Start by marking “The Adventure at Simba Hill (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Adventure at Simba Hill (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #3)

The Adventure at Simba Hill (Kari + Lucas Mysteries #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Best friends Kari and Lucas are thrilled to go on safari in Africa. They're fascinated by the lions, giraffes, and zebras. Even more intriguing to Kari is the cave where her uncle and other archaeologists have discovered artwork from thousands of years ago. But when some of the ancient artifacts are stolen, Kari and Lucas are thrust into an art mystery as compelling as any ...more
Published March 3rd 2011 by Viking Juvenile (first published February 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventure at Simba Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventure at Simba Hill

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterDead Reckoning by Charlaine HarrisClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareAngel by James Patterson
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2011
237th out of 625 books — 1,840 voters
The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott LynchThe Thief by Megan Whalen TurnerThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienArtemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Thieves
284th out of 424 books — 838 voters

More lists with this book...

Kaye
Another mystery for friends Lucas and Kari. This time they are in Africa. Loved the description of animals safaris and learning about archeology. These two girls are like an internationally traveling Nancy Drew. Can't wait for their next adventure. 10 and up.
Robert Kent
For those of you who don’t already know, Kari and Lucas are two fourteen-year-old girls who trot the globe solving mysteries, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that their next leap will be the leap—never mind. But extra nerd points if you know that reference:) Kari is Batman to Lucas’s Robin and they never actually seek out mysteries. They just sort of find themselves in the right exotic location at the right time to become entangled in a new international mystery. ...more
Emmet O'Neal Library- Children's Department
“The Adventure at Simba Hill” is the third book in the Kari and Lucas Mystery Series and it doesn't disappoint. The girls travel to Africa for an archeologist expedition, days of safaris, and taking in the local culture and customs. While in Africa, the girls stumble onto a mystery of stolen artifacts and are compelled to solve it when someone they are close with is accused of the crime.

If you haven’t read these books, you really should. Kari and Lucas are great girls. Throughout the series, the
Amy
I loved this book, Adventure at Simba Hill especially because I read the whole series, and I finally got to read this one. I love how the main characters, Kari and Lucas, always try to solve a mystery when they are just teenagers. In this book, they try to find out who stole the precious artifacts from the archeology site. I love how Kari and Lucas are always traveling places like for this book, they're traveling to Africa where they describe all these animals they see. This book keeps you readi ...more
Michelle
Appropriate for: age 12+
You will like this book if you like: Mysteries, animals, books geared towards tweens

I liked this book, but it was a bit young even for me. I think 11 & 12 year old girls would love it! There were some discrepancies (loopholes) in it and after about halfway through the author stopped caring about grammar.
M.
A series book, in the Kari and Lucas Mysteries, but it doesn't feel like a series. In a way it's remarkable in its integration of the exotic setting of Kenya safari country with a mystery.

Kari's Uncle Geoff is an archeologist in Kenya. He's invited Kari and her friend Lucas to come from Minnesota to Africa to see his dig. They go. And they find a mystery--who has been illegally taking artifacts from another part of Uncle Geoff's dig and selling them on the black market?

The people of Kenya are p
Shiela
I can’t praise Runholt’s books enough! She has a way of placing the reader in the moment with the girls no matter where in the world they are and this third book in the Kari and Lucas series is no exception. This time, Runholt takes us into the African wilderness where Kari and Lucas stumble upon a ring of thieves stealing priceless artifacts from an ancient archaeological dig. Readers get a great taste of Kenya as the girls travel from one place to another in search of clues to further their in ...more
Heather
Recommended for fans of the Kari & Lucas mysteries as well as fans of Michael Beil's Red Blazer Girls series (and vice versa - Beil's fans should also like Ms. Runholt's books.) The book concluded a little too quickly for me, but I enjoyed watching Kari & Lucas uncover the clues and enjoy a new culture.
Dakota
Another great Kari and Lukas Mystery book
Patty Fares
I've been on a Kenyan safari several times & feel Susan really nailed the excitement of seeing wild animals for the first time and the culture of the Maasai. The adventure between Kari & Lucas is a bonus to her very real portrayal of an African safari.
Elizabeth
Jun 03, 2011 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Susan's a neighbor. Need to read one of her books. This one recommended on MPR
Johnny Bennett
The third book in the series continues to entertain. My only disappointment is that the characters don't seem to have aged or developed much over the three books. Still the plot was entertaining if a little simple. An enjoyable read all around.
Vicki ~ no time to read
I really liked this book, well developed clues, setting and plot. There was less action, I think, in this one than in the other two, but it was still great. Nice to read about something that Kari was so passionate about!
Olivia
This was my favorite of the growing series. Especily because the girls are in and exploring Africa, while in school I am studing Africa. So I can follow along with all the safari stuff.
Andréa
This one is good, and includes great details of Africa, but I preferred the mysteries of the first two books in the series.
Hoover Public Library Kids and Teens
Another solid addition to the Kari & Lucas series. This time, the well-traveled teen sleuths are in Kenya!
PWRL
Jan 24, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Opal Florey
Opal Florey marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Zhen-zhen Ni
Zhen-zhen Ni marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Kalynn
Kalynn marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Anika Schmid
Anika Schmid marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Mystery of the Third Lucretia (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #1) Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2) Rescuing Seneca Crane (A Kari and Lucas Mystery)