Start by marking “The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife” as Want to Read:
The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife

The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife (Needed: The World's most Eligible Billionaires #1)

In his hand was a contract to prove she owed him thousands...Ilios Manos wasn't interested in Elizabeth Wareham's sob story. So what if she was broke and had nowhere to stay? He wanted his money back and his revenge, and he would exact his price from her however it suited him....

But when Ilios looked closely, he sensed Lizzie's innocence and knew he couldn't take that from
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife

Vintage
It wasn't until I hit chapter four that I thought to flip back and see who had written this little piece of floss. Yep. Penny Jordan. If she doesn't hate women she certainly hates her heroines with a passion. Inflicting pain is simply not enough; humiliation and debasement must follow.

The hero AND the heroine were without any sense of humor or personality. They never exchange any conversation, exhibit any sense of humor, show a mutual connection. The h and, yes, she deserves the lower case h lik
Fernanda
:/ wellll

super previsivel, mas teve o seu "k" de engraçado.
nada de grandes desenvolvimentos em termos de trama ou de personagens.
um ou outro momento com uma maior "introspeção" por parte dos personagens, mas acaba por não ser nada elaborado.
a noção espaço/tempo está muito "nublada" pelo que nao se percebe bem, onde e quando a ação ocorre.
mas pronto estas "historias" são isso mesmo, fáceis de ler e nao para "questionar" lol! :)

devo ser um pouco masoquista porque vou continuar a historia destas 3
Maura
thadine
Apr 08, 2012 thadine rated it liked it
Ilios Manos, the wealthy greek of the title, needs a wife to prevent his cousin Tino from claiming their ancestral home. English interior designer Elizabeth (Lizzie) Wareham has looked after her two younger sisters and her two nephews after the death of her parents six years ago. Ilios offers to ignore the debt Lizzie inadvertently owes him, as well as give her 100,000 if she agrees to marry him for as long as it takes for Tino to back off.

Ahh yes, another "Blackmailed Into Marriage" story. It n
Grace Harwood
Jan 20, 2015 Grace Harwood rated it it was amazing
This is a really modern Mills & Boon with changing attitudes clearly visible in the story. The story is as follows:

Lizzie, an interior designer, is in loads of debt but responsible for her sisters and her twin nephews. The house is about to be repossessed and they’re struggling to put food on the table. It’s all down to the credit crunch, you see, and Lizzie’s business failing during that time (who needs an interior designer when everybody’s skint?) One of Lizzie’s ex-clients can’t pay her a
I am Gamz
I love Penny Jordan's work and though this is not my favorite book, I was still a great read. Ilios was a man tormented by his childhood. He shut himself off from the world emotionally. Lizzie is the eldest of three sisters and provider for her family. Sis summoned tonGreece by Ilios because of an illegal contract by his cousin.

Lizzie is so sweet and meeting Ilios and his threats are a shock to her. She is blackmailed into marriage to a man who see her as a cheat and gold digger. Over time she
Alyssa
Oct 18, 2013 Alyssa rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
not a good book. i didn't have a problem with the writing style. what i didn't like is the story itself. the pacing of the story was very slow. i only found a few scenes in the story and only fewer interesting ones. didn't like the ending. it was rushed. so what, the guy realized his mistake so he'd just apologize and say he loves her and everything's okay after all the things he told her? also, there wasn't any REAL character development in here.
Kaycee Sapinoso
I loved Penny Jordan. I enjoyed reading some of her books. But this... I don't like it. I don't like the way the hero treated the heroine. And I don't like the heroine for allowing the hero to treat her that way. And the hero was a jerk! I can't believe that he kicked her out after knowing that she's pregnant with his child and told her that she and the baby means nothing to him. What an asshole! He's not redeemable at all.
Megan
Feb 01, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok
"Despite his repulsion for her on their first meeting, Ilios promptly decides that the most obvious thing to do in this situation is marry this stranger – oh and grab her boob. He does that too...."

Read the whole review here: http://pulpbitchin.wordpress.com/2011...
Ana
Nov 18, 2013 Ana rated it it was ok
she got pregnant, he kicks her out and than finds her and tells her: 'No, it happened because I allowed it to happen—because secretly I wanted it to happen, even if I wouldn’t let myself recognise that fact at the time. Something in me, something stronger and braver than I was, knew what I most needed'

oh please.... --*
KC
This is a decent read about the redemptive power of love. Ilios is one damaged hero, having suffered trauma in childhood. He's a bit mean to Lizzie, but despite his shortcomings she falls for him. In Lizzie's case, love is truly blind. Ilios redeems himself from being a total heel with his heartfelt and romantic declaration of love at the end. All's well that ends well...
Widala
Jun 29, 2015 Widala rated it liked it
The ending made up for the slow beginning.
Ilios' past was so tragic, so it's understandable that he turned out the way he was. Although his action towards Lizzie was sometimes cruel, but it's just a defence mechanism, didn't make it right though.
What's refreshing was how Lizzie owned her desire. I think it's very brave.
Mira
Aug 16, 2016 Mira rated it liked it
If you need a quick fix, - if you're a romance junkie - this is a good book.
Typical romance, good to read.

I read this and others like this when I am trying to clear my palette- mind's palette - before I read a book that has more depth and soul.
Ruka
Feb 20, 2016 Ruka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only read it because it's by PJ. The story line wasn't fantastic.
The H was very a**hole to the h.
FeliciaKaren
FeliciaKaren rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2014
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Linda Troutwine
Linda Troutwine rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Shaneque
Shaneque rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Renee
Renee rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2012
Carole Ann
Carole Ann rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2015
Alison Accom
Alison Accom rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Kelsey
Dec 17, 2012 Kelsey rated it it was ok
Shelves: l-amour
Not so good when I can't remember what I read.
Aizahum
Aizahum rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Noemi Aquino
Noemi Aquino rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
B
B rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Simone Stephanie
Simone Stephanie rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Saveeta Rao
Saveeta Rao rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Carmela
Carmela rated it it was ok
May 16, 2014
Kiru Taye
Kiru Taye rated it really liked it
May 15, 2011
  • Mistress Bought and Paid For
  • The Future King's Love-Child (The Royal House of Karedes #6)
  • Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded (By Royal Command, #6)
  • Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #7)
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
  • The Billionaire's Bride of Convenience
  • The Ultimate Risk
  • The Sabbides Secret Baby
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • The Italian's Ruthless Marriage Command
  • The Greek Tycoon's Convenient Wife (Harlequin Presents, #2744)
  • Bedded for Diamonds (Bennett 2)
  • Bride By Royal Appointment (The Royal House of Niroli, #7)
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • Taken For Revenge, Bedded For Pleasure
  • Virgin Bought and Paid For
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Housekeeper Mistress (At His Service, #3)
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...

Needed: The World's most Eligible Billionaires (3 books)
  • The Italian Duke's Virgin Mistress (Harlequin Presents, #2933)
  • Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance)