Guests of the Emperor: The Secret History of Japan's Mukden POW Camp

Guests of the Emperor: The Secret History of Japan's Mukden POW Camp

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The one unresolved issue of the Pacific War is the treatment of our prisoners of war, during and after World War II, both by the Japanese and by our own government. Never before in our military history have so many Americans, military and civilian, been taken captive by an enemy at one time. It was a triumph for the Japanese, and an embarrassment to our own government. Ove...more
Published June 15th 2010 by US Naval Institute Press (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Guests of the Emperor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guests of the Emperor

Barbara Lovejoy
One of the ladies at my monthly tertulia recommended this book. I had not heard of it, but the subject caught my interest. The events--tragedies of war--in this book were new to me. Yet, it is an important part of our history I need and want to know.
Rachel Willis
The history presented in this book is important and needs to be known, but the writing is biased and boring. I plan to search out better accounts of the experience of American POWs at Mukden.
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Aleksei
Aleksei marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kristia
Kristia marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Dave Beeman
Dave Beeman marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2011
Unjust Enrichment Unjust Enrichment 4000 Bowls of Rice: A Prisoner of War Comes Home Captured: The Forgotten Men of Guam