Start by marking “The Peril of Magnificent Love” as Want to Read:
The Peril of Magnificent Love

The Peril of Magnificent Love

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Simple lines. Simple story. Universal appeal. It's happened before in the publishing world, and it's happened again with The Peril of Magnificent Love.

Author Bradley Trevor Greive walked into a rare-book shop in Sydney, Australia several years ago and felt like he was looking back in time. There before him was a creative force as raw, strong, and straightforward as himself
Published October 1st 2004 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Peril of Magnificent Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Peril of Magnificent Love

YA Reads Book Reviews
When I first read this book it was about a year or two ago and I was in the middle of a not very interesting class at college. A girl I knew pulled out this book saying she bought it over the weekend, and soon enough a small group of us gathered around to read what looked like a very cute picture book.

The Peril Of Magnificent Love follows a young girl named Magenta as she tries to get the attention of a three eared bunny she’s in love with. Sounds pretty sweet, no? It’s 100% sweet but it’s also
Reeka (BoundbyWords)
I picked this mini-book up from the spinner next to the cash register at work, and had NO idea what I was getting myself into as I turned the first tiny page.

The Peril of Magnificent Love was heart-achingly cute, and packs such a deep truth about the way we love as human beings. The all-encompassing, soul-destroying type of love that squeezes our heart for all it's worth. And OH MY GOODNESS those pictures, those simple, beautiful, accurate pictures, they were SO.ADORABLE. I can't gush enough abo
Margaux Laskey
soooooo good. the best gift for the recently broken up, or the one in a relationship that seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Maya Rock
I usually avoid reviewing agency clients, but I had to give Emma Magenta a thumb's up. Her drawings are wonderful and imaginative and her quest for love (which has encompassed three books now) painfully real w/o seeming cliched.
Meg2
May 27, 2007 Meg2 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: The Broken Hearts Club
This is so good for post break-up reading. Its sweet, light-hearted, charming and even, dare I say, insightful. It won't cure your broken heart, but it will help you forget, if only for a moment, how bad it hurts.
Logan
a tale about the importance of friends, being true to yourself and being wary of three-eared bunnies. Brilliantly simple artwork and exceptional use of checkmarks (you'll see!)
Esther
Sweet and delightful. Charms and warms the heart, as it resonates well with anyone who's ever felt anything for anyone.
Sara
Sep 04, 2009 Sara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
There were really big words in here, and it's not that I'm illiterate, but it made the overall moral a bit confusing.
Lovely. Cute drawings. Though it seems like a children's book, it really is for those a bit older. Made me feel!
Christie
I great book for anyone who has ever been in love or is looking for "THE love."
Randall
I liked this. Hooda thunk. Well done prose and illustrations.
Tamra
this is my bedtime story for grown-ups. it puts a smile on my face.
Betta
got me through so many tears
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Kaitlynn Harrison
Kaitlynn Harrison marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Ghatrini
Ghatrini marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Kat
Kat added it
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Emma Magenta is the illustrator of actress (and fellow Australian) Toni Collette’s picture book, PLANET YAWN. She is also the author-illustrator of three picture books for adults. ORLANDO ON A THURSDAY was inspired by the daily happenings with her two greatest loves: Orlando, her gorgeous son, and her beloved husband, Arturo Aguirre, with whom she lives in Sydney, Australia.
More about Emma Magenta...
A Gorgeous Sense of Hope: A Love Fable The Gradual Demise of Phillipa Finch The Origin of Lament Orlando on a Thursday The Peril Of Magnificent Love