Only For Him (Only Forever, #2)

Only For Him (Only Forever #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  347 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Barnaby Lassiter has had a thing for attorney Nathan Llewellyn since he began working at the law firm of Anderson, Llewellyn, and Stevens as an administrative assistant. Too bad conservative Nathan doesn’t seem to know the flamboyant Barnaby is alive.

But a chance to take care of Nathan when he is ill leads to a date, and then so much more. Nathan continues to have doubts.

ebook
Published April 18th 2010 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about Only For Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only For Him

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
329th out of 1,702 books — 2,182 voters
Strawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonEdward Unconditionally by Lynn LorenzDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldTiming by Mary CalmesBad Boyfriend by K.A. Mitchell
Best Gay "Flamboyant" Characters
44th out of 127 books — 283 voters

More lists with this book...

Shayne
Apr 19, 2010 Shayne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: My fabulous friends
Recommended to Shayne by: I adore the author
There is nothing I can really say that our friends Ivan, Eyre and Sandy haven't already said about this book. Only for him is an addictive and quick paced read that Jack and I read straight (no pun intended...lol) through from the first word until the very last.

We loved Barnaby. His utter sweetness, intelligence, humor, sex appeal and just all around deliciousness made him a fresh and interesting hero that our Shawn writes so well. I don't know anyone who wouldn't continuously cheer him and Nat...more
Maggie
Apr 22, 2010 Maggie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All my cool friends
Recommended to Maggie by: I'll read any book of Shawn's because it's going to be awesome!
OMG! This series is going to be one of my favorite series I've read in like forever. Barnaby was the sexiest thing on two legs. He makes me wish he wasn't just a fictional character. He was totally sexy and I thought he and Mr. Straight Laced, Nathan were dreamy together. I thought this book was a fun and very sexy read with enough angst to keep it going! I can't wait to about Barnaby's brother next!
Sandy
LOVED LOVED LOVED Barnaby.
Nathan ended up on Eyre's somebody needs to be smacked shelf a few times, though.
Elisa Rolle
Like in the previous book, Only in His Dreams, Only for Him is a classic office affairs romance. And as in the best office affairs, the two men involved apparently are not good for each other, but then they are perfect, like missing pieces of a puzzle. Barnaby is a flamboyant gay man who, I think, hides his insecurities behind makeup and flashy garments; he was orphaned by mother even before he was able to remember her, and he has an estranged father. He was raised by a loving grandmother, but a...more
Serena Yates
I loved this second book of the series. Barnaby the flamboyant secretary and Nathan the shy lawyer make such an unlikely couple that I was curious how they could ever get together, never mind stay together.

Both characters were fun to watch, with lots of humorous situations at the beginning of the story. As they progressed in their relationship, it became obvious that there was an underlying emotional depth to both of them as well. The tension when obstacles started appearing held my attention. B...more
Natsroshan
Nik
OK, I think this is my fourth SL book. The premise of this book is good, which is what hooked me into buying it but, inevitably (like the past 3 books) I'm let down once I start reading. There is so much potential there but the characters aren't developed enough. They all seem very one dimensional. If just a little more time was spent on fleshing out the characters I think it would make a big difference in my enjoyment of the books. That being said, this was a sweet book with very little angst.
ElaineY
I enjoyed this, to my surprise as I did not like the previous two Shawn Lanes I read before I decided to try the Only Forever series. OFH is a light, easy read and I found myself fully invested the MC's romance. I had read Only In His Dreams (Forever #1) first and liked that, too, but Barnaby's character hadn't quite gotten under my skin yet. In Only For Him, Barnaby comes into his own very nicely and I adored him.

I'm looking forward to the next book, Only His Heart (Only Forever #3)
Brenda (b)
A great story. Barnaby was a complete darling! Most of the time, I wanted to slap Nathan up the side of his head and tell him to think before he speaks.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

I love the premise of this story because I absolutely love it when two people who work together also end up in a relationship. I found it funny that a guy like Barnaby, who's fun, sexy, outgoing and flirty, would be willing to change his appearance and personality for a guy like Nathan, who's bookish, shy and boring (as Nathan likes to think). I really liked that while Barnaby tried his hardest to relate to Nathan on Nathan's level, Nathan liked Barnaby for who he is and had no problems...more
Mammarella
This story set my teeth on edge. Nathan is not only a dork, he's slow and easily manipulated.
Barnaby is a pushy brat.
At the end of the story I got really frustrated with both of them.
(view spoiler)...more
Janna
This is Barnaby and Nathan’s story, who both work at the same law firm as Travis and Darrell from book one, Only in His Dreams. They make a very cute couple. I loved the bouncy Barnaby, who knows what he wants. I had the urge to smack Nathan a few times, but his insecurities made for good heart-wrenching moments and these were actually quite adorable as was he in all his geekiness. They seem an odd couple at first sight but in the end I believed that they were a perfect match all together.
Ami
I have read a few of Shawn Lane's stories but have yet felt fully satisfied ... until this one. This is a classic opposite attract formula that really works so well. I think it helps that Barnaby, as a character, is so adorable. Nathan, on the other hand, will need a smack at least once, for making Barnaby's heart broken. However, the ending is very sweet. I love the idea of the two of them together.
Gabbi
May 04, 2010 Gabbi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who love great man loving
I hope this series ends up in paperback. Only for him and Only in his dreams are both well rounded stories with just the right amount of light angst, chemistry between the heroes and hot sex! So far I've fallen in love with all of the heroes, but Barnaby is my favorite. I can't wait until his brother's book!
Deeze
Another sweet simple story but in places a bit repetative to the first book. I loved Barnaby and Nathan, but the quick resolve after there first night together was a liitle to fast. But overall an easy read.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Like the others in the series, cute and sexy!
Nathan was a bit hot/cold for my taste and Barnaby a bit too needy , but all in all a fun little read.
Lily

Book two in the series is another office romance this time between Nathan, one of the firm's partners, and Barnaby, the slightly flamboyant admin assistant. I liked this one quite a bit although there were a few times that I could have cheerfully smacked some sense into Nathan. Overall a sweetly romantic story with a bit of humor and it's a good continuation to the series.
Alina
I really liked Shawn Lane's office stories about Scott and Preston, so I picked up these series about another lawyer firm and I wasn't disappointed! Light and relatively low-angst story about flamboyant Barnaby and nerdy Nathan. I have to say I too didn't like Barnaby's behavior in the club and I think he was the one, who had to apologize, but still I liked it all worked out in the end.
Shelby P
I really liked Barnaby in the first book and wanted him to get his man. I was surprised by Barnaby's background and upbringing. I liked that he pursued Nathan. Sometimes you have to go for what you want. Nathan did piss me off at times but I liked how it wasn't all perfect for them. I'm enjoying this series and look forward to the next book.
Tam
Aug 31, 2011 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
This is a continuation of the stories that started with Only In His Dreams (not a horse in sight). This is Barnaby the flamingly out secretary at the law firm and dorky law partner Nathan. Barnaby's been crushing on Nathan but figures he doesn't know he's alive. Of course Nathan thinks Barnaby's too popular to notice him. When Nathan is ill Barnaby takes some files over and stays with him. They sort of start a half-assed relationship but the first morning after they sleep together Nathan says it...more
Erotic Horizon
ONLY FOR HIM is Nathan’s and Barnaby's story and the blurb does tells a good portion of the story so I wont repeat that much.

Barnaby is Nathans assistant or at least that’s what Barnaby lets Nathan think he is – when Nathan goes down ill Barnaby makes himself available to see him through this period of his life.

One thing leads to another and both men finally gets a chance to be in the same room long enough to express an interest in each other and act on it. The book moves as expected – they hook...more
Matimate
mah1
Jul 19, 2014 mah1 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
A fast paced an enjoyable romance. While the couple had problems there wasn't any needless drama.
Bb
Pretty superficial. Hard to see how they really fit together and why. Do not recommend.
Lucy
3.4 stars: I liked this story, but... something was missing.
melek
The both work in the law firm Barnaby is in love with Nathan but the way he looks is not nathan type. He ask advice from his brother changes his looks and then nathan notices him but is looks everything.
Chris
Sweet m/m romance about a slightly outrageous administrative assistant at a law firm who's really attracted to a cutely nerdy guy (one of the firm's partners).
thelastaerie
3.5 stars. Quick and fun read. There's some good humour in it and protag Barnaby is a lovely character. Good comfort read.
Lucy
The dangers of a reread. Sometimes it doesn't hold up to how good I thought it was when I was new to mm
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Second Sight
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • The Carpenter and the Fairy
  • Left of Centre
  • Letting In the Light
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Reckless Heart (Reckless, #4)
  • Discovery (Wranglers, #1)
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Heaven Sent 2 (Heaven Sent, #3 & #4)
  • Eros Rising
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
Shawn Lane writes gay erotic romances. She is published with Amber Quill, Silver Publishing, Ellora's Cave and Dreamspinner Press. She lives in Southern California and the majority of her books are set in California.
More about Shawn Lane...
Car Wash (Car Wash, #1) At Long Last (Scott and Preston, #1) Perfect Man Trust Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)