Start by marking “A Gorgeous Sense of Hope: A Love Fable” as Want to Read:
A Gorgeous Sense of Hope: A Love Fable

A Gorgeous Sense of Hope: A Love Fable

She became a cartographer of the heart.

In A Gorgeous Sense of Hope, a girl finds herself in possession of "a relationship of considerable consequence" that slowly loses its spark. Determined to save her love, she sets out on a love expedition, where she learns that the road to love can be rocky and full of twists and turns, but if we have the courage to stick with it, or p
Published November 1st 2006 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Gorgeous Sense of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gorgeous Sense of Hope

Libby
Jul 19, 2011 Libby rated it really liked it
Shelves: enlightened, odd
A lovely quirky tale of love and relationships with an enlightened ending. Loved the sweet illustrations and funnily enough my favorite part of the book was the back cover author blurb;

"Emma Magenta won a drawing competition at the age of nine and based on this accomplishment alone she has been calling herself an artist since.

She also wrote her first poem about an autumn leaf the same year and put it to music...thankfully no one heard it.

Even though she has a deep love of humans, in a utopian
Margaux Laskey
Jul 08, 2008 Margaux Laskey rated it really liked it
another excellent one by emma magenta. lovely, twisted little illustrations, and teeny tiny profound statements. i keep it by my bed.
Nadia
Literalmente "it was okay".

A un libro así se me hace muy raro/díficil darle un rating. Pensé que la historia me iba a gustar/sorprender más, pero no.

Sí me gustaron las ilustraciones.

"She realized the only guarantee of having the love she wanted was to create the map for it herself."
Gina
May 06, 2007 Gina rated it really liked it
You know, I have a hard time with triumphant books about lessons on life and love and blah blah blah, but this book is awesome. The illustrations really make it. It would be great to be better at drawing, huh? Yeah, I should work on that. If I were to get a tattoo, I would seriously consider Emma Magenta's illustration of an old man doing the moonwalk as potential source material.
Millicent
Sep 24, 2009 Millicent rated it it was amazing
A Gorgeous Sense of Hope is yet another wonderful work by Emma Magenta. Using her simplistically styled illustrations, Magenta takes us through a story about love, it's troubles, and finding what it takes to overcome these hurdles.

It's definitely a cute little read to have sitting handy on the bookcase for if you ever need a pick-me-up.
Logan
Sep 16, 2010 Logan rated it it was amazing
This book is less than 100 lines long yet it sincerely and poetically says so much. Whimsical and beautifully illustrated.
-j.
-j. rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
Autumn
Autumn rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Aini
Aini rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Evangeline Reyes
Evangeline Reyes rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2007
Jack
Jack rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Abby
Abby rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2008
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Ninik
Ninik rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2008
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2008
Aja
Aja rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2010
Jolie Adam
Jolie Adam rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2014
Carly
Carly rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Roselyyyyn
Roselyyyyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Shauna
Shauna rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Julissa
Julissa rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Meaghan
Meaghan rated it really liked it
May 16, 2012
Hanna Rose
Hanna Rose rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2012
tee
tee rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »
Emma Magenta is the illustrator of actress (and fellow Australian) Toni Collette’s picture book, PLANET YAWN. She is also the author-illustrator of three picture books for adults. ORLANDO ON A THURSDAY was inspired by the daily happenings with her two greatest loves: Orlando, her gorgeous son, and her beloved husband, Arturo Aguirre, with whom she lives in Sydney, Australia.
More about Emma Magenta...