Start by marking “Cat in a Topaz Tango: A Midnight Louie Mystery” as Want to Read:
Cat in a Topaz Tango: A Midnight Louie Mystery

Cat in a Topaz Tango: A Midnight Louie Mystery (Midnight Louie #21)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Temple Barr and Matt Devine make a cozy engaged couple, and the feisty redhead is all for her handsome radio host fiance staring in a week-long televised Las Vegas charity event, "Dancing with the Celebs." But while ex-priest Matt struggles to master the sexy moves of the tango, a killer stalks the dance floor. Not only is Matt in danger, but so is the lovely tween Mariah, ...more
Published June 29th 2010 by Forge Books (first published August 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cat in a Topaz Tango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat in a Topaz Tango

Susan Ferguson
I read another one of these several years back and didn't much care for it - but I really liked this one.
Midnight Louie is a PI cat who looks after his human, Temple Barr, whether she realizes it or not and keeps ehr safe when she snoops around about stuff. Temple has a new beau, Matt Devine, a late-night radio advise host. Temple pesuades him to be in a dance show for charity. He is struggling with the tango and other dances - being an ex-priest some of the moves really bother him.
Mariah, the d
Lisa King
Temple Barr resurrects her Zoe Chole persona (really don't like her) to help Lieutenant Molina find her missing daughter. Matt Devine is roped into a celebrity reality dance contest where they find Mariah, said missing daughter. The contestants are being sabotaged one by one and it's up to Midnight Louie to save the day.

This is the first novel that doesn't have a murder and the first one where I wish I could see a video, especially of Matt's hot Latin dances. All in all, not bad but not good ei
Terry
What a hoot Midnight Louis is. Don't start with this one. It's the most recent in an alphabetical series that starts with Catnap, Pussyfoot, and then begins the alphabet with Blue Monday. Louis is a savvy, Damon Runyon quipping PI who operates in the background to help his roomie, Miss Temple, Barr get out of the various pickles she succeeds in getting herself into. By all means, start with Catnap. These are light reads but delightful when you don't want to slog through depressing stuff.
Sharon M Kelly
Apr 15, 2010 Sharon M Kelly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far this is the first book by this author. Its a laugh out loud kind of book. "Zoe Chloe" is a riot, and I'm loving "Midnight Louie"!

I've ordered DANCING WITH WEREWOLVES and VAMPIRE SUNRISE by Carole Nelson Douglas from the NY Library, but cannot find a copy of the second installment BRIMSTONE KISS. Would anybody out there want to loan me their copy!?! Never hurts to ask.
Janet
For the first time, I found myself reluctant to pick this book up. The last entry took a pretty bizarre turn for Max, and I wasn’t looking forward to reading more about his mindless trek through Switzerland. Boy, was I in for a surprise! Fast-paced as ever, this was another wonderful entry in the series.
Joslins
This was a pretty good entry in the series but I'm beginning to think that the series is dragging on too long, things/characters are just getting too scattered. I do like that the story is current even though not that much time has passed in the characters' lives from when the series started.
Janet Hay
Couldn't get into the book and gave up.
Melissa
Better than some- I enjoyed the descriptions of the dances. Did think they danced too well for the amount of practice and the fact that it was 2 amateur beginners dancing with each other. Dancing with the stars has a pro in each pair.
Teresa
Barbara Holland
I like this whole series about the cat Midnight Louie who lives in Las Vegas. I think the books need to be read in order to follow the complicating turns in the lives of the various characters.
Talietha
Loved this new addition to the series. ahhh Zoe Chloe is such a wild child... Matt had better look out.
The tension between Molina & Nadir whoo..
Can't wait to read the next one.
Mary Newcomb
This series is becoming quite insular. Are there really no other people in Vegas who can solve a mystery? And can anyone actually be dead who is supposed to be?

Roy Weiler
A fast read. I love Midnight Louie and all the people in his life. Missed Midnight Louise. Perhaps she will be in the next Midnight Louie book I read.
Debra
I just loved how Louie was in the thick of things as Temple's totable tom cat and I am so happy that mystifying Max is so out of the picture...
Beverly
Something like number 14 in this series. Enjoyable very light read, this one set at a reality show type latin dance contest.
Anne-Kathrine
Note 2
Another good book in the series. Never get tired of hearing about Temple's and Midnight Louie's adventures :)
Caroline
I always enjoy the Midnight Louie books! I love Carole's writing - in this and her pararnormal series too!
Loraine
Midnight Louis and Temple Barr once again make a great mystery solving duo.
Gloria
Dancing has never been more dangerous and fun!
carolyn
couldn't even finish it
Pat
Midnight Louie
Nikki Riley
Nikki Riley is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2014
Karen GoatKeeper
Karen GoatKeeper is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2014
Silvana Kasinski
Silvana Kasinski marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
  • Cat To The Dogs (Joe Grey #5)
  • Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery, #1)
  • The Cat, the Vagabond and the Victim (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #6)
  • Get Fluffy (Pampered Pets Mystery #2)
  • File M for Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #3)
  • Hiss of Death (Mrs. Murphy, #19)
  • The Wolfe Widow (Book Collector Mystery #3)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 25-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole's noir ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...
Good Night, Mr. Holmes (Irene Adler, #1) Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1) Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1) Six of Swords Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)