Start by marking “The Peril of Magnificent Love” as Want to Read:
The Peril of Magnificent Love

The Peril of Magnificent Love

Simple lines. Simple story. Universal appeal. It's happened before in the publishing world, and it's happened again with The Peril of Magnificent Love.

Author Bradley Trevor Greive walked into a rare-book shop in Sydney, Australia several years ago and felt like he was looking back in time. There before him was a creative force as raw, strong, and straightforward as himself
Published October 1st 2004 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Peril of Magnificent Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Peril of Magnificent Love

YA Reads Book Reviews
Jul 20, 2011 YA Reads Book Reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: christina
When I first read this book it was about a year or two ago and I was in the middle of a not very interesting class at college. A girl I knew pulled out this book saying she bought it over the weekend, and soon enough a small group of us gathered around to read what looked like a very cute picture book.

The Peril Of Magnificent Love follows a young girl named Magenta as she tries to get the attention of a three eared bunny she’s in love with. Sounds pretty sweet, no? It’s 100% sweet but it’s also
Reeka (BoundbyWords)
Jan 10, 2014 Reeka (BoundbyWords) rated it it was amazing
I picked this mini-book up from the spinner next to the cash register at work, and had NO idea what I was getting myself into as I turned the first tiny page.

The Peril of Magnificent Love was heart-achingly cute, and packs such a deep truth about the way we love as human beings. The all-encompassing, soul-destroying type of love that squeezes our heart for all it's worth. And OH MY GOODNESS those pictures, those simple, beautiful, accurate pictures, they were SO.ADORABLE. I can't gush enough abo
Christina
Jul 21, 2016 Christina rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my fifteen year old daughter. She asked me what type of book is this? I replied a children's book for adults.
All I can say is Emma Magenta is a force of nature. She had a way with words and illustrations that hammer her point. The solitude and connections of relationships. The self as as an artist, woman, lover, friend. Just by the drawings one can grasp the underlying meanings. Everyone has their own experience when reading, but this book is universal. It captures what it
Margaux Laskey
Aug 28, 2008 Margaux Laskey rated it it was amazing
soooooo good. the best gift for the recently broken up, or the one in a relationship that seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Kayla
Feb 13, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing
So simple and cute, but soooooo deep. I flipped through the first few pages at a cash register and thought it sounded odd and lovely, and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing little message it held. A quick read, it probably took me ten minutes, an awesome read when you are needing a quick pick me up about life!
Rebecca Ariss
Aug 24, 2015 Rebecca Ariss rated it it was amazing
A perfect, quirky little book. I read this at a friend's house and loved it! Would make a great gift for a friend going through a breakup. I wish I'd known about this for my last breakup care package...
Maya Rock
Nov 02, 2007 Maya Rock rated it really liked it
I usually avoid reviewing agency clients, but I had to give Emma Magenta a thumb's up. Her drawings are wonderful and imaginative and her quest for love (which has encompassed three books now) painfully real w/o seeming cliched.
Meg2
May 27, 2007 Meg2 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The Broken Hearts Club
This is so good for post break-up reading. Its sweet, light-hearted, charming and even, dare I say, insightful. It won't cure your broken heart, but it will help you forget, if only for a moment, how bad it hurts.
Logan
Sep 24, 2010 Logan rated it really liked it
a tale about the importance of friends, being true to yourself and being wary of three-eared bunnies. Brilliantly simple artwork and exceptional use of checkmarks (you'll see!)
Esther
Jan 21, 2013 Esther rated it it was amazing
Sweet and delightful. Charms and warms the heart, as it resonates well with anyone who's ever felt anything for anyone.
Sara
Sep 04, 2009 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: own
There were really big words in here, and it's not that I'm illiterate, but it made the overall moral a bit confusing.
Sep 25, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Lovely. Cute drawings. Though it seems like a children's book, it really is for those a bit older. Made me feel!
Christie
Aug 14, 2007 Christie rated it liked it
I great book for anyone who has ever been in love or is looking for "THE love."
Randall
Mar 09, 2013 Randall rated it really liked it
I liked this. Hooda thunk. Well done prose and illustrations.
Tamra
Jul 28, 2008 Tamra rated it it was amazing
this is my bedtime story for grown-ups. it puts a smile on my face.
Betta
Aug 05, 2007 Betta rated it it was amazing
got me through so many tears
Anna
Apr 15, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Perfect.
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Ryx
Ryx marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Kaileigh
Kaileigh rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2016
Andy Rice
Andy Rice rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Sophie
Sophie added it
Jun 20, 2016
Yadira P.
Yadira P. marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Shona
Shona added it
Sep 05, 2016
Liara Rozsa-brown
Liara Rozsa-brown marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Melissa Macdonald
Melissa Macdonald marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Emma Magenta is the illustrator of actress (and fellow Australian) Toni Collette’s picture book, PLANET YAWN. She is also the author-illustrator of three picture books for adults. ORLANDO ON A THURSDAY was inspired by the daily happenings with her two greatest loves: Orlando, her gorgeous son, and her beloved husband, Arturo Aguirre, with whom she lives in Sydney, Australia.
More about Emma Magenta...