Start by marking “The Adventure at Simba Hill (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Adventure at Simba Hill (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #3)

The Adventure at Simba Hill (Kari + Lucas Mysteries #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  93 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Best friends Kari and Lucas are thrilled to go on safari in Africa. They're fascinated by the lions, giraffes, and zebras. Even more intriguing to Kari is the cave where her uncle and other archaeologists have discovered artwork from thousands of years ago. But when some of the ancient artifacts are stolen, Kari and Lucas are thrust into an art mystery as compelling as any ...more
Published March 3rd 2011 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published February 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventure at Simba Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventure at Simba Hill

Kaye
May 21, 2011 Kaye rated it really liked it
Another mystery for friends Lucas and Kari. This time they are in Africa. Loved the description of animals safaris and learning about archeology. These two girls are like an internationally traveling Nancy Drew. Can't wait for their next adventure. 10 and up.
Robert Kent
Apr 28, 2011 Robert Kent rated it it was amazing
For those of you who don’t already know, Kari and Lucas are two fourteen-year-old girls who trot the globe solving mysteries, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that their next leap will be the leap—never mind. But extra nerd points if you know that reference:) Kari is Batman to Lucas’s Robin and they never actually seek out mysteries. They just sort of find themselves in the right exotic location at the right time to become entangled in a new international mystery. ...more
Alexandra
Dec 28, 2016 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Definitely one of my favorites of 2016! I've never read a book with a setting in Africa. Kari and Lucas are so much fun, and I hope there's more adventure coming for them.
Emmet O'Neal Library- Children's Department
“The Adventure at Simba Hill” is the third book in the Kari and Lucas Mystery Series and it doesn't disappoint. The girls travel to Africa for an archeologist expedition, days of safaris, and taking in the local culture and customs. While in Africa, the girls stumble onto a mystery of stolen artifacts and are compelled to solve it when someone they are close with is accused of the crime.

If you haven’t read these books, you really should. Kari and Lucas are great girls. Throughout the series, the
Amy
Apr 05, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-4
I loved this book, Adventure at Simba Hill especially because I read the whole series, and I finally got to read this one. I love how the main characters, Kari and Lucas, always try to solve a mystery when they are just teenagers. In this book, they try to find out who stole the precious artifacts from the archeology site. I love how Kari and Lucas are always traveling places like for this book, they're traveling to Africa where they describe all these animals they see. This book keeps you readi ...more
M.
Oct 22, 2011 M. rated it really liked it
A series book, in the Kari and Lucas Mysteries, but it doesn't feel like a series. In a way it's remarkable in its integration of the exotic setting of Kenya safari country with a mystery.

Kari's Uncle Geoff is an archeologist in Kenya. He's invited Kari and her friend Lucas to come from Minnesota to Africa to see his dig. They go. And they find a mystery--who has been illegally taking artifacts from another part of Uncle Geoff's dig and selling them on the black market?

The people of Kenya are p
Shiela
Apr 16, 2013 Shiela rated it it was amazing
I can’t praise Runholt’s books enough! She has a way of placing the reader in the moment with the girls no matter where in the world they are and this third book in the Kari and Lucas series is no exception. This time, Runholt takes us into the African wilderness where Kari and Lucas stumble upon a ring of thieves stealing priceless artifacts from an ancient archaeological dig. Readers get a great taste of Kenya as the girls travel from one place to another in search of clues to further their in ...more
Pam
Jun 15, 2016 Pam rated it really liked it
I like this series of mysteries by Susan Runholt. While I think the first was perhaps the best, this one hit the spot as well. Girls will really identify with the characters of Kari and Lucas, and the background of each book gives them information about different places and cultures. I hope Runholt is planning to continue the series but given the number of years since this one was published I wonder.
Michelle
Oct 02, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Appropriate for: age 12+
You will like this book if you like: Mysteries, animals, books geared towards tweens

I liked this book, but it was a bit young even for me. I think 11 & 12 year old girls would love it! There were some discrepancies (loopholes) in it and after about halfway through the author stopped caring about grammar.
Heather
Recommended for fans of the Kari & Lucas mysteries as well as fans of Michael Beil's Red Blazer Girls series (and vice versa - Beil's fans should also like Ms. Runholt's books.) The book concluded a little too quickly for me, but I enjoyed watching Kari & Lucas uncover the clues and enjoy a new culture.
Vicki ~ no time to read
I really liked this book, well developed clues, setting and plot. There was less action, I think, in this one than in the other two, but it was still great. Nice to read about something that Kari was so passionate about!
Johnny Bennett
Oct 28, 2013 Johnny Bennett rated it really liked it
The third book in the series continues to entertain. My only disappointment is that the characters don't seem to have aged or developed much over the three books. Still the plot was entertaining if a little simple. An enjoyable read all around.
Elizabeth
Jun 03, 2011 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Susan's a neighbor. Need to read one of her books. This one recommended on MPR
Andréa
Aug 13, 2016 Andréa rated it liked it
This one is good, and includes great details of Africa, but I preferred the mysteries of the first two books in the series.
Olivia
May 16, 2011 Olivia rated it really liked it
This was my favorite of the growing series. Especily because the girls are in and exploring Africa, while in school I am studing Africa. So I can follow along with all the safari stuff.
Hoover Public Library Kids and Teens
Another solid addition to the Kari & Lucas series. This time, the well-traveled teen sleuths are in Kenya!
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2013
Desa
Desa rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2011
Leah Peterson
Leah Peterson rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2014
Erinne Paisley
Erinne Paisley rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2011
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2014
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2011
Aleta
Aleta rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2011
Lydia Selden
Lydia Selden rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Katie Jane
Katie Jane rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Kari + Lucas Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Mystery of the Third Lucretia (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #1)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)