Start by marking “Where Evil Sleeps (Tamara Hayle, #3)” as Want to Read:
Where Evil Sleeps (Tamara Hayle, #3)

Where Evil Sleeps (Tamara Hayle #3)

Murder doesn't take a holiday, even as detective Tamara Hayle tries to, in this hurricane of a novel set in tropical Jamaica. Tamara is after some much-needed R and R down in sunny Kingston when she is befriended by a chatty homegirl from New Jersey. When Tamara joins her new friend and her two male companions for a night on the town, the result is murder.
Published August 27th 1996 by Putnam Adult

To ask other readers questions about Where Evil Sleeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Evil Sleeps

Tina Hayes
May 26, 2008 Tina Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Tamara Hayle is an ex-cop PI on vacation in Jamaica when she meets three people who invite her out for drinks. After the man sitting across from her gets stabbed to death in the heart, all hell breaks loose. Drug money, Jamaican gangsters, a love interest, and a cast of intriguing characters bring this romantic mystery to life. Valerie Wilson Wesley has a way with prose that is all her own, and it will keep you turning pages.
Mahoghani 23
Tamara always finds herself in predicaments without any weapon to use except her mind. Now she's in another country and has lost her passport, identification and money. Her wits and skills keeps her on her toes but whom can she trust? The cops are getting closer and she's getting hungry; for food and the truth. When you think something isn't right, nine times out of ten you need to listen to your instincts.well plotted and a good storyline. I thought for sure she was a goner with Scratch.
Tori
Jun 19, 2008 Tori rated it liked it
This book was fun and a break from my usual read. Something about a female, African American, ex-cop, single mom, P.I. makes for a fun ride. It is a "who done it" but that's really not the fun part; the fun part is following Tamara on her personal journey and how these things affect her personal life.
Lauren Murray
Jun 24, 2012 Lauren Murray rated it it was amazing
I have read all of the Tamara Hayle mysteries. I was first introduced to her by my very first supervisor after high school back in 1997. Since then I have read the entire series and I am always looking for the next one. I hope you decide to write another soon. I miss her a lot.
Tonya Bradley
Feb 02, 2012 Tonya Bradley rated it really liked it
Shelves: leisure
I am determined to finish a series that I started nearly 18 years ago. This book is a good, fast, and entertaining read.
Valerie
So out of her three books that I've read, this was my favorite.
C-shaw
Aug 31, 2013 C-shaw rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty good book about a black-chick P.I. who encounters murderers whilst on vacation in Jamaica. I enjoyed the story, even though there were some stupidities which I couldn't resist noting in the margins. (to wit: several comments were made about a woman wearing a tight red tube dress, then later she pulled some money out of her blouse; "my head knocked against my chin" - Unless her face was hinged in the middle, how??) The P.I. woman did some really stupid things and didn't act a bit ...more
Robin
Jul 07, 2014 Robin rated it it was ok
The book was too slow. And the behavior of the lead character, a former policeman, was unbelievable. I gave up after 50 pages
Malika
Aug 01, 2011 Malika rated it liked it
At the time I read this, I really enjoyed it. I thought the series was discontinued. I missed several newer books. I really enjoyed the Hayle character.
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2010
CKE387
CKE387 rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Tamara
Tamara rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Marsha Mohammed
Marsha Mohammed rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2009
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
May 27, 2008
Malinda Dean
Malinda Dean rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
Andre Henson-joyce
Andre Henson-joyce rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
CheapReader
CheapReader rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Danielle Watson
Danielle Watson rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Christine Haws
Christine Haws rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2012
Charita
Charita rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2011
Deb2readsandreads
Deb2readsandreads rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2010
Kimlechelle
Kimlechelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Nov 28, 2012
Nancy Blacksmith
Nancy Blacksmith rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
BooksnQueue
BooksnQueue rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Tdubb
Tdubb rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Blanche Passes Go
  • South by Southeast (Tennyson Hardwick, #4)
  • Inner City Blues (Charlotte Justice, #1)
  • Harlem Redux
  • Gone Fishin' (Easy Rawlins #6)
  • Singing in the Comeback Choir
  • In Firm Pursuit
  • Tempest Rising
  • Some Things I Never Thought I'd Do
  • The Secrets of Newberry
  • One Night With You
  • Good Hair
  • Ugly Ways
Valerie Wilson Wesley is an African-American author of mysteries, adult-theme novels, and children's books,[1] and a former executive editor of Essence magazine. She is the author of the Tamara Hayle mystery series. Her writings, both fiction and non-fiction, have also appeared in numerous publications, including Essence, Family Circle, TV Guide, Ms., The New York Times, and the Swiss weekly magaz ...more
More about Valerie Wilson Wesley...

Tamara Hayle (8 books)
  • When Death Comes Stealing (Tamara Hayle, #1)
  • Devil's Gonna Get Him (Tamara Hayle, #2)
  • No Hiding Place (Tamara Hayle, #4)
  • Easier to Kill (Tamara Hayle, #5)
  • The Devil Riding (Tamara Hayle, #6)
  • Dying in the Dark (Tamara Hayle, #7)
  • Of Blood and Sorrow (Tamara Hayle, #8)