Start by marking “Masters of the Wild: A Guidebook to Barbarians, Druids, and Rangers (Dungeons & Dragons Accessory)” as Want to Read:

The ultimate guide to customizing barbarians, druids, and rangers for the D&D game.

Masters of the Wild: A Guidebook to Barbarians, Druids, and Rangers contains strategies for creating specific types of characters, as well as advice for Dungeon Masters and players on how these types of characters could impact a campaign world. This volume contains details of skills, fe

Published February 1st 2002 by Wizards of the Coast (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Masters of the Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masters of the Wild

Abraham Ray
Jul 11, 2015 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
good book about 3.5 edition dnd, this book is about barbarians, druids & rangers of course!
Mike (the Paladin)
Mar 08, 2010 Mike (the Paladin) rated it it was ok
When 3rd edition came out I was involved in 2 games. One I was a player and in the other I was the DM. I was playing a ranger in the game where I was a player.

To me the outstanding feature of 3rd edition was (is) that players and get very powerful very fast. As a ranger I also found that as powerful as I was, the magic characters (wizards and sorcerers) were even more powerful. The book above is one of a set of books that are supposed to help build your character. I had this one for my characte
Jay
Jan 13, 2016 Jay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tsr-wotc, fantasy
The last book in the series, but also the best. Thrills the imagination without even playing the game. My favorite is the Oozemaster--way to think outside the box--now if we can just get Minecraft to follow suit!

This volume typifies the player bloat complaints of V3.5, but it never bothered me. Keep what you like and chuck the rest, is always good DM advice.

The art is below average, almost laughable, in a classic way. The ideas hold value beyond the edition, making this a worthy DM's reference.
Isaac Timm
Dec 16, 2013 Isaac Timm rated it did not like it
All the bad ideas of 3rd Edition in one place, uninteresting options, over-powered abilities, and strange weapons and rules. The "how to" manual to creating the perfect amoral and uninteresting ranger. But hey, the hero doesn't get the treasure first.
Matt Drozdowski
Matt Drozdowski rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2012
Paul Tisserant
Paul Tisserant rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Ron
Ron rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Perky Cecilia
Perky Cecilia rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Patricia Reiley-begay
Patricia Reiley-begay rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Rob
Rob rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2008
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
May 04, 2015
Victor Salinas
Victor Salinas rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Scott Hutchins
Scott Hutchins rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Romulo
Romulo rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
Popetom
Popetom rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2007
Feralcus
Feralcus rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Marc
Marc rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Jon
Jon rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2008
Joe Bush
Joe Bush rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2012
Jason Mitchell
Jason Mitchell rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
May 06, 2007
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2015
Tesla Ranger
Tesla Ranger rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Pottsey
Pottsey rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
BrokenMnemonic
BrokenMnemonic rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Jeremy M Hutchins
Jeremy M Hutchins rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Shawn
Shawn rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Steven Stitely
Steven Stitely rated it liked it
May 16, 2013
  • Defenders of the Faith: A Guidebook to Clerics and Paladins
  • Sword and Fist: A Guidebook to Fighters and Monks (Dungeons & Dragons Accessory)
  • Tome and Blood: A Guidebook to Wizards and Sorcerers (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.0 Fantasy Roleplaying)
  • Song and Silence: A Guidebook to Bards and Rogues
  • Manual of the Planes
  • Faiths and Pantheons (Forgotten Realms) (Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition)
  • Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerun (Dungeon & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying)
  • Arms and Equipment Guide
  • Dungeons & Dragons Supplement: Complete Adventurer (3.5 Edition)
  • Races of the Wild (Dungeons & Dragons Supplement)
  • Spell Compendium (Dungeons & Dragons v.3.5)
  • Magic of Faerûn (Forgotten Realms) (Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition)
  • Libris Mortis: The Book of the Undead (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying)
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (Forgotten Realms)
  • Monster Manual II: Dungeons & Dragons Accessory
  • Savage Species: Playing Monstrous Characters (Dungeons & Dragons Supplement)
  • Player's Guide to Faerûn (Forgotten Realms) (Dungeons & Dragons v.3.5)