Start by marking “College Weekend” as Want to Read:
College Weekend

College Weekend (Fear Street #32)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,482 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Nothing can ruin Tina River’s big weekend at Patterson College with her boyfriend, Josh. She’s so excited, she doesn’t even mind that her cousin, Holly, will be tagging along.

But when Tina and Holly arrive, Josh is gone. His roommate, Christopher, says Josh is stuck in the mountains, delayed by car trouble. That’s weird—Josh never mentioned he was going away.

It gets even
Published June 30th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about College Weekend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about College Weekend

Elizabeth
Jun 20, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
So I used to be obsessed with RL Stine, and I remember sitting in my mom's walk in closet at night reading his books and being terrified. I was probably about 9 then, but I remember thinking they were THE scariest things. Being reminded of them the other day, I decided to pick up a couple from the library. My library didn't have any Fear Streets, so I even went as far as to get an interlibrary loan because I wanted to read them so bad.

Ugh... yeah. They were much better back then. Of course that
Reviews of  A Shameless Fangirl
This is literally the weirdest book ever and yet, I remember being completely sucked in.

Tina is so excited to visit her boyfriend at college for the weekend that when she discovers he's not there, she is thoroughly disappointed. His roommate assured her that he just got delayed up int he mountains. (which seems like a weird place to be during the week when you have, oh I don't know, college classes to attend?

But whatever, at first she doesn't question it, since the roommate doesn't seem that c
Meilin Caceres
Nov 12, 2012 Meilin Caceres rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
i think it was a good story cause it was interesting and fun trying to find out about whats going to happen next.
Shannon
Melanie
Mar 25, 2009 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a great book i would recomend this book to ant one tht ilikes scary books. well actually i would recomend all the R.L. Stein books to anyone tht likes scary books!!!!!
Mia
Nov 07, 2013 Mia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, horror
You're boyfriend and cousin are missing, the guy you're hanging out with is kind of a stalker, and instead of going to the police you go to a carnival? Really?
Alex
Even though I remembered the big twist, I still had a blast rereading this book. It doesn't have the awful repetitive writing that many other Fear Street books suffer from, and it's definitely one of the better ones in the series.

(view spoiler)
Ashleigh
Oct 23, 2012 Ashleigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english356-1-12
Tina Rivers has a whole weekend with her boyfriend to look forward to. Too bad her mom’s making her younger cousin tag along. When Tina gets to the train station to be picked up by her boyfriend his roommate, Christopher, is there instead. He says Josh, Tina’s boyfriend, went on a last minute hike in the mountains. Josh never said anything about that to Tina. Then her cousin disappears, and Tina has no clue what is happening and keeps asking Christopher questions. Tina gets more answers than she ...more
Robin
Sharmili
Jun 02, 2009 Sharmili rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love thriller books
"College Weekend" is a book full of mysteries.Tina was excited to meet her boyfriend,Josh at the train station.Holly,Tina's cousin also wanted to come along.When Tina and holly arrived at the train station,Josh was nowhere to be seen.Tina started to get worried.Josh did not even give her a call.Sooner or later,Josh's friend,Chris came and told Tina that Josh's car was stuck on the mountains.Tina was confused.But she went with Chris. in his car to the the place they will be staying.Soon many weir ...more
Tina
Sep 17, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
War mein erstes Buch, das mich "gruseln" sollte und da war es Ironie des Schicksals, dass mich genau das Buch interessierte, in dem die Hauptfigur auch Tina heißt. Hat mir jedenfalls damals sehr gut gefallen. Ist aber definitiv mehr an Jüngere gerichtet, weiß nicht, ob ich heute noch mal eins von der Reihe lesen würde...
Margaret Du
Feb 01, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful young girl goes to visit her boyfriend but when he is not there, his friends seek to look after her until his return. But, not surprisingly, all is not as it seems. I really enjoyed this one, it is spooky and full of moments that keep you guessing.
Ashley Riggs
Jan 06, 2016 Ashley Riggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jinbin
Jun 08, 2008 Jinbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: advisory-books
Tina is going to visit her boyfriend, Josh, at his college with her cousin Holly. However, she did not see Josh when she arrived at the station, but Josh's roommate Chris was there. It happened that Josh's car is stuck in the mountains, but weird things start to happen. Holly is missing, and Tina start to sense something around here is wrong, with Chris.

I knew that Chris must be the "wrong" guy who is doing something weird when I was reading the book. There are hints that Chris know something is
Martina Makek
Also meh but creepy in the wrong way. Not particullarly well written, even for a Stine book
Priscilla Sage
I own it but it's missing do to my resent move.
Tiffy Boom
First R.L Stine book I read where things end on a bummer note
Lilly Zheng
Jun 10, 2013 Lilly Zheng rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tina Rivers has a whole weekend with her boyfriend to look forward to. Sadly, her mom makes her bring her younger cousin. While Tina is waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up, he doesn't show up instead his roommate Christopher does.When they get to the cabin Josh is no where in sight. When night falls her cousin disappears. Reading this book was so thrilling because Tina didn't know what was going on, neither did I. R.L Stine writes so well that you won't even know who is behind everything un ...more
Christine
I thought that this book was okay. I noticed that the author drags on the dramatic feeling with a few ending scenes of "ooh, ahhs"
I couldn't really tell the message from this story. It's basically a novel that you can really try and picture. Since this book is made to be scary and eerie, the visual I see in my head, is sort of dark, I can't really picture a good visual since the author doesn't have good descriptions.
Sena
Jul 22, 2012 Sena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I'm in the process of moving, I was looking for a simple read that didn't require me to do a lot of thinking...this book did just the trick. It reminded me of why I loved R.L. Stine so much as a kid. He's always had a way of drawing the reader in and making you want to know what happens next. Great read that allowed for me to have a few hours of complete relaxation time. :-)
Drucilla
Jan 09, 2012 Drucilla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fear-street
This entry in the Fear Street series does a great job of playing off of the feeling you get when you're in alien surroundings. The main character, Tina, is cut off from anything familiar and everyone has felt that at least once and the plot keeps you guessing as to who's involved with what's going on.
Amanda
This book has a weird ending.

I really liked this book. It had good plot twists, and a lot of the charecters died (which always make the books better right?) I think teens girls would like this book. I liked the twist ending on this book as with all R.L.Stine Fear Street books. This is a good book.
Geetika
Nov 08, 2009 Geetika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dipita das
Recommended to Geetika by: rachel my new bff
Shelves:
i read it from a friend . well there was a girl name bacher she dicied it for a battle of the books she maded to a compatioton ann said she like to be in it but one thing bacher said you have to read 50 books on the coolage weekend for one month now she lost 50 of the books will she find it......
Penny Welter
May 04, 2015 Penny Welter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.L. Stine's writing keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. It's a fast read and keeps you interested. The Fear Street books are great. If you're looking for a short suspense book that will keep you interested, look no further.
Anthony
When I read this book, it really got my attention. And after we finished the book my english teacher said we dont know for sure if Judy actually died, or how josh died as well and how he got killed.
Mary
I thought that this book was okay. I noticed that there are many Oooohs and Ahhhs. this is one of another terrifying horror book about highschool teenagers. i love R.L STINE books ! =D
Nadia Sonia
Dec 27, 2013 Nadia Sonia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
LAME, funny how i didn't think that way in the 90's
Tia
Aug 09, 2013 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Fearstreet books, but this wasn't the greatest. Not enough really happened in this book. And it ended kind of abruptly. It was also sad.
Jaime
Apr 12, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
  • Fatal Bargain (Vampire's Promise, #3)
  • Last Act
  • For the Love of Ryan (Sweet Valley University, #21)
  • Monster (Nightmare Hall, #13)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)