Forked Tongue

Forked Tongue

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Written in the blood of memories and fears and dreams, the poems in Forked Tongue will open your eyes--whether you like it or not--to the dark corners of our world and our minds. These poems are not safe. These poems are not your friend. The sinful, somber and surreal poems in Craig Sernotti's first collection will leave you feeling dirty, ashamed for wanting more.
Published March 25th 2010 by Blue Room Publishing

Joseph Gant
this review was first published by me through Outsider Writers Collective in May 2010.

If you were stuck on an island with only a copy of Forked Tongue and a very large dildo, you’d be surely fucked and soon enough dead. But before succumbing to dehydration, sunstroke, the pangs of self-buggery and eventual rot, you would have the pleasure of reading one of the better and absolutely most appropriate collections of poetry.

In Blue Room Publishing’s Forked Tongue, Craig Sernotti skirts the sentiment...more
Brian Rosenberger
With FORKED TONGUE, Craig Sernotti continues his conquest of the literate one poem at a time. He's not taking prisoners either. Craig exposes himself, he exposes us, and if that makes him a criminal then I'm a peeping pervert who can't look away. He shares his images, his dreams and for that I both pity and praise him. His landscapes are the products of an imagination that would make even the most jaded hallucinogen user envious/or mad. More jarring his poems born in the backseat, the bar, the l...more
Samantha
Jun 30, 2010 Samantha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: absolutely anyone with a taste for crude perversion
For someone that isn't as poetically precise, I was completely enamored with this book, in the only crude way one can be. This collection of poetry will leave everyone with a taste in the back of their throats. For some it's a lusting, a desire for more words, more wit at sin's sake, and for others it could be a dry disgust at the provocativeness that the words will draw out of you, nonetheless, Sernotti makes his mark on your tongue.. and you won't soon forget his words.

He writes your dreams on...more
Jay Levon
I came across this collection on accident, and I am afraid I will never recover. I couldn't find much info on the writer, but I hope another collection is coming. Speaking of coming, it is one of the hazards of reading this, spontaneous orgasm. Every reader should use caution if reading and driving, it is a hard thing to explain to the cops. This is a must read for fans of poetry and/or debauchery. Well done.
Christy Stewart
Sernotti likes to write poems about penises (specifically shaving his) and farts.

Just wanted to get that out of the way.

A good book of poetry. There are some great ideas and likes like "I don't believe in the moon." I don't either.

I'm as of yet undecided about how I feel about shaving Sernotti's penis though.
Leah
I won a copy of this book from Goodreads. Some of the poems are.. an aquired taste. More than a few made me laugh out loud. My favorites are 'Anxiety' and 'Songs of Myself' Check this book out if you like poems that are random and dirty, clever and funny.
Bianca
I'm not a poetry expert but it wasn't really a favorite of mine. To me everything was alright but I didn't find it great. For someone who is a big fan of poetry and doesn't just find it mildly interesting maybe it could be a really good read.
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2011
jeanie
jeanie marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2010
Hydefmx
Hydefmx marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2010
Ashley
Ashley is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2010
Katey
Katey marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2010
Amber Mancebo
Amber Mancebo marked it as to-read
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Carlene
Carlene marked it as to-read
Marcy Strahan
Marcy Strahan marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2010
Craig Sernotti lives and writes in New Jersey. He blogs on occasion @ a shared blogspot.
More about Craig Sernotti...
Can'tLit: Fearless Fiction from Broken Pencil Magazine New Writings in the Fantastic