Start by marking “US: Transforming Ourselves and the Relationships that” as Want to Read:
US: Transforming Ourselves and the Relationships that

US: Transforming Ourselves and the Relationships that

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  7 reviews

"The key to real and lasting change lies somewhere between what you know and what you do. It’s what you think." —Lisa Oz

Being social creatures, we yearn for connection but often fall into bad habits that interfere with our ability to have rewarding relationships. We begin to see ourselves as alone, isolated, or at odds with the rest of the universe. How
Published April 6th 2010 by Free Press (first published March 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about US, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about US

Dixie LoCicero
There were parts of the book I really liked, like how we need to understand ourselves before we can understand others or have relationships be successful. I liked some of the activities she gave at the end of each chapter. Some of her views about men & women being the "perfect union" make me wonder how she'd feel about same-sex relationships.
Debra
Dani
There seems to be a consensus here that this book didn't have a lot of substance to it. Maybe I just haven't read enough relationship advice type books, but I really enjoyed this one. The author offers a fresh perspective and opens up about her own insecurities. I appreciated her honesty and gained a lot from reading this.
Kristen
This was a quick read and I liked how it was broken up into topics of interest. I didn't feel like there was anything new as far as advice that has already been given by millions of self help authors...take time to pamper yourself, exercise, eat right, treat others the way you would like to be treated etc... I did like her personal stories about her own struggles and how she applied the principles to her own life.
Shannon
Kind of interesting, self help sort of book. Very generalized look at life. If you like Dr. Oz you might appreciate a little peek into his world via his wife. Nothing new here, nothing ground breaking but a good read.
Jessica
Basically an ok book on how to be a better, more aware person. Lisa Oz ads a few unique ideas to much written about topics. I enjoyed her personal anecdotes most of all.
Connie
Did not finish. Hohum.
Brenda La chula
Brenda La chula marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Kris
Kris is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2014
Dana Ankenbauer
Dana Ankenbauer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Ecogmail.com
Ecogmail.com marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Llsa Bloor
Llsa Bloor marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Foxglove Zayuri
Foxglove Zayuri marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Foxglove Zayuri
Foxglove Zayuri marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
US: The Art of Relationships The Oz Family Kitchen: More Than 100 Simple and Delicious Real-Food Recipes from Our Home to Yours You: Breathing Easy: Meditation and Breathing Techniques to Relax, Refresh and Revitalize You: On a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management No Excuses Fitness: The 30-Day Plan to Tone Your Body and Supercharge Your Health