien
  • Splitting Harriet
  • Dreaming in Black & White
  • Front Porch Princess
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • RV There Yet?
  • You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)
  • Sisters, Ink
  • The Breaking Point
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...
The Whitney Chronicles Norah's Ark Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3) The Baby Chronicles Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)

“Books enveloped the room floor to ceiling like wallpaper.” 2 likes