Start by marking “Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)

Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic #1)

Megan Cartwright thought she had her life figured out. Her job as a waitress paid the rent and left her the free time to do as she pleased. Sure, now and again she might wish for a little excitement to liven things up. But finding a wild animal in her apartment was not what she had in mind...

Published November 24th 2004 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Believe In the Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Believe In the Magic

June Junebug
First chapter: Stalking, voyeurism, and male entitlement.

I'm not gonna go into detail because gigantic trigger warning. This might float some women's boats but, reading from a man's point of view about controlling a woman for the rest of her life without her knowledge, doesn't float mine. The sex is awesome but everything else about this book creeps me the hell out. Not worth it.
Beckey
This was almost a DFN... I pushed myself to finish... I didn't like how it started out... The synopsis seemed like this would be a good one to pick up and read but the execution of how the story was told sort of fell on what I expected. This was to me on the fence kind of story that some will like it while others like myself wont..
Ann has a dirty mouth
Feb 27, 2013 Ann has a dirty mouth rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
This book got off to a strong start, but it really started to lose me about a third of the way in. Jack was very dishonest with Megan and I didn't really feel he had a compelling reason for it. To me, that is not sexy. He was also not terribly alpha or cool to me- he was a normal suburban dude who just happened to turn into a giant cat. Don't even get me started on the random serial killer shoehorned into the story! Random murderer with a thin motive is not a substitute for a plot. I am way over ...more
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ellora-s-cave
324pgs, Ellora's Cave, Romantica

234p Megan Cartwright thought she had her life figured out. Her job as a waitress paid the rent and left her the free time to do as she pleased. Sure, now and again she might wish for a little excitement to liven things up. But finding a wild animal in her apartment was not what she had in mind 26Jack Douglass has entered his mating cycle and he can no longer ignore his body's physical and sexual demands. He needs a mate and he's come to Scotland to claim her.It s
Kelly
While I liked the idea behind this book (a shifter searching for his mate always gets me), I never really connected with either of the characters. In fact, I liked secondary character Cam's intensity more than anything and am intrigued enough that I want to know what his story is.

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 08/23/12 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Clarke
The characters were interesting and the series might get better in later books....

2 Stars. I didn't care for the book... it just felt like a really long winded short story. No depth... The series might get better in other books the characters definitely have promise of being really interesting. The bad guy angle was a little vague and week. The shifter aspect was a bit different not my favorite nor realistic.

If you like shifters, danger, mystery, and Scotland this book is for you.
Lara
Aug 12, 2013 Lara rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, 2013-tower-team
This was a pretty quick story about a shifter living in today's society looking for his mate. I liked both of them, but the story was definitely a bit fluffy. There is some drama in being watched and some attempts to kill them. The reveal for that was creepy and definitely not completely resolved. I found the friends interesting, and am hoping that they get together in a future book.

Overall, this was an easy read that kept my attention but didn't leave me wanting more.
Jadzia
Finished at last! I didn't like it. It was like meeting-instant attraction-sex-confusion-sex-a tiny little bit of talking-sex-danger-sex-escape-sex-a little of action-sex. Nothing very interesting. And the idea of mating cycle which can leave the shifter an animal forever just didn't appeal to me.
Betsy
Oct 14, 2012 Betsy rated it really liked it
I was teetering between 3 and 4 stars on this one. The story was good, though a little rushed. I had trouble connecting with Megan - but enjoyed Jack's character a lot. In all a short, sweet love story.
Stephani
Jan 17, 2013 Stephani rated it really liked it
Not a bad short book. I thought it was put together well, and well described....hee hee. Enoyed the storyline and fell in love with the characters. Had my heart racing on a few occasions....Must read and i will recommend....Wonder if there are more out there???

LE Jones
Good paranormal read

I liked this book. It's not "a classic" or anything...but it was a good read. The characters and plot were well developed. I would definitely read more by this author.
Julie
Sep 08, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-pile
I enjoyed this even when things were not explaned. Felt it was a nice start to a series and I'm interested in what happens next.
Sep 03, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
not a bad book, free on kindle. enjoyed the characters. ended a bit abruptly. good start to the series
Kathy
Aug 28, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Megan is a waitress and Jack is out to claim her!

Good read. There were a few errors in the book which made it hard to follow a few times, but I will definitely look for Cait's next book or two.
Susan Parks
Cute shifter story, hot sex, a good bit of suspense/lead characters in mortal danger, and a HEA. What more could you ask for? I'll be reading the second one.
Ashley
Nov 08, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it
I wish I could give it 3.5 stars, but I feel 3 is too low. this book had lots of potential and it would have been better if it was longer. If there is a series, I'll continue reading it.
Apr 11, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Very quick paranormal romance of the shapeshifter variety. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind reading the other books in the series.
Christy
Aug 31, 2012 Christy rated it liked it
This was a good story. I liked the characters and the plot, but it lacked the extra umph to earn more stars.
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 26, 2012 Andrea Heltsley rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed this sexy read. I love shifters and the idea of finding that one true mate. Great book:)
Crystal
Sep 26, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I enjoyed reading the first one. I hope that Jack finds his brother and that he's still alive.
Tereza Benešová
Tereza Benešová rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Kelketchum
Kelketchum rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Josette
Josette rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Daycia Leppert
Daycia Leppert rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Chrissy's Kindle
Chrissy's Kindle rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2013
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • Besieged (Vikings Underground, #1)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #1)
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)
  • Changing Times (Lusting Wild, #1)
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
  • Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, #1)
  • Zylan Captive (Zylar's Moons, #1)
  • Roped
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Jewels of the Nile I
  • Moon Lust (Moon Lust, #1)
  • That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1)
  • Awakened from Ice (Werewolf Sentinels #1)
  • Dark Moon (Moon #10; Decorah Security #1)
  • Surrounded by Woods (Woods Family, #1)
  • Kissing Phoenix (Bitten Backstage, #1)
  • Destiny by Design
Cait Miller lives on the West Coast of Scotland in the same small town where she was born. She shares her home with a large collection of dragons and a miniature Yorkshire Terrier who has convinced the postman she's a Rottweiler. Cait dreams one day of living in a castle filled with history...or at least a house with a library.

Books and writing have played a huge part in Cait's life since she was
More about Cait Miller...

Shifting Magic (3 books)
  • Finding the Magic (Shifting Magic, #2)
  • Trusting the Magic (Shifting Magic, #3)