Start by marking “The Broken Circle (A Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
The Broken Circle (A Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham Mystery #4)

The Broken Circle (A Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham Mystery #4)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In the quiet Lancashire village that is home to forensic psychologist Jill Kennedy, the wealthy new owner of nearby Kelton Manor is found dead in the woods. Local residents are wary of newcomers; Jack Taylor, a man who regularly walks his dog near to where the man’s body is found, seems especially determined to hinder the investigation.

As Jill and her sometime lover and co
Published March 1st 2010 by Soho Constable

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Circle

Dan
Having finished the series of 4 (if there are more, I didn't know and doubt that I'd read them anyway), I came to thinking that these are simply quick, easy reads that require no thinking and don't challenge your brain in the slightest. If that's what you look for, then it's not a bad set, as they are actually pleasurable reads, they just don't get me thinking which is what I like a 'mystery' to do.
The series, unlike the main characters may suggest, don't do very much investigating and there is
Nikki
Quite a few twists and turns in this book - I kept thinking I knew whodunnit then was not so sure. Kept me guessing until the end which is always a good thing. I have not read the earlier Jill and Max stories (although I plan to now) but I really enjoyed their relationship throughout the story, though it doesn't distract from the main storyline. This book is easy bedtime reading (not so scary as to give you nightmares) and gives the traditional quaint British countryside village mystery an edge ...more
Pam
Another really great book by Shirley Wells, I just couldn't put it down, as always great characters and a brilliant story line.
Mike Gabor
The new owner of Kelton Manor is found dead in the woods. DCI Max Trentham and Jill Kennedy are on the case. The victim was a newcomer and not well liked by the villagers. Not much is being learned by Max and Jill and one man,Jack Taylor,seems to be delibrately difficult.

This is the fourth book in this series. The author again does a wonderful job of describing village life in England. The plot is well thought out and the ending somewhat surprising.
Julie
I'm not sure why Goodreads doesn't recognize this author or her mystery series as it is very good. This is the newest installment. I highly recommend it.
Anita
this book was ok. may have been better if I had read the previous as there were references. good twists and turns though
Tanya
A little slow but it made you keep on reading to see who the killer was. Definitely didn't expect the ending.

Karen
Shirley Wells has delivered the goods as usual!
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Lianne Bloomfield
Lianne Bloomfield marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Veronica
Veronica is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
William F Sullivan
William F Sullivan marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Delores Alger
Delores Alger marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Jill Burkinshaw
Jill Burkinshaw marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Jul 01, 2014
Jude Wilshaw
Jude Wilshaw marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Jun 13, 2014
Allison Tolhurst
Allison Tolhurst marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Presumed Dead (A Dylan Scott Mystery #1) Into the Shadows (A Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham Mystery #1) Dead Silent (A Dylan Scott Mystery #2) A Darker Side (A Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham Mystery #2) Silent Witness (A Dylan Scott Mystery #3)