Start by marking “Player Haters” as Want to Read:
Player Haters

Player Haters

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,089 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
"A fast-paced mix of scandal, jealousy, and wickedness." --Publishers Weekly

Carl Weber delivers the drama as only he can in this page-turning tale of the ties that bind family together--and tear them apart. . .

Trent Duncan did a good job holding his family together after his dad died. Too bad the smooth talking charmer can't do the same for himself. Trent's the ultimate pl
Published November 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published February 1st 2004)

Destiny
May 19, 2014 Destiny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious. The ending was the funniest of all. It had me hooked from page one. Trent was a womanizer. He could talk the money and underwear off of any woman. Melanie was a true friend who wanted to believe the best about everyone. Will was a loving husband whose wife was holding out on him. Besides being family, they all had one more thing in common. Either they were the player or getting played. Once you throw in the additional players, you have a great mix of love, family, friend ...more
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I discovered that I really love Carl Weber's books. I love his style, and the way he puts some much needed drama in everything he writes.
The only thing I didn't like about this book was the title. That part wasn't creative, but that's neither here nor there.

PLAYER HATERS is the story of the Duncan family. Wil, Trent and Melanie Duncan are close as siblings should be, standing by each other and helping to resolve each one's issues.

Wil loves his wife Diane, but she has been keeping a secret and tu
daquan joseph
Sep 10, 2007 daquan joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is about a "player". his girlfriend has a baby but he doesn't think its his.everyone keeps telling him its his.EVEN HIS MOTHERF.so he starts to believe its his.he goes onto this show thats something like maury and finds out the baby isn't his.
Nnenna
Jul 26, 2011 Nnenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book twice and still enjoyed it. the story line was excellent and. the drama was endless. It's usually not my type of book but nonetheless I loved it. Still debating whether I should read more of his books though...
Alexis
Apr 16, 2010 Alexis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what an absolutely amazing tale! somewhat predictable, but still a FANTABULOUS read! it was just juicy! no need for soap operas and maury when i have one of mr. weber's books:)
Corinne
I have this book, but read some time ago, but I am a fan of all of carl weber books, all of them are good.
Ferronica Rochelle
This book was very good reminded me of how trifling people can be!
Terri-Ale Sanders
Pretty good book. It needed better than I thought it would. I enjoy reading Carl Weber's books. This book was crazy. Mimi needed help her sister stepped in too late. I'm happy that she didn't hurt Diane or Will, but she end up killing herself. I'm glad that Will and Diane's marriage is doing better. Trent got what he deserved in the end. I really thought the baby was his, but he got played. Melanie finally got a good man and got rid of that trifling friend of hers.
Dalesha R
Apr 03, 2015 Dalesha R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like most of his books that I have read… I thought this book was funny on some parts. All I have to say is watch your roommate/best friend… Don't bring a cute guy around them
Sylvia
Jun 21, 2015 Sylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I loved the characters! I enjoyed this book so much and I have laughed reading books but I don't think I laughed as hard as I had at these characters. Carl Weber is an excellent writer.
Hope
Dec 18, 2015 Hope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply fantastic! Excellent writing and a good representation of black culture without being over the top.
Winter Sophia Rose
Hot & Spicy, Page Turner!
Qwenchelle Riggins
It was entertaining. But it didn't get that way really until over hundred pages into it. Of course I finished and found it to be somewhat good. Its kind of like those movies that if you see you are like that was alright, but your not gonna miss out if you didn't see it.
Thais Gisele
Awful. One of the worse books I ever EVER read. I dont know, but I think this author hates women. The women in this book are either crazy or stupid. And the men...well, I had no sympathy for any of them. Honstly, if all the characters had died I wouldnt even care.
Robin
May 02, 2008 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great! It follows a man named Trent and the people in his family. The family is strong and very tight. No matter what happens with anyone they always come out supporting each other. They even threw in a crazy girl to spice it up even more.
Melissa
Sep 08, 2008 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melissa by: My mum & sister
So far both Carl Weber books have been juicy, for lack of better words. My goodness! They are drama , but at least it's someone else's and not your own. It's like being a fly on the wall as you listen in on what his characters are going through.
Shannen
Jun 26, 2015 Shannen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book!! It had me on the edge of my seat the whole read and if a book has talking to it like I do the tv when something good happens then it is a damn good read ...looky looky, what a good booky !!!
Allison
No self-respecting author should give their own book a five. That's just wrong. When I update my review, I'll give an honest opinion about the actual book, but I was just disgusted to see that "Carl" was giving himself five stars. Sorry.
Carl Weber
Apr 25, 2011 Carl Weber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow me on Twitter. http://twitter.com/CarlWeber_UB

Connect with me on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-We...

Check out all my interviews and trailers on. http://www.youtube.com/UrbanBooks
Irion
May 18, 2012 Irion rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an good book, not his best, but it was good. It had a few twist that I figured out. All in all I would give this book 3.5
Meanna Kintaudi
This book was better than I thought it would be. It let us look into the real life of this man and his family. Interesting.
Lisa
Jul 30, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book very entertaining, Matter of fact funny but of course I enjoy Carl Webers writing,
Lord'Williams Lord'Williams
It was good. I liked the twist at the end. It didn't grab me like Married Men, but it was good.
Shonds
May 14, 2010 Shonds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good if u like drama and more drama this is the book a real page turner
Breanna Mcdade
Sep 01, 2011 Breanna Mcdade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! The plot was thick and the conlusion was breath-taking.
Tricia Fraser
Jun 26, 2010 Tricia Fraser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book but I wish there were a few more chapters to type up some loose ends.
Anthony
Nov 03, 2008 Anthony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny,witty,smart,with an ending that kept me laughing all day long.
Varrsity Varrsity
Nov 30, 2010 Varrsity Varrsity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm pretty sure we all know what it feels like to have Player Haters.
Anne Bolisay
so. I want to tell to my haters.. please wag epal.. haha..
Marcus Hines
Dec 13, 2012 Marcus Hines rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's usually not my type of book but nonetheless I liked it
  • Somebody's Gotta Be on Top (Soulmates Dissipate, #4)
  • I Say a Little Prayer
  • Naughty or Nice
  • The Best-Kept Secret (Reverend Curtis Black, #3)
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • A Sin and a Shame
Carl Weber is a New York Times and #1 Essence bestselling novelist.

In addition to his writing, Weber is the founder and publisher of Urban Books and in 2005, he was named Blackboard's Publisher of the Year. He is the owner of the Urban Knowledge chain of book stores and a past recipient of Blackboard's Bookseller of the Year award.

Weber graduated from Virginia State University and holds an MBA in