Start by marking “Cat in a Topaz Tango: A Midnight Louie Mystery” as Want to Read:
Cat in a Topaz Tango: A Midnight Louie Mystery

Cat in a Topaz Tango: A Midnight Louie Mystery (Midnight Louie #21)

Temple Barr and Matt Devine make a cozy engaged couple, and the feisty redhead is all for her handsome radio host fiance staring in a week-long televised Las Vegas charity event, "Dancing with the Celebs." But while ex-priest Matt struggles to master the sexy moves of the tango, a killer stalks the dance floor. Not only is Matt in danger, but so is the lovely tween Mariah, ...more
Published June 29th 2010 by Forge Books (first published August 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cat in a Topaz Tango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat in a Topaz Tango

Karen GoatKeeper
Dec 13, 2014 Karen GoatKeeper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2014
This my second Midnight Louie book. This tomcat grows on you.
The book is slow to start. This is a series following the same characters so the beginning chapters have a lot of back story in them.
Once the story itself gets going, the book is a fun read. It has lots of play between various characters. The characters are diverse so their viewpoints and motivations bring up many ideas. Two are Molina, in the Las Vegas police force, a dedicated detective and single mother and Rafir, once Molina's husb
Susan Ferguson
Mar 14, 2012 Susan Ferguson rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2012
I read another one of these several years back and didn't much care for it - but I really liked this one.
Midnight Louie is a PI cat who looks after his human, Temple Barr, whether she realizes it or not and keeps ehr safe when she snoops around about stuff. Temple has a new beau, Matt Devine, a late-night radio advise host. Temple pesuades him to be in a dance show for charity. He is struggling with the tango and other dances - being an ex-priest some of the moves really bother him.
Mariah, the d
Lisa King
Temple Barr resurrects her Zoe Chole persona (really don't like her) to help Lieutenant Molina find her missing daughter. Matt Devine is roped into a celebrity reality dance contest where they find Mariah, said missing daughter. The contestants are being sabotaged one by one and it's up to Midnight Louie to save the day.

This is the first novel that doesn't have a murder and the first one where I wish I could see a video, especially of Matt's hot Latin dances. All in all, not bad but not good ei
Terry
Oct 27, 2009 Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a hoot Midnight Louis is. Don't start with this one. It's the most recent in an alphabetical series that starts with Catnap, Pussyfoot, and then begins the alphabet with Blue Monday. Louis is a savvy, Damon Runyon quipping PI who operates in the background to help his roomie, Miss Temple, Barr get out of the various pickles she succeeds in getting herself into. By all means, start with Catnap. These are light reads but delightful when you don't want to slog through depressing stuff.
Janet Windeguth
For the first time, I found myself reluctant to pick this book up. The last entry took a pretty bizarre turn for Max, and I wasn’t looking forward to reading more about his mindless trek through Switzerland. Boy, was I in for a surprise! Fast-paced as ever, this was another wonderful entry in the series.
Sharon M Kelly
Apr 15, 2010 Sharon M Kelly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far this is the first book by this author. Its a laugh out loud kind of book. "Zoe Chloe" is a riot, and I'm loving "Midnight Louie"!

I've ordered DANCING WITH WEREWOLVES and VAMPIRE SUNRISE by Carole Nelson Douglas from the NY Library, but cannot find a copy of the second installment BRIMSTONE KISS. Would anybody out there want to loan me their copy!?! Never hurts to ask.
Lisa
Sep 24, 2016 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately this is a DNF for me. As much as I wanted to see more of Midnighyt Louie, I despised the conversations of Temple and didn't like the style. Others may like this series but not for me. No thanks.
Teresa
Jun 29, 2013 Teresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joslins
This was a pretty good entry in the series but I'm beginning to think that the series is dragging on too long, things/characters are just getting too scattered. I do like that the story is current even though not that much time has passed in the characters' lives from when the series started.
Melissa
Better than some- I enjoyed the descriptions of the dances. Did think they danced too well for the amount of practice and the fact that it was 2 amateur beginners dancing with each other. Dancing with the stars has a pro in each pair.
Anne-Kathrine
Note 2
Another good book in the series. Never get tired of hearing about Temple's and Midnight Louie's adventures :)
Pat
Midnight Louie
Andree
Aug 09, 2013 Andree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best of the series but still good
Beverly
Oct 10, 2010 Beverly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Something like number 14 in this series. Enjoyable very light read, this one set at a reality show type latin dance contest.
Debra
Nov 05, 2012 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just loved how Louie was in the thick of things as Temple's totable tom cat and I am so happy that mystifying Max is so out of the picture...
Talietha
Loved this new addition to the series. ahhh Zoe Chloe is such a wild child... Matt had better look out.
The tension between Molina & Nadir whoo..
Can't wait to read the next one.
Mary Newcomb
This series is becoming quite insular. Are there really no other people in Vegas who can solve a mystery? And can anyone actually be dead who is supposed to be?

Janet Hay
Aug 06, 2014 Janet Hay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into the book and gave up.
Roy Weiler
Oct 23, 2012 Roy Weiler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast read. I love Midnight Louie and all the people in his life. Missed Midnight Louise. Perhaps she will be in the next Midnight Louie book I read.
Caroline
Jun 22, 2011 Caroline rated it really liked it
I always enjoy the Midnight Louie books! I love Carole's writing - in this and her pararnormal series too!
Barbara Holland
I like this whole series about the cat Midnight Louie who lives in Las Vegas. I think the books need to be read in order to follow the complicating turns in the lives of the various characters.
Loraine
Jan 04, 2010 Loraine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Midnight Louis and Temple Barr once again make a great mystery solving duo.
carolyn
couldn't even finish it
Bonnie Carruth
Bonnie Carruth rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Allanna
Allanna rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2009
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2011
Hilde
Hilde rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Donna Rowe
Donna Rowe rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Cat Spitting Mad (Joe Grey, #6)
  • Catch as Cat Can  (Mrs. Murphy, #10)
  • File M for Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #3)
  • Murder Most Fowl (Sibyl Potts #2)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty-three award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 28-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole' ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Midnight Louie (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1)
  • Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)
  • Cat on a Blue Monday (Midnight Louie, #3)
  • Cat in a Crimson Haze (Midnight Louie, #4)
  • Cat in a Diamond Dazzle (Midnight Louie, #5)
  • Cat with an Emerald Eye (Midnight Louie, #6)
  • Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7)
  • Cat in a Golden Garland (Midnight Louie, #8)
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Cat in an Indigo Mood (Midnight Louie, #10)