Start by marking “Pleasure Bound” as Want to Read:
Pleasure Bound

Pleasure Bound

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  459 ratings  ·  33 reviews
When Marie meets Zeke—a tattooed, motorcycle-riding bad boy with a body built for sin—she’s swept up in a torrid affair that rocks her world. He’s so different from the dependable Mr.-Nice-guy-types she’s always dated in the past—and after a few nights in his arms, she vows never to go back.

Little does she know that her best friend Ty, the quintessential Mr. Nice guy, is g
Trade Paperback, 267 pages
Published December 7th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasure Bound

Shannon (Giraffe Days)
A few years ago I read Blush by the same author, and it was quite good; this is her newest book and I thought, why not. Well, I'll tell you why not: it's bad. Really bad. Hard to believe it's her 8th novel. It reads like diarrhea all over the page. Not sexy, and very amateurish.

It begins with Marie having sex with a complete stranger by the lake on her weekend retreat, a man called Zeke who has tattoos, rides a motorbike and screams "bad boy" at her - just the type of man she's looking for, afte
Sassafrass
The review was originally done for The Romance Reviews and can be found here:

Pleasure Bound is an intensely sensual journey for three people who are exploring their personal boundaries to arrive at a pleasure that will bind them together forever. This book was so erotic and emotional that it was impossible for me to put down. I feel like I've been on a roller-coaster with twists and turns, highs and lows, and when I got to the end, I wanted to immediately
Marcella
This book was HOT...HOT...HOT! At first I thought that the book had a little too much sex and not enough story. Than I thought about the genre and said Duh what did I expect.

I'm not used to reading these types of books and wasn't sure what to expect. The sex was intense and way hot. The main reason I loved this book was for the underlying story. As unrealistic as the scenario is I couldn't help but be drawn to the 3 main characters. They were intoxicating and mesmerizing. Their strong connectio
Jessica Alcazar
The sexual content of the book was phenomenal, but the story fell short for me.
So here you have a guy, Zeke, who meets a girl, Marie, who happens to be neighbors with his ex-best friend, Ty. Alrighty then, small world but nothing wrong with that, it happens every day. What I didn't like, is that in this story, as soon as Zeke figures out who Ty is, all of a sudden he's all consumed with fixing their friendship and he never wanted it to end and he's willing to give up the best girl he's ever met
Kate
May 23, 2014 Kate rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
This honestly felt like reading someone's NaNoWriMo project. The sentence structure was choppy and perpetually short, and there was a lot of unnecessary descriptions of food, furniture, weather, &c. &c.

It was also badly paced in terms of the actual erotic content--I didn't keep, like, a count or anything, but I'm pretty confident that you couldn't go two pages without a sex scene. While yes, this is erotica, obviously there's going to be a lot of those, it was still excessive to the poin
Jessica Eck
Wow!!!... Sex sex and more sex....
Book Binge
Pleasure Bound was a frustrating book for me to read. Labelled Erotic Romance, there is an HEA, but the focus was too much on the sex so when it came time for the emotions, I didn't really believe them.

Marie has just broken up with her latest Mr. Nice Guy boyfriend and she decides she wants her next man to be a bad boy. Someone to dominate her. She meets the perfect guy in Zeke at her friend's cabin. He knows exactly how to please her and dominate her at the same time. After going out a few more
Farmers Wife
Jul 13, 2011 Farmers Wife rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: serious erotica readers
Recommended to Farmers by: kindle smut group
Shelves: smut
I have to say this book was a bit much for me. I'm not giving it a bad review in any way. It was exactly what the reviews I read on amazon said. One sold me with the detailed s-e-x scenes (chooka-chooka, bown, bown) and the other dissed it BECAUSE of the detailed and explicit s-e-x scenes.

Farmer*s Wife is thinking, "Whoop! Great erotica and smut for me!" But, about half way through I realized that this might be too much for me. A little more *spoiler alert* bondage and stuff than I am used to re
Heather  * suffering broken screen syndrome*
Warning: M/F/M, bondage, D/s, use of toys, 1 scene of playful pony play, 1 DP scene, 1 mini flogging scene and male on male interaction.

Marie goes away to a weekend retreat to rest and relax. Until she runs into Zeke and has amazing sex, so she takes him home. He is the sexy bad-boy type with a dominating personality she is coming to love. Then enter the her nieghbor/friend who they both have a secret crush on each other. Ty, the neighbor, happens to be Zeke's ex-bf from highschool.

So basic sto
10/26/12

Initial reaction after first chapter:

WTF? Damn! Girl's got guts! I would never linger after I got caught exploring my voyeuristic side. I'd be running halfway down the beach, back to my friend's cottage and avoiding my sexy neighbour for the remainder of my Labour Day weekend.

She actually takes the time to describe his cock AFTER she's caught. -le gasp-

11/10/12

My rating: 3.5 stars (yeesh, Goodreads needs half-star ratings.)

So, I'm done!

...And it really wasn't any different from Forbidde
Emily
After another failed relationship Marie finds herself drawn to the man she has just met, Zeke. Zeke is a biker, the epitome of sinful, and covered in tattoos that she finds fascinating. Not sure where the chemistry between the two is going, Marie decides to hold on for the ride as long as she can, because she has never felt this good.

Ty, Marie's best friend and neighbor, has decided she has had ample time to recover from her recent breakup and is determined to make her his. When he finds her dat
Regina
Not much in the way of character development, but it's still exciting in the sexual department. However, having been a faithful reader of O. Carew, I do feel that her erotic writing has plateaued. I mean, she can get you going and excited over the possibilities of the way her scenes play out, but then somehow they fall just short of actual satisfaction. I think she can raise the bar higher; maybe that's just because I expect more from her. I mean, she's right there! I wish she'd push it right ov ...more
Jeannie
Marie is searching for that special type of "bad boy": the bad boy who is really a good boy. In "Pleasure Bound", she discovers two potential Mr. Naughty But Nice guys - Zeke and Ty. Of course, she's going to have to try them out in every position and combination of positions possible, right? That said, expect M/F/M scenarios galore, BDSM light, plus some M/M/F action, as well. If what you're searching for in a naughty weekend read is "Fifty Shades of Gray" taken to the next level, here it is.
Ashley

As my first book I read by opal Carew, I found it to be tantalizing. But as the book wore on I got bored of the sexual aspect as I didn't like the main character, she sounded whiny and spoiled. She tried to hard to be fragile and broken, this made it less enjoyable towards the end, it could have had more development, and she could have made the main character better. It was a good read didn't take more then 4 hours but I still didn't like the girl at the end
Dee
Let's be real - the sex pretty much started on page 3, so I didn't expect much in the way of character development or plot. In that respect I wasn't disappointed. Were there a lot of sex scenes? HELL YEAH! But I liked how each one had its own flavour at least. Given I knew what I was getting into with this book, I have to say I quite enjoyed it, and whipped through it (pardon the BDSM pun ;) ) in under 4 hours. There is definitely more Opal Carew in my future.
Amy
I have never read anything by this author before, but WOW!!! Well written and just about every page hot enough to scorch your skin, this book was AMAZING! Beware: There is NOTHING appropriate for anyone under 18...and I'd dare say perhaps a little older. This book is definitely for an adult audience only. Be advised, sex scenes are explicit and contain multiple partners. Bondage/Domination/Submission/Threesomes are themes that are explored in this book.
Nicole
Even reading this strictly for the sex, because lets face it, there is no story to speak of and the writing lacks imagination, the sex gets stale and is not all that hot. Every chapter it seems has another escapade and by the end of the nearly 300 pages I felt as though I had read each sex scene at least twice. It was an ok read, very quick and easy but not good enough for me. I do not recommend this one.
Gina (bibliobuff)
More sex than story. Five pages of sex, two pages of story, five pages of sex.....and so on. Some of it was hot, most of it was skimmable. My one HUGE complaint when it comes to Carew is her overuse of "then." They did this, and then they did this, then they did this, then she did this. Incredibly annoying. But I liked the HEA and how it came about. I want a Zeke of my very own. ;)
Jenny
I've read all of Opal Carew's books and have enjoyed them all. I have to say this was not one of my favorites. I don't quite know what it was that I didn't enjoy, it just wasn't the best that's she's written. It won't stop me from reading her books but I can't say that I would recommend this one.
LaFleurBleue
I really liked the characters whose feelings seemed more real than often.
The plot was simple though nicely managed.
However very quickly the hot scenes turned very repetitive - I had the feeling to read the same one over and over again; however good, I would have preferred more variety.
Lindy
Wow... hot, hot, hot and very satisfying. I found myself feeling a bit skeptical about Zeke and Ty's Energizer Bunny capabilities, and there was a lot more sex than story development, but otherwise I've got no complaints. :) 4 1/2 stars
Chained_rose
I never knew so much sex was possible!!! Not much of a story but hot hot scenes! I wish I were even half way as flexible to achieve the positions Ty, Zeke and Marie managed!!!!
S.J. Cairns
I actually loved this book until closer to the end were the males relationship becomes sexual. It wasn't written horribly, I adored the characters, but it's just not my thing.
Charlene
Absolutely loved this book. It was my first m/m read and I didn't think I would like it, but it was so well written I couldn't help but like it.
Anna
Marie & Zeke & Ty - started out good then became too much
It was hard for me, I didn't like or feel the romance between
the two men
Angie
Opal Carew does it again and never ceases to amaze me with her views on many types of relationships~
Fay Ann Hollcroft

Not really into BDSM, reading or in life, but somehow I enjoyed this book greatly.
Helen
A great erotic novel!! This is the best one I have read by her so far.
Vicky Pridemore
Very SEXUAL... Not so much of a story..But Sexy Hot..
Jayne
Lots of sex. No real story line.
  • The Satin Sash
  • Forgotten Family (Circle of Three, #4)
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • Belonging to the Steer Brothers (Cape Falls #2)
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Italian Stallions
  • Something More
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Wicked Hot
  • Tequila Truth (Black and White Collection, #2)
  • Janie (Baumgartners, #3)
  • Some Like It Rough
  • Love's Fortress (Brothers in Arms, #7)
  • Past Midnight (DeKnight, #1)
  • Double Dare
  • Cowboy Sandwich (Cowboy Sandwich #1)
  • Sexy Beast VII (Sexy Beast #7)
  • Wicked (Dungeon #3)
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...