Start by marking “RIch Inside and Out: A Handbook for Life” as Want to Read:

RIch Inside and Out: A Handbook for Life

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  659 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Unabridged, 5 CDs, 7 hours

Read by TBA

The visionary entrepreneur and author of the New York Times bestseller Do You! delivers a powerful guide to true abundance.
Audio CD, 5 pages
Published December 28th 2010 by Penguin Audio (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about RIch Inside and Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about RIch Inside and Out

-follow your hearts desire
-do yoga
-meditate
-don't eat meat

All good stuff. He has some stories to back up these points of course.
Sps
Apr 06, 2014 Sps rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 200s, kindle
Russell Simmons (he of the aureole on the cover) tells it like it is, but also like it could and should be. He writes with a lot of hope for humanity, and through us, hope for all living beings and the earth itself.

While Simmons is the first to admit that the ideas in Super Rich are as old as religion, the real reason to read this book is for his amusing voice. Few people can write--and mean--lines like "If rosaries can help move me away from ego and closer to God, then I'm going to count the s
Rashaun
Don't let the title of this book fool you into thinking Russell Simmons wrote only about money and how to obtain it. In fact, don't let the title of this book trick you into thinking it has anything to do with money, because it doesn't. Super Rich is a book specifically about the quality of life on a soul and spiritual level, and knowing all the ways to increase your inner joy, finding love in anything and everything you experience. From this, it is to Russell Simmons' idea, one can truly be Sup ...more
John Hibbs
Another poorly written volume. Attempts to repackage wisdom in an urban vernacular and examples. Using rappers like 50 Cent as examples of spiritual virtue really doesn't work and I didn't buy it.
H.L. Balcomb
Aug 19, 2014 H.L. Balcomb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating little book which, in my opinion, consists of three-parts: a memoir, an instructional manual surrounding important life lessons learned by Mr. Simmons, and a Yogi-manifesto composed of a diverse selection of viewpoints/ inspirations that all fall under the theme of enhancing one's spiritual-actualization. Best of all, these three parts are interwoven randomly throughout the book, which supplies an engaging storyline for the reader.

My favorite analogy is on pages 25-27 where Mr. Si
Cheryl
Sep 05, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: african-american
I really like this book. Who knew that Uncle Russ would be so insightful. This is one of those books you can read multiple times and get something out of each reading.

In the book he states that happiness is not determined by our exterior forces (material possessions). Each person is born with happiness as our basic birthright, but it ends up being drowned out by the clutter of our material things that we think are the cause of our happiness. If I just had that new car, I'd be happy; once I buy
Marie
Feb 28, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr.Simmons discusses the connection between money and our brains. Our intentions and reasoning for wanting large amounts of money has much to do with our upbringing and our personal, current adult lives and habits. In short, he explains how money is spiritual. Many may consider that blasphemy, but it is true. When we are still enough and REALLY awake (paying attention), only then can we understand the connection between money and our sub~conscious. We, and we alone, determine what we do with mon ...more
Arthur Charles Duhamel
I just completed reading Robin Sharma's "The leader who had no title" and my only take-away from that books was that I started waking up at 5am to pray and read my holy scriptures.

For me it was almost like this book was a build on that book. I am a Christian and although Russell Simmons is on some other religious stuff, I surprise myself by being able to grasp the principles he teaches without being assimmilated into the spiritual stuff. The book is seriously enlightening for me, especially sin
Terry Koressel
Super Rich does not refer to money wealth....instead the rich to which Russell Simmons refers is a fulfilling life. Mr. Simmons in his early life was dealing drugs, doing drugs and moving down a dangerous life path. Starting with nothing he turned a hip hop music party business into one of the earliest successful hip hop record labels. But more importantly, he turned his personal life in a new direction. He embraced yoga, a vegan diet and eliminated drugs and alcohol from his life. Super Rich is ...more
Reading in Black & White
Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All is not a guide on how to attain monetary richness or steps to succeed in the music and/or fashion business as one might expect from mogul Russell Simmons. Instead this book is a guide on how to find spiritual fulfillment which in turn will pour over to the other areas in a person’s life.

Even if you as the reader does not follow Simmons preferred faith, there are still plenty of “gems” in this book that can be applied to your life without compromising your own
Brian
Dec 15, 2015 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't start reading this book with high expectations. Some recent hip hop-related books I've read, like "The 50th Law" and "Queens Reigns Supreme," were far from spiritually uplifting. "Super Rich," by hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons was a pleasant surprise.

Very little about it has to do with financial success, and that part is the shakiest in my opinion. Most of the book is about having a truly rich and blessed life. Which has to do with attitude and perspective. Including realizing how much
Briana Ford
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. The audiobook was narrated by Black Ice and he did a really good job. In true Uncle Rush fashion, it was some F bombs dropped but I wouldn't expect any less. It was spiritual without harping, and he reiterated that it wasn't just about monetary riches, but rich in all aspects of your life. It definitely hit a chord with me in the relationships area. If you're hesitant, I say just pick it up.
Richard Williams
My father has a thing for books on with guidelines to becoming someone either rich as in money or rich as in lifestyle. He gave me a whole collection of books and told me that this was his favorite and that I need to read it because it is very interesting. After reading this book I started to think deeply about my music and how I need to work hard everyday to make myself a better writer and person in general I don't only want to be good lyrically but I want to to do something with my talent. So ...more
Adrienna
I have a copy of the audioCDs and book to review. Some of the lessons or examples shared in this read, I will also share in my class. I was very pleased with "Do You," and now so far listening to audiobook in my car while driving today and getting hair done; I am pleased with his entire purpose for this book: spiritual consciousness by connecting within. He also cleverly used the title to get people to read or buy the book but what his divine purpose--to seek riches in spirit than riches of weal ...more
Lincoln
Another misleading title -- kind of. It's all about living fully. The argument seems to be that if you become rich in spirit, by being "conscious" and "compassionate," that is also likely to make you rich in money. I'm not sure I'm convinced of that, but that's OK. The author, one of the founders of the hip-hop record label Def Jam, makes an enthusiastic case for pursuing meditation and yoga as twin pillars on which to become more grounded in life, and to be able to make clearer, more effective ...more
Kya Publishing Canada
He got me! I saw the title, and of course assumed that much like his first book "Do You," that "Super Rich" would be an outlined guide to career, business, and self-empowement. I thought there would be lists, and details, and specific steps that would lead readers one step closer to millions.

But Russell Simmons is smarter than that. Smart enough to give his book an appealing title...but also rich enough to know that he's one of the best people to speak about what being "rich" really means.

Releas
Lee
Jan 04, 2015 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summary

Super Rich does not focus on Russell’s personal financial wealth but on his personal transformation through the practice of Yoga. The core message revolves around the fact that when you dedicate yourself to service and compassion (giving) rather than success and consumption (getting) and focus instead on the process rather than the results, you bring out the best in not only yourself but in the world as well.

Russell Simmons’ Super Rich shares his very personal transformation from a drug
Woody Gorfu
May 26, 2016 Woody Gorfu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very interesting book to read because it is written about a subject that the author has so much success in.A quick back story in Russel Simmons is he came from Queens which isn't the best part of town and now he is a multi millionaire that founded one of hip hops greatest labels.In this book Russel also talks about how money isn't everything and how it wont give you happiness.I recommend reading this book because of all the life lessons that I learned and as an inspiration.
Maggie
Oct 30, 2014 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't profound for me in any way but it was a good read to remind myself of those practices that I know are ones that will make my life more enriched. To read from Mr. Simmons that he practices these values in his personal and business life allows me to believe that especially in the higher levels of business there are some people who are consciously choosing to live a life closer to enlightenment. In a world that has people kicking and screaming to get to the top rung it pleases me t ...more
Anthony
Apr 17, 2011 Anthony rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is definitely more than it seems. Judging it by its title I would call it another rich guy trying to make more money by teaching other guys to be as rich as him. It's a tried and true way to get money from the consumers, and notoriety from the book its self. But this is much more than that. It's not as much abut getting money rich, in Russell Simmons new book, as it is about spiritual foundation.

In this book Russell talks about how he found himself in his life as a producer and philant
Natasha Nolan
It wasn't what I thought it would be. I thought it could help me in aspect on how to go about business opportunities. Not just on how to make money, but on how recognize an opportunity when its presented. Instead it talked about being vegan and spirtuality, thats fine and all but some people are not vegan and are into the same practices as him . It seems as though he was trying to persuade in a sense.
Димитър Трифонов
Поредното потвърждение, че материалното богатство носи само временно щастие, което не може да бъде задържано за дълго. Предполагам всеки е гледал филми като Scarface, Blow или Boogie Nights и знае какво се случва накрая... тази книга показва алтернативен път, който комбинира натрупаното богатство с вътрешен мир. Какво ни спира да се чувстваме добре тук и сега?
Edith
I was surprised by this book. I expected it to be more superficial, but Russell Simmons actually offers insight into how becoming more spiritually inclined can work in your favor when it comes to success. He goes into detail about his own experiences and how yoga and meditation changed his life.
Kris Siegel
Russell Simmons does a lot of yoga, meditates, and is a committed vegan. I love him already! His book Super Rich is very inspirational. I underlined so many quotes! Here are a few:
"Freedom and happiness are found in the flexibility and ease with which we move through change."
"Through practicing acceptance, it is possible to let go of much of the needless anger, disappointment, and regret that many of us carry through life. Through constantly wanting things to be different - our careers, our lov
Susan Thompson
Aug 19, 2014 Susan Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started this book. I guess it was more what exactly could Russell Simmons teach me about life and consciousness. Honestly, while nothing was really "new" for me in this book, it was still a different or more modern approach to the subject. I would say he did a really good job at bringing the basic message of consciousness to the mainstream. It wasn't all "Woo Woo" feeling. Which is rather refreshing. All in, I actually really enjoyed reading this book.
Timmera Raynor
May 16, 2015 Timmera Raynor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. It inspired me to start some things that I've been wanting to do for a long time. It inspired me to start meditating and practicing yoga with my daughter. I tried meditating many times before, but never felt like I was doing it correctly until I heard Russel Simmons speak about his book Success Through Stillness: Meditation Made Easy...which led me to Super Rich. I highly recommend it.
loafingcactus
This book is an absolute inspiration for communicators as an accessible, relevant take on Buddhism, in the best possible sense of those words. It is proof that "accessible" does not mean dumbed down, it means articulate.
angela gayheart
Jun 07, 2015 angela gayheart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Good read

This is an easy read to help you find a foundation for grounding yourself I feel like it really breaks these truths down into practical modern examples for the reader.
Daryl Murphy
This books puts into perspective what is really important in our lives and where our happiness comes from. Russ is really big on meditation and shares alot of insight on that in the book.
Ken Simmons II
Oct 24, 2012 Ken Simmons II rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My business partners
I got my book signed by Russell Simmons last week on 21 September 2012!

I enjoyed the book thoroughly. I like Russell's style of writing, which made it an easy read. I have recently embarked on some new entrepreneurial ventures, and it was very timely and appropriate to read this book. It was reassuring to see that I was naturally doing some of the things Russell recommends, and other things I have started doing since reading the book. Plus, I am child of the Hip-Hop generation. I was in Harlem,
BEP090P2: Character 2 6 Oct 01, 2014 01:35PM
  • A Belle in Brooklyn: Advice for Living Your Single Life and Enjoying Mr. Right Now
  • Fail Up: 20 Lessons on Building Success from Failure
  • The Wealth Cure: Putting Money in Its Place
  • Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success without Losing Your True Self
  • The Frugalista Files: How One Woman Got Out of Debt Without Giving Up the Fabulous Life
  • Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue & Profit in 3 Years or Less
  • Black Woman Redefined: Dispelling Myths and Discovering Fulfillment in the Age of Michelle Obama
  • How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey
  • PowerNomics : The National Plan to Empower Black America
  • 52 Mondays: The One Year Path to Outrageous Success & Lifelong Happiness
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in your 20'sand 30's
  • Take Back the Land: Land, Gentrification & the Umoja Village Shantytown
  • Heard It All Before
Russell Simmons is an American entrepreneur and record producer. Simmons was the former owner of the pioneering hip-hop label Def Jam, a founder of Russell Simmons Music Group, and the creator of the clothing fashion line Phat Farm and the fragrance label Atman.

Russell Simmons is the fourth richest hip hop entrepreneur, having a net-worth estimate of $340 million, behind Jay-Z ($547M), 50 Cent ($4
More about Russell Simmons...

“No matter where you're from or what you've done, you're never stuck in a particular circumstance, relationship, or cycle unless you say you are.” 38 likes