Dying in the Dark (Tamara Hayle, #7)

Dying in the Dark (Tamara Hayle #7)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Valerie Wilson Wesley’s Tamara Hayle mystery series featuring Newark, New Jersey’s number one private investigator are loved for their smart, sexy protagonist who “has a way with a wisecrack that is positively lethal” (Washington Post). Now in Dying in the Dark, Hayle is entrenched in a sinister investigation that will demand her best detective work yet.

Tamara Hayle’s past...more
Published September 27th 2005 by One World/Ballantine (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dying in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying in the Dark

Makayla
Tamara Hayle's has a terrible and dangerous past that has come back to hunt her. On a mission to find the murderer of Celia Jones she starts to have terrible nightmares every night that later haunts her throughout the day. Cecil jones is on the mission also to find his mother killer, later dying by being stabbed right in his heart.
Could it possibly be the killer that killed his mom? You'll have to read the book to find out for yourself.

Tamara refuses to back away from the crime scene, because s...more
Monique
After a four-year hiatus, Tamara Hayle is back. Who is Tamara Hayle? She is a single African American mom who left the police department and started her own private investigation firm. This New Jersey native is determined to make ends meet and save the world at the same time.

Just like every other morning, Tamara is reading the newspaper when she notices a small blurb about the death of a high school friend, Celia Jones. Tamara's past flashes before her as she remembers their last encounter - a...more
Ashleigh 2010
The addiction of America contains yellow tape that says caution, mysterious murders and the thrill of finding the killer. All of this takes place on the tube of almost every American at least once a week. I found the same thrill in an urban mystery called Dying In The Dark. As much as i wanted to love this book, I was torn between liking the book and hating the book. Somethings in the book I loved , others I was very confused. The characters in the book caught my attention, they came off very d...more
Robin
I liked it. The main character is a woman private investigator. She gets involved in the murder of her ex best friend and her son. The story taked some twists and turns finding out who the killer may be. You think you know who it is many times but when you find out who it is your shocked! I liked that it wasn't too long and that it didn't draw out the story. It started off good and kept it on that path. It wasn't the greatest book i ever read but it was definitly worth the time reading it.
I thi...more
Claudia
I have read all your books but nothing hit home like your mystery books. You was put on this earth to write mysteries. I hope you continue to bless us readers with your continue mysteries. Can't wait for the next one.

I read the other reviews and they was able to solve it. I couldn't solve who the killer was. I didn't see it coming at all and it was a shocker to me. WOW!
If you reading this and you haven't got your copy today. You are missing out on a good read. So get your today!
Carla
I really enjoy Valerie's novels and this one was no exception. It is frustrating the position that Tamara puts herself into. Especially since she does not seem to get paid for her services on the more dangerous cases.
Gwendolyn Dabney
This is another Tamara Hayle Mystery, I've read and enjoyed most of the stories in this series. It held my interest throughout the book. Great read
Jimmy
In my opinion a pretty lightweight mystery. I grabbed it from the library. It was...um...ok.
Gail
I love this series!
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Sri Jackson
Sri Jackson marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sherrie
Sherrie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Stef Rozitis
Stef Rozitis is currently reading it
May 27, 2014
L.Payne
L.Payne marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Lisa Hall
Lisa Hall marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Valerie Wilson Wesley is an African-American author of mysteries, adult-theme novels, and children's books,[1] and a former executive editor of Essence magazine. She is the author of the Tamara Hayle mystery series. Her writings, both fiction and non-fiction, have also appeared in numerous publications, including Essence, Family Circle, TV Guide, Ms., The New York Times, and the Swiss weekly magaz...more
More about Valerie Wilson Wesley...
Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do When Death Comes Stealing (Tamara Hayle, #1) Devil's Gonna Get Him (Tamara Hayle, #2) Where Evil Sleeps (Tamara Hayle, #3) No Hiding Place (Tamara Hayle, #4)