Start by marking “Believe in Me (Rosewood Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Believe in Me (Rosewood Trilogy, #2)

Believe in Me (The Rosewood Trilogy #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  400 ratings  ·  42 reviews
EVEN THE MOST TIGHTLY LOCKED HEART HAS A KEY.
After learning of her husband's affair, Jordan Radcliffe is crushed, but she knows she must stay strong for her three young children. So she moves back to Rosewood, the idyllic horse farm where she grew up. Wishing only to recover and reassess her life, Jordan feels an undeniable attraction to architect Owen Gage--and does her
Published January 18th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published October 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Believe in Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Believe in Me

Tasha
Jan 30, 2011 Tasha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Jordan has divorced her cheating husband and moved back home to Rosewood. She is trying to put her life back together by starting her own interior design business. This is how she meets architect Owen Gage. His firm lands an interior design account Jordan was hoping to get to establish her business.

Owen and Jordan both feel the immediate sparks between them upon meeting. But Jordan is weary of all men and Owen doesn't want all the complications that come with being involved with a single mother.
Nadine Jones
Sadly, this book kind of sucked. It was horridly weighed down by TOO MUCH DETAIL. Here is a random passage from the middle of the book:

Andy had jumped both Mistral and Indigo the day before, so Jordan's job was to give them a good workout on the flat. Jordan groomed Mistral, a bay Thoroughbred gelding who possessed both the conformation and easy, willing attitude to make a find hunter prospect.
After tacking Mistral, she led him down to the outdoor ring. Walking into the center of the ring, she
J.A. Saare
Although I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first, Remember Me, I still stayed up late into the night to finish it which means it deserves the five star rating. If you've never read Remember Me, it's not necessary to follow Believe in Me. However, I feel it greatly adds to the richness of the story, as you get to revisit characters and there is a substantial build up to the third book coming soon in the series, Trouble Me.

In this installment, we meet the heartbroken sister Jordan Radcliffe.
Divina

Surprisingly a great read! The second book in the series is about Jordan Radcliffe and Owen Gage. The story takes place months after the first book, Remember Me. Jordan, elder sister of Margot is trying to start her life again after her nine year marriage ends in divorce. She has three young children to raise so she moves back to her childhood home in Warburg, VA. with her sisters and new brother-in-law. Their family home of Rosewood was on a brink of financial ruins after her father and step-mo
Nath
Amanda
Nov 22, 2011 Amanda added it
So I havent read all of Beleive in Me but onyl the excerpt at the end of Remember Me, just reading that small prtion has me in insomnia wanting to know how the story will unfold I cant BELEIVE IT the "Rat Bastard"!!! did it again actually REPHRASE: Was still doing it what kind of man does that?! cheats on his pregnant wife then ditches/lies/ and decieves her into beleiving hes changing his ways because he 'llloooooovees her?! ahhhh im outraged. ThE TOAD deserves a castration. Ahh and thatss not ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
When I was given the opportunity to read the second book in Laura Moore’s Rosewood series, Believe In Me, I jumped at the opportunity. The first book, Remember Me, took me on a heartfelt journey I couldn’t forget, propelling the book to the top of my favorite novels list. In this installment, we are given Jordan Radcliffe’s story. In Remember Me, we learned Jordan’s husband had strayed from their marriage. In this book we learn that not only did he cheat, but he also continued to do so after the ...more
Mareli
5 stars yes!!!!
I already knew that I would love this story about the first of Radcliffe sister. The one betrayed by her husband and left with 3 little children.

The story was good. Jordan came back home when she discovered her husband kept his relationship with a collegue, even after he promised the story was over. He's a bad husband but not a bad father and part of the book is about his tries to get his children's love back.

But mostly it's about Jordan and how she discovered to be a person and a
Michael
I read the first book in the series a while back and forgot I had this on my Nook still unread. I think recently I've overloaded my brain on smut, kinky smut, slashy smut...I guess it is possible to fry your brain on smut.

I'm 100 pages into this 350 page ebook and so far it's very enjoyable. There are moments where the "filler" seems to drag on, but fortunately not so much that I give up on the story.

It's fun reading Owen and Jordan dancing around their mutual attraction. She's been burned by
Amy Denim
Laura Moore's writing is extraordinary. In a 400+ page contemporary romance, not once did I remember I was just reading a book. The characters, plot, tension, setting and romance had me hooked.
I think a lot of women will be able to relate to the heroine and everyone will fall in love with the hero.
The kids are have some great lines. My one complaint is how well behaved they are throughout the entire story. I think with the upheaval in their lives they'd act out just a little.
I can not wait to s
Debby B
I thoroughly enjoy this series and seeing these women come into their own. There has been alot of negative comments about how much detail this author gives. I for one am for the detail, one of the main reasons I picked this series was it involved horses. The fact that she gives such detail to everything that goes into the horses and it's right is amazing. Also the reason she gives detail into how Jordan is working with the horse is because working with horses like exercising is a good time to ca ...more
Anna
I read Remember Me, the first in this series, for a contest last year and adored it. So I was very excited when I received the package for the same contest this year and this one was in it. I was not let down. Now, it may be because I'm a horse lover, but I enjoy these trips to Rosewood, where the horses are as important as the people. I was thrilled to get to hear Jordan's love story, after meeting her and her cheating (now ex-)husband in the first book. I loved that the author depicted carefu ...more
Scherry Siganporia
Readers! The second book of the Rosewood Trilogy and it is as beautiful as the first one...The family of Rosewood, the barn, the horses, the farm lands, the romance and passion is all ignited all over again...a treat to read this novel as it is written so beautifully. I loved the hero in this book. His personality is so related to the everyday man..his fears and insecurities are well brought about. Yet his love cannot be contained..I love the distinction which is made between love and passion in ...more
Diah Didi
At first, I thought I wouldn't like it, especially knowing what Jordan had just been through. But it turned I really really like it. Not as much as I liked the first book, but I enjoyed reading this.
Owen was quiet cute and I liked parts when he met things that were so unpredictable. I even put notes on things I liked from this book. I loved Jordan for being tough and calm. Not to mention the whole family members of Rosewood. I loved them all.
Couldn't wait to read the next book about Jade!

More r
Emelle Brennan
Too much filler lecturing on horse breeding and not enough romance
Mum
3.5 Stars. The romance part was a bit too graphic and long-winded. The story, on the whole was good.
Naima
I liked the book a lot and would have given it five stars except that there was a bit too much description of horse caretaking/ competing for me and at one point the thirty-something H admires how sexy the h's underage, high school sister is. He does follow this observation by noting that she's way too young for him but I still found the act of his observing her sexual attraction to be jarring. It felt too much as though the author was trying too hard to set things up for the sister's book.
Jackie
"Confronting a woman like Nonie was so different with Owen acting as her stalwart champion" (287) -- one sentence that captures the construction of gender and the ideology of love in Moore's work. I'm sure it's one that appeals to a lot of women, but it feels terribly old-fashioned to me -- hence the rating for a book that in most other respects would garner a 4 from me.
Ann  Lorz
This is only the second book I've read by Laura Moore. The first being "Remember Me" the first book in the Rosewood trilogy. I found "Believe Me" to be a great story. I liked that you fell into story like you never left it from the first book. Now all I have to do is wait for the third book to find out how happiness comes to all the sisters of Rosewood.
Marilyn Brant
What a wonderful second book in a fabulous trilogy! I loved this story. The characters that inhabit Rosewood have become beloved friends. I've enjoyed returning to them as I recently reread book one (Remember Me) and I'm so looking forward to book three next year (Trouble Me). A very compelling and deeply romantic series!
Cornelia
This book was really great.
Jordan is strong and sensible.
Owen, is a real man. really well written. No he is not comfortable with the kids but they grow on him. he can't escape... ;)

I absolutely can't wait for the last instalment. For Jade and Cooper story.
and to have the confirmation of who is TM...
Meredith
This is one of those books I liked a lot more than I should because I was just in the mood to read this type of book at the time.

It has a bit of a women's fic feel to it, you know, the man done me wrong, woman starting over with family business in interesting and colorful locale kind of thing.
Rochelle
I didn't finish this. I think if you get 30% through the book, are bored to tears by all of the neverending detail about interior decorating and horse breeding, and still don't like the main characters, you should quit while you're ahead!
Angie
Great 2nd installment of the Rosewood Trilogy. I loved Jordan & Owen and Jordan's kids were so fun to read about. Especially Owen's reactions and thoughts about Olivia, the youngest. Too funny :) I can't wait to read Jade's story and the conclusion to the series.
Lori
4.5 stars. Loved it! The only thing keeping it from 5 star was the overload of instruction on horses, and horse show. But I really couldn't mark it off further than that because it was all such an integral part of the story.
Elise Rome
I absolutely loved this book. Even when the pacing turned a bit slow at times when we learning about the heroine's role with the horses, I still enjoyed it. So glad to have found a new author to love!
Hope Frost
I liked the story line and the characters but the ending seemed very abrupt. There was a lot of build up and back story, then BAM end. I am looking forward to Jade's story.
Sharon Sherman
If you want to get away for a little while this is the book to read. You will visit Rosewood and see a family and thier horses.
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • Riding High (Sons of Chance, #14)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • More Than One Night
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
  • Undeniable Demands (Secrets of Eden, #1)
  • The Couple Behind the Headlines
  • Return of the Moralis Wife (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Quinn (Wyoming Sky, #1)
  • How to Ruin a Reputation
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • Lady Alexandra's Excellent Adventure (Summersby #1)
  • The Trouble with Valentine's
I was born in New York City and grew up there and in Western Massachusetts. I began writing my first romance while pursuing my master's degree. My first novel, Ride a Dark Horse, filled most of a spiral bound notebook. It didn't take long for me to realize I far preferred writing love stories to cranking out term papers!

I now live in Rhode Island with my husband, two children, and our black lab.
More about Laura Moore...

The Rosewood Trilogy (3 books)
  • Remember Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #1)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
Remember Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #1) Once Tempted (Silver Creek, #1) Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3) Once Tasted (Silver Creek, #2) Ride a Dark Horse

“Living well is the best revenge (Margot Radcliffe)” 5 likes