Start by marking “Tyrant: King of the Bosporus (Tyrant, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tyrant: King of the Bosporus (Tyrant, #4)

Tyrant: King of the Bosporus (Tyrant #4)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  259 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Ptolemy, Antigonus, Seleucus, Cassander, Lysimachos. Once comrades, now bitter rivals, between them Alexander the Great's generals have divided the known world, and kept in a constant state of war. Now, into the midst of this deadly chess game come a brother and sister seeking a kingdom of their own. But first, they want revenge.
Published February 4th 2011 by Orion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) (first published February 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tyrant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyrant

mixal
Ok, I am done with this series for good. I really liked the first book (especially the setting) and since I love other Cameron's series I was trying really hard to like the Tyrant series, too. The main problem for me are the characters. Satyrus lacks personality, and Melitta's parts are either very boring, or annoyingly implausible. Needless to say, these are just my opinions, everyone should probably try these books for themselves, because others' reactions are very positive. For me this is 1.6 ...more
Liviu
End to end action, on sea, on land, on the steppes, with great characters and no quarter given, while the atmosphere is pitch perfect.
I am curious where the series will go next, but here we have a book that fulfills the promise of the first volume and of the preceding duology in spades.

I plan to review this (with a short discussion of previous installments) on FBc soon and will add the full review here as usual

FBC review

INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW: "Tyrant: King of the Bosporus" is the fourth book in
María Olvera
Jul 15, 2015 María Olvera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No tengo mucho que decir, lo bueno del libro fue la parte naval. Christian Cameron es fuerte en el tema, por lo que noto, y me imagino que Sátiro es tan dado a la marina por esa parte de sí mismo.
Pero bueno, hablando del libro. Los protagonistas, Sátiro y Melita, ya llevan dos libros y no acaban de gustarme. Los siento un tanto simplones en comparación con los personajes de los libros anteriores, quiero pensar que es por sus edades...aunque al final no me gustaron y punto. Y de ambos, quien meno
Jerome
Jul 21, 2015 Jerome rated it liked it
I don't know what it is about Christian Cameron. I like reading his books, he's a good novelist and he's writing about a time period that I'm currently interested in and that few have written novels about. However, he doesn't inspire me and I'm not sure why. Just like the previous three books in the series, I've enjoyed my time reaing the book and I'm glad I read it, but not once did I really look forward to picking up the book at the end of the day.
Carlton
You can't be afraid of dying if you seek a kingship or want to hold on to one. (The old version of a King, that is.)
John Warren
Sep 25, 2012 John Warren rated it really liked it
love the series of books of the tyrant series. Going to start to read the long series war tonight Mr cameron along with Mr ben kane are becoming my favs in historical fiction books. i was mostly reading civil war books non fictions but there was something missing, so i pick up mr kane book and i was hooked.
Margareth8537
This book moves between the twins as they struggle to regain their position.
There is always a lot happening, but if you have followed the series you know who is who and it is interesting to see what happens to them.
Definitely not a standalone book
Breg
Jul 22, 2013 Breg rated it liked it
Good book, great sea battles, I would have liked more of this. All characters (Slaves and Lords) have names and you can lose a little on each of them. A historical novel is difficult to write but Cameron ordered fine.
Radek.drab
Jun 24, 2014 Radek.drab rated it it was amazing
Pretty good description of naval and terrestrial battles in times of Alexander the Great.
Joel
Jul 22, 2015 Joel rated it it was amazing
Love these books
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Andrés Cruz
Andrés Cruz marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Robert Holt
Robert Holt marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Nicolas
Nicolas marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Pallas
Pallas marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Renato Dantas
Renato Dantas marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Kiah
Kiah marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Matias Salgado Lopez
Matias Salgado Lopez rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Geovanie Revolone
Geovanie Revolone marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Adriano Campos
Adriano Campos marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Matheus Matuchaki
Matheus Matuchaki marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Chris F
Chris F marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Paul
Paul added it
Jan 16, 2016
Rebeca Fernández Lara
Rebeca Fernández Lara is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2016
Ali Habib
Ali Habib marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Dave Broadbridge
Dave Broadbridge rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
PJ
PJ added it
Dec 29, 2015
Vernon Hutchings
Vernon Hutchings rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Scott Armstrong
Scott Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
  • Odin's Wolves (Raven, #3)
  • The Legate's Daughter
  • Rome: The Emperor's Spy (Rome, #1)
  • The White Raven (Oathsworn, #3)
  • Honour And The Sword (The Chevalier, #1)
  • A Place Called Armageddon
  • The Darkening Field (Captain Alexei Dimitrevich Korolev, #2)
  • Arrows of Fury (Empire, #2)
  • The Second Son (Berlin Trilogy, #3)
  • Grail Knight (The Outlaw Chronicles #5)
  • Hannibal: Enemy of Rome (Hannibal, #1)
  • Dreaming the Hound (Boudica, #3)
  • Strategos - Born in the Borderlands (Strategos, #1)
  • Empire Rising
  • Praetorian (Eagle, #11)
  • Knights of the Hawk (The Bloody Aftermath of 1066, #3)
Aka Miles Cameron. Also publishes as Gordon Kent with his father Kenneth M. Cameron.

Christian Cameron was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1962. He grew up in Rockport, Massachusetts, Iowa City, Iowa,Christian Cameron and Rochester, New York, where he attended McQuaid Jesuit High School and later graduated from the University of Rochester with a degree in history.

After the longest undergraduate
More about Christian Cameron...

Tyrant (6 books)
  • Tyrant (Tyrant, #1)
  • Tyrant: Storm of Arrows (Tyrant, #2)
  • Tyrant: Funeral Games (Tyrant, #3)
  • Tyrant: Destroyer Of Cities (Tyrant, #5)
  • Tyrant: Force of Kings (Tyrant #6)