Start by marking “World's End (Dormia, #2)” as Want to Read:
World's End (Dormia, #2)

World's End (Dormia #2)

Ever since returning from Dormia, Alfonso has enjoyed sleeping in a bed like a normal person. No more waking up at the top of a tree or the edge of a cliff. In fact, no sleepwalking at all. But then, while visiting France on a class trip, Alfonso feels that strange and familiar pull of sleep. Upon waking, he finds himself in the belly of a ship headed to Egypt. In his back

Published November 15th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Books for Children (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about World's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about World's End

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Awesomest books ever
27th out of 139 books — 20 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothSilent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareInsurgent by Veronica Roth
Coolest YA Books
194th out of 325 books — 244 voters

More lists with this book...

Daniel  O
Feb 01, 2013 Daniel O rated it it was amazing
Dormia.

It's book was a really exiting book, it was a fast paced and action packed. This book was about a young boy named Alfonso who goes on a adventure to save the lost Dormian City of Jasper. This book was a suspenseful, action, and at some times mysterious and sad. Alfonso, throughout his journey, had to face many challenges, and at the end, a terrible dicision. If you enjoy a fast packed, action packed book, I would recommend that you read this.
Eric H
Nov 06, 2012 Eric H rated it it was amazing
I have currently read worlds end by Jake Halpern and Peter kujawinski this was a very suspenseful book Alfonso is on a field trip to Paris and he is pulled to Alexandria Egypt to the 3 sphinxes and to a secret dormin depot where his dad has been then his friend Bilblox comes to rescue him so they fly to the Ural mountains to find dormia but you will have to read to find out the rest!
Joshua Hatley
Dec 13, 2012 Joshua Hatley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-book-ever
I am currently reading a book called World's End by: Peter Kujawinski and Jake Halpern. (Sequel to Dormia). The main characters are: Alfonso, Bilbox, and Hill. This book is about a 15 year old boy Alfonso, who does really weird stuff in his sleep. I was surprised when GIANT ants attacked Dormia because I didn't expect them to be so big. I was exited when a blizzard hit a plane because Alfonso and Bilbox were flying around everywhere. There is no part so far in this book that I didn't like. THIS ...more
Brooke
Aug 24, 2011 Brooke rated it liked it
Well, Miles and I thoroughly enjoyed this one, but the "ending" really put us in a spot. We don't really think it's an ending. Even if there is a sequel, there was a bit too much left unresolved for us.
Sam
Mar 14, 2011 Sam rated it really liked it
About 20 pages from the end, you realize all of the threads of the story can't possibly come to a conclusion... I can't decide whether I'm happy or miffed about that. The pace of this book was definitely better than the start of the series. I hope the third book comes out soon.
Mar 02, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
I read this one for library review committee. Imaginative, action-packed, and an excellent read (discovered a few typos, though, and that's annoying).
Nick
Jan 18, 2012 Nick is currently reading it
Just pick this up, it is the sequel to Dormia. I can't wait to start it!
Caleb
Nov 16, 2016 Caleb rated it it was amazing
just like the first book, this is a masterpiece. it blends seamlessly with book 1, but all the while adds leaps and bounds to the storyline. [to read more, see my review on book 1]
Monique
Book Two down..woop woop. This Dormia trilogy is all over the place with nonstop action sequences, twists, turns and revelations in every chapter, you get the same old characters as well as a mysterious new one in Marta that was intriguing…don’t know if these books were meant to be read concurrently as you really need a break to digest all the information, remember all the secrets, legends and prophecies and as stated there is just too much going on to remember it all as you read, I found myself ...more
Alexandra
Sep 26, 2016 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
A exciting read, but also very relaxing.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Theresa L. Stowell for TeensReadToo.com

The last three years of Alfonso Perplexon's life have been quiet. In fact, his life has been almost too calm. Ever since he returned to World's End, Minnesota, from saving his father's home country of Dormia, he has been "normal."

However, that's all about to change. When a group of students from his high school visits the catacombs in Paris, his sleepwalking abilities reawaken, and he is thrust into a new mystery.

The pull of the Founding Tree fi
Beverly
Jun 25, 2011 Beverly rated it it was ok
My thoughts:
The characters are interesting, but I had a hard time investing in them because they live their lives being most productive while they are sleeping. - I have to say that my favorite ones are Alfonso and Bilblox, and of course Bilblox's wolf Korgu. Because of the whole sleeping while they work and such - the world of Dormia was hard for me to get super excited about, although I really enjoyed certain aspects of it. The authors created some amazing landscapes, animals, and history/myt
Aaron
First off, let me say that in the previous book I wasn't specifically happy with the ease and convenience of the 'sleeping state' it kind of takes all the work out of everything that requires effort. While it's fun and kind of a neat idea by the second book, it has elevated Alfonso to near god like abilities, and has become more of a dues ex machina mechanic in the book. Everything can be solved by one or more of his abilities, effectively taking any real danger or threat, other than those ...more
Lydia
Sep 16, 2013 Lydia rated it it was amazing
Alfonso Perplexon is now three years older than he was in he first in this series. On a class trip to France, he finds the sleepwalking problem he used to have has returned, with far-reaching consequences. Luckily, he still has his friends and contacts from his visit to Dormia. But, something more seems to be in the works. Could his father actually have also been a Great Sleeper? Ad could he possibly still be alive?

In this second in the series, Halpern and Kujawinski deliver even more excellent
Feb 16, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
An entertaining sequel to "Dormia," this book continues in the same vein. One of the things I like about this series in general is that it is a fantasy world set within a real area that is pretty foreign to most of us. How many of us know what hiking through the Ural Mountains would be like? Because of that, even the traveling to get to the fantasy world feels mythical.

The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it ends on a real cliffhanger note, and unfortunately there's no publicati
Kaylee
Mar 10, 2012 Kaylee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved, recomend
I have to say this wasn't as good as Dormia, but it was still very good! I guess it might be me and how I disliked that Korgu Bilblox's seeing dog would take risks and might hurt herself I just don't like to see animals hurt. But it ends at a cliffhanger!!!!!! And it will take a while for the 3rd book to come out!

But that was just my opinion. And I loved how this book is engrossing and quick paced, and yet you can follow what's happening as Alfonso finds out an emotional secret that diggs deep
Josh Montgomery
Oct 14, 2011 Josh Montgomery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I like most parts of the book because Alfonso is always in the action. One thing that surprised me is instead of Alfonso saving Somnos is he's saving the lost city of Jasber. Along the way he finds out that his dad is in grave danger, and he's the only one who can save him. Here's a shocker when he's riding on a boat he meets an old lady who is really a eight years old. She turns out to be an ageling or a girl who changes age depending on what mood their in. And together they go on a great ...more
Alden
Mar 03, 2012 Alden added it
I'm finished with the book World's End,I think this book is one of the best I've read.This is the second book in the Dormia series and so far I wonder what would happen if they hadn't let Kiril out of the prison? I'm guessing that none of this would happen and Kiril wouldn't have found Jasper. I would recommend this book to people who likes adventure.
April
Jan 03, 2011 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This is the second book about Dormia. Alfonso travels a bit more and returns to Dormia to try to find his father, who he suspects is alive. Kiril the villian in the first book returns to reek more havoc. The book ends in cliff hangers for all the main characters - Alfonso, Hill and Resuza, Bilblock. Now I wish I hadn't read it so soon, because it will be at least a year before the next one.
Susan Schroeder
Sep 27, 2011 Susan Schroeder rated it really liked it
A great read...I actually think I liked it even better than the first one! Lots of adventure and excitement with enough originality to keep my interest. I like a read that is doesn't take the cookie cutter approach, even if it does use familiar elements.
Mason Settles
Mar 12, 2014 Mason Settles rated it it was amazing
Very amazing, it enticed me with it's mystical and fantasy attributes. A very good read for those into the magical, supernatural genre.
Ms.Gaye
Feb 28, 2011 Ms.Gaye rated it really liked it
I love these stories about people who do their best thinking and work while asleep! Lots of fantasy, action and suspense, too. But...I cannot believe the cliff-hanger ending of this second book!
Valerie Mabrey
Nov 06, 2014 Valerie Mabrey rated it liked it
I actually like this book better than the first. I think, it was because I knew their characters and their individual personalities. I have already started the last book of the series.
B.
Mar 03, 2011 B. rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommended-list
Quite fun, except for the occasional moment or two. The ending is rather unexpected, too, which is nice for a change.
Haley
Jun 15, 2013 Haley rated it it was amazing
This book is so suspenseful and is full of entertaining twists. Jake Halpern is very creative. I can't wait to finish worlds end
Natalie
Jun 24, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
It was a nice follow up, but lots left open for the next book. Lost some of the intrigue of the first book.
Logan Mckay
Logan Mckay rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Hannah
Hannah rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2013
Charlie
Charlie rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Sofia Minich
Sofia Minich rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The third book? 1 2 Feb 17, 2014 04:15PM
What's The Name o...: Rainbow flower book [s] 7 41 Dec 29, 2013 11:53AM
  • Ignatius MacFarland: Frequenaut!
  • The Frost Child (The Navigator Trilogy, #3)
  • Airball: My Life in Briefs
  • My Big Mouth: 10 Songs I Wrote That Almost Got Me Killed
  • Santa Claws
  • Gryphons Aren't So Great (Adventures in Cartooning)
  • Darwen Arkwright and the Peregrine Pact (Darwen Arkwright, #1)
  • City of Ice (City Trilogy, #2)
  • Falcon Quinn and the Crimson Vapor (Falcon Quinn, #2)
  • The Society of Unrelenting Vigilance (Candle Man, #1)
  • 100% Wolf
  • Timothy and the Dragon's Gate (Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, #2)
  • Into the Woods (BIGFOOT Boy #1)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • Hide and Seek
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #2)
  • Maximum Ride Four-Book Set
  • The Mystery  (Troubletwisters, #3)

Dormia (3 books)
  • Dormia (Dormia, #1)
  • Shadow Tree (Dormia, #3)