Start by marking “Lessons from the Mouse” as Want to Read:
Lessons from the Mouse

Lessons from the Mouse

What can you learn from a mouse? When that mouse has been delighting and entertaining hundreds of millions of people for decades - it turns out there is plenty to learn. Dennis Snow's Lessons From the Mouse provides ten no-nonsense, practical principles that anyone, anywhere can apply. He entertains while he educates with chapters like 'What Time is the 3:00 Parade?' Is No ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by DC Press

To ask other readers questions about Lessons from the Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons from the Mouse

Jim Bouchard
Dec 08, 2010 Jim Bouchard rated it it was amazing
I'm not in the habit of saying you should only have one book on a particular subject. There are hundreds of incredible books on customer service. Put me in the proverbial "desert island" situation with one customer service book and I'll take the "Mouse!"

Dennis Snow has crafted a clear, concise approach to customer service that can be installed in any business culture whether you're a solopreneur and you are your customer service department or you're running a major corporation. He's got the cre
Marc Bowers
Apr 15, 2011 Marc Bowers rated it it was amazing
When you talk about companies who lead the customer service revolution, Disney is normally at the top. Since Dennis Snow worked there, he now provides the top ten tips that can be applied to your life and how to make customer service a priority at your company.

What's great is how Dennis breaks down each tip and shows how they can be applied to your life or business. Then at the end, he asks several questions on how each tip can be implemented into your company.
Heather C
Nov 05, 2014 Heather C rated it it was amazing
Excellent customer service book. This isn't a long book. Take the time to read it. There are some very valid "lessons" in here. Dennis Snow is also an excellent speaker.
Anne
Dec 31, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've rated this book with 5 stars because it's a book anyone would benefit from reading. I liked reading about the author's various experiences he had while working for Disney. There are so many companies that should have their employees, managers, and executives read this book.
Joanna
Apr 08, 2015 Joanna rated it really liked it
Wonderful! A must-read for your employees! It's a short and enjoyable book, with stories from Disneyland and other customer service examples. It nails it. I especially enjoyed the onstage/backstage examples (don't bring "backstage, "onstage" (boxes left in the storefront, employee personal conversations in public areas, etc). -Because it's all about customer experience. As well: the "there are no stupid questions" explanation was great. Ie: don't make anyone feel stupid for a question they ask ( ...more
John Terreri
May 01, 2015 John Terreri rated it liked it
I was recently awarded a trip to Disney for performance and a copy of this book was placed in my room at the Disney Yacht and Beach Club. This is a quick read with many common sense principles for those in a service type industry. I wish I would have read this book prior to my trip since there was a lot of information that would have made my days at the theme parks much more enjoyable. The Fast Pass was one of the greatest things Disney could have ever invented to enhance the customer experience ...more
David
Nov 06, 2012 David rated it liked it
A quick read with insights into the Disney method of customer service. Well structured, common sense lessons from the context of the Magic Kingdom. I've heard about the "Disney" success method for more than 25 years, and none can deny they have a great thing going. But this is one of several books about Disney's method of success, and I'd like to hear examples of where these lessons have been applied outside of the Magic Kingdom?
Randall
Nov 29, 2014 Randall rated it liked it
A basic look at providing exemplary customer service; but isn't that what good customer service is; attention to detail, following the basics? Snow reminds us of that and stresses the importance of incorporating it not only everyday but with every opportunity, a philosophy that is easier to talk about and harder to deliver. A good refresher and good for an introspective look at your operation and career.
Maren
Nov 14, 2013 Maren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really enlightens the reader with ways to be great in customer service and make sure that you are doing what it takes to keep that customer loyalty. The concepts really apply to any job whether it be teacher, CEO, nurse, and even a parent. I would recommend this book to anyone who has personal, face to face contact with anyone for any reason.
Deborah Martinez
Jun 03, 2016 Deborah Martinez rated it liked it
A basic look at providing good customer service. The book was well written and entertaining, but meant for people who are just starting their careers. It would make a good graduation present for college grads.
Amber
May 17, 2014 Amber rated it really liked it
This was a quick, fun read. I learned some interesting tidbits about what it's like to work behind the scenes at DisneyWorld, plus I got some good inspirational ideas for my work/career. And it made me reflect a lot on customer loyalty!
Echo
Aug 17, 2014 Echo rated it it was ok
Cute at moments. Inspirational, if you have never really thought about what customer service means.
A quick read that I would recommend if you are beginning to feel cynical or bitter in your customer focused workplace.
Dale Stringer
Aug 15, 2011 Dale Stringer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is common sense stuff, that is no longer common. The goal of EVERY business or entity should be to follow these 10 powerful lessons from the mouse.

It's a quick easy to read and apply book. A must for anyone wanting to excel in their career.
Paige
May 06, 2014 Paige rated it really liked it
As far as business books go, this one is pretty remedial. But the messages are beneficial, the examples are accessible and the writing is engaging. A good option for customer facing people to read for inspiration and to stay fresh.
Joe
Aug 26, 2014 Joe rated it liked it
These are some great ideas about work. I wish all employees and employers would live up to these ideals. However, we live in a world with too much cynicism, selfishness, and laziness. The examples are fairly slef-explanatory, but the writing wasn't super gripping.
Clay Craig
Aug 04, 2014 Clay Craig rated it really liked it
I was asked to read this book for work. Dennis Snow is presenting at our opening school meeting. I really enjoyed the book. It was a quick read but had a lot of valuable lessons for being successful in any career.
Amanda
Feb 14, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I love this book, it is very well written and very helpful. It helps to read this book one chapter at a time as it is one that you need time to digest the chapter lessons and it is written in a manner that lends itself to exactly that style of reading.
Nancy
Jun 25, 2014 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent easy read. Love the principles in this book that make so much sense and can be used in any service organization.
Nick
Mar 06, 2015 Nick rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Fast read that has great tips about how Disney is doing it right. Very similar to "The How of Wow."

NR
Frederick
Frederick rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Deb Wright
Deb Wright rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
Lucy Hollander
Lucy Hollander rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Brenda J
Brenda J rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Barry Papa
Barry Papa rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2017
  • Rapunzel's Daughters and Other Tales
  • Questions for the Movie Answer Man
  • 500 Essential Graphic Novels
  • Secret of the Scarab
  • Sleep Is for the Weak: The Best of the Mommybloggers Including Amalah, Finslippy, Fussy, Woulda Coulda Shoulda, Mom-101, and More! (BlogHer Books)
  • The Strings of the Violin (The Hadariah Chronicles #1)
  • Once More, From the Beginning
  • The Time Heiress (The Time Heiress, #2)
  • Walt Disney World Hidden History: Remnants of Former Attractions and Other Tributes
  • Walt Disney's Legends of Imagineering and the Genesis of the Disney Theme Park
  • Baby Sign Language Basics: Early Communication for Hearing Babies and Toddlers
  • Mother Shock: Loving Every (Other) Minute of It