Start by marking “?” as Want to Read:
?

?

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  11 reviews
How can I raise $5000 in a hurry? How do you sleep at night? Is it better to give than to receive? What's the secret of inner peace? In this new volume, influential art collector Charles Saatchi provides the answers to these, and over 100 more, fresh questions. Although Saatchi famously refuses to be interviewed, this new book reveals his brutally frank responses to a batt ...more
Published November 10th 2010 by Phaidon Press (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about ?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ?

Tosh
One of those non-books about an non-subject matter. One star usually means i hated it, and two stars mean I hate it but it got me thinking about stuff.

"?" by Charles Saatchi is book length (but could be read in one sitting) Q&A on various subject matters - but mostly there is an overall contempt for Rich Artists, and basically advertising wizz Saatchi can make or break an artist's career. Which I think is an overstatement. Or at the very least that's the drift from the questions. Saatchi see
Felipe Tofani
it is good to see how charles saatchi thinks about some stuff. it got me thinking about art and business but it didn't change my life or anything like that. but it is cool.
Tidar Rachmadi
I never thought that if art dealer, advertiser, husband, and father in one body could be this literally funny. His answers was unpredictable. We can see almost everything in different way using his perspective. Light, funny, and impressive. Enjoy it with orange juice!
Rainer
Thoroughly entertaining, and refreshingly different from anything else you'll ever read. The insight into a mind which has usually remained hidden from the public eye is fascinating.
Abbey
Read this tonight over a cup of tea. I would love to meet him — he is awesome.
Laura Dzelzyte
It is as cynical and vulgar as it is witty and enjoyable.
Packed with hilarious and yet sharp observations of life that only a self-aware man of experience can dish out.

The only trouble is that all the answers are not very memorable. They sort of strike you as genius at first but when you look back, on a second read Saatchi thoughts fall down on a scale of delight to 'slightly amusing' category.

"Q to Saatchi: How do you sleep a night?
A by Saatchi: I sleep the untroubled sleep of the innocent.
Ryan
Question is a sequel to I am Charles Saatchi and I am an Artoholic. In this second volume, the brash and arrogant Saatchi answers questions from readers about everything under the sun: art, advertising, religion, relationships, politics, television, cars, parties, music, and more. The answers are mostly jokey retorts to bad questions, but occasionally Saatchi's answers are quite insightful — the best ones are a mixture of both.

This book would fall flat if it wasn't written by one of the world's
Ridho Firmansyah
youre answer is smart and hilarious, mr. saatchi !
Lisa Kim
I picked this up at a museum bookstore and was halfway through before being guilted into purchasing it. saatchi's answers were reliably witty and I was entertained by the responses where he was straining to be irreverently indifferent to his detractors. he is clearly besotted with his wife without being overly effusive about it, which is a relief if you feel tepid about Nigella as I do. a fast and fun read, overall.
Tpy
kalau kau bisa memilih, mau hidup di era seni manakah? era YBA Young British Artist saatchi menjawab !! ya iya lah bray do i yang punya hajat

Kristen
Interesting read.
Rachel Brien
Rachel Brien marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Devand Saputra
Devand Saputra marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Junelle
Junelle marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Nicole Nash
Nicole Nash marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Charles Saatchi (/ˈsɑːtʃiː/; born 9 June 1943) is a British businessman and the co-founder with his brother Maurice of the advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi. The brothers led that business – the world's largest advertising agency in the 1980s – until they were forced out in 1995. In the same year, the Saatchi brothers formed a new agency called M&C Saatchi. Charles is also known as an a ...more
More about Charles Saatchi...
Be the Worst You Can Be: Life's Too Long for Patience and Virtue My Name is Charles Saatchi and I am an Artoholic Babble The Naked Eye My Name is Charles Saatchi and I am an Artoholic New Extended Edition: Questions from Journalists and Readers