Start by marking “Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate” as Want to Read:
Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate

Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Saturday 8th May. Emergency! It is 11:30 p.m. and I am suffering from an incredibly intense chocolate craving that will not leave me in spite of prayer, distraction activities and half a loaf of bread and butter. Got out of bed and searched the flat. No luck. Not even a bourbon biscuit. Not even a cream egg left from Easter. All the shops are closed so no nipping out to re ...more
Published January 23rd 2002 by Zondervan (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Theodora's Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theodora's Diary

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonThe Master's Plan by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
159th out of 458 books — 487 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
400th out of 1,843 books — 2,220 voters

More lists with this book...

R
Jul 30, 2007 R rated it really liked it
Very cute book! Theodora talks about her spirituality and applies it to everything going on in her life. It is amusing, light-hearted and fun!
Cheryl
Jan 09, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I was skeptical about this book--fearing it would be sort of "churchy-preachy" and not very entertaining. Wrong! It's a fun read--I actually laughed aloud in several spots and smiled quite a bit throughout. There are some very colorful characters, and the Theodora is someone you can't help but like. Four stars!
Julie
Apr 21, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it
We all need a little fluff every once and a while and some Christian fiction with a side of fluff is a nice diversion!
Maria Elmvang
A Christian "Bridget Jones" -- but much better than Bridget Jones could ever be. I greatly enjoyed it.
Chelsea V
Sep 22, 2007 Chelsea V rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: schoolyear
I loved this book. She's so funny! I wish I was friends with her.
Katie
May 14, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
Fun, light-hearted but not trashy. I loved it.
Mallory
Nov 26, 2007 Mallory rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: christian women or girls
this book made me want chocolate so bad!
Brittany Bush
Theodora is a thirty-something Christian searching for her ministry. This book follows a year in her life. Theodora is a smart, witty character who made me laugh. I especially liked the church bulletin typos and accidental puns that only Theodora seemed to notice. The secondary characters were well-developed for the most part, and I felt as if they were real people. The only character I would have liked more depth from was Theodora's obsessed-with-football (soccer) love interest, Kevin. I wasn't ...more
Mariza Magcauaus
Jun 13, 2012 Mariza Magcauaus rated it liked it
There's never a dull moment with this book and I really loved the humor. Not once did I find myself covering my face with the book at the MRT because of letting about a bahaha laughter. For the most part, the book is entertaining and a great companion to solitary moments.
Amanda
Jun 15, 2009 Amanda rated it it was ok
Interesting so far, I thought it would be like Bridget Jones Diary but it has some religious talk so I'm not sure if I'm going to finish reading it. There are 2 other books in the series though so I'm hoping they tone down the religious talk. I'll keep you posted :)
Sherri
Jun 25, 2010 Sherri added it
This book was okay for me. A bit much with the christianity in it, but I did like the some of the girl humor in it. Loved the fact that when all else fails- there is always chocolate!
Rebekkila
Jul 31, 2010 Rebekkila rated it really liked it
Very funny book about a single woman in Britian who is very active in her local church. The church bullitan is full of hilarious gaffes. I really liked this book a lot.
Lynnea
Jul 03, 2009 Lynnea rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, gave-up-on
I actually never finished this book - I just couldn't get into it. It was really quite funny in spots but there was just nothing to keep me coming back to it...
Amancay
Mar 20, 2011 Amancay rated it did not like it
I couldn't even finish it... just dragged through, and finally realized I was not liking it... so I stopped!
Karen
Jul 25, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
A Christian Bridget Jones - funny makes you smile at those Christian cliches.
Jessica Kantola
Mar 20, 2011 Jessica Kantola rated it really liked it
Very cute, very funny book. Enjoyed it very much!
Sheero
Aug 16, 2010 Sheero rated it really liked it
Penny Culliford is so witty in an endearing way...
Wendy Moyr
Dec 07, 2012 Wendy Moyr rated it it was amazing
Good fun light hearted with a Christian theme - good read
Lisa
Aug 31, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Theodora series / book one
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Shelly Shelly
Shelly Shelly marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Laura Rosin
Laura Rosin marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Rina
Rina rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Shauna Bostian
Shauna Bostian marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Mar 10, 2016
Is Kevin a Christian? 1 9 May 04, 2009 10:53AM
What next for Theodora? 1 6 May 04, 2009 10:50AM
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Dreaming in Technicolor (Phoebe Grant, #2)
  • Stranded in Paradise
  • Calm, Cool & Adjusted (Spa Girls, #3)
  • Front Porch Princess
  • Perfecting Kate
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • Chill Out, Josey! (Josey, #2)
  • Life, Libby, and the Pursuit of Happiness