Start by marking “Little Miss Splendid” as Want to Read:
Little Miss Splendid

Little Miss Splendid (Little Miss Books #11)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  341 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Miss Splendid thinks herself a thoroughly superior creature and too good for any of the earth's common things.
Unknown Binding
Published December 4th 1993 by Egmont Books (UK) (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Little Miss Splendid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Miss Splendid

Mr. Tickle by Roger HargreavesMr. Happy by Roger HargreavesMr. Bump by Roger HargreavesMr. Greedy by Roger HargreavesMr. Daydream by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men and Little Miss
54th out of 106 books — 21 voters
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakFour is a little, Four is a LOT by Cheska KomissarIf You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe NumeroffGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Books for four-year-old children
324th out of 396 books — 257 voters

More lists with this book...

Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Brandon
Mar 17, 2014 Brandon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
More like Little Miss Bitch.
Rachel
Leah
Jul 10, 2016 Leah rated it liked it
I loved these books as a kid. I read the few I still have to my nieces I wish I had more. This one is a fun little book about little miss splendid who thinks she is above everything until she is caught out in the rain and taught a little lesson by mother nature.
Elizabeth
Jan 31, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This one was one of the funnier of this series, although I'm not sure how...nice? it is
Bora
May 21, 2014 Bora added it
Shelves: reading-leaders
she was rude to others.
she thought she was the most splendid in the world.
Yanacka
Apr 03, 2015 Yanacka rated it it was ok
What a little miss Bitch...
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Kate B
Jun 02, 2015 Kate B rated it liked it
I tried to force these books on my own children as I'd loved the Mr Men books as a child and was miffed that there were no women until I was too old to want them. Maybe I just tried too hard, or maybe there are more books available to children these days than I had.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
I don't actually remember what this is about, but I do know that I called a girl I went to school with Little Miss Splendid with my family. We all still call her that 25 years later!
Christina/Sweetleaf
Apr 18, 2007 Christina/Sweetleaf rated it really liked it
I absolutely LOVED these Little Miss/Mr. books when I was small, they are just adorable! I remember collecting the books and the figurines from the Arby's happy meals, what a deal :)
Stina
Nov 29, 2015 Stina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-in-2014
Book #46 for 2014

This tiny book was really quite pointless, to the point of being annoying. At least it was short and quick, but I feel like 1 star is being generous.
Beulah
Jul 17, 2007 Beulah rated it it was amazing
I think I read every single one of these books as a youngster. They're pretty awesome. I live my life by the lessons learned in them. Mostly.
Pearlie
Apr 18, 2007 Pearlie rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet... yes. But makes a life changing point about living in glass houses...

splendid plump things shouldn't throw stones!
τλιϓλ
Jun 18, 2013 τλιϓλ rated it it was amazing
Ah, it was so hard to like this little miss, I wish if she can learn some good manners, it wont't hurt, will it?
Jessica
I get the feeling Little Miss Splendid did not learn the errors of her snooty ways.
April Thompson
Oct 06, 2013 April Thompson rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Little Miss Splendid and Naughty run a close race as to which I dislike more..
Polly
May 30, 2013 Polly rated it it was ok
I was kind of hoping Miss Splendid would learn the error of her ways!
Emma
Nov 28, 2008 Emma rated it really liked it
I give it 4 stars. My favorite part was..... I forget.
Gavin
Aug 18, 2009 Gavin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The female Mr Uppity, sort of.
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Dina
Dina rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Maeon
Maeon added it
Jul 24, 2016
Heather Connolly
Heather Connolly rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Madeline Jane
Madeline Jane marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Dani
Dani added it
Jul 14, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Jul 11, 2016
Penney
Penney rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2016
Polly Vaughan
Polly Vaughan rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2016
  • Minikin
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • Butterwings
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Little Miss Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Little Miss Bossy