Start by marking “The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple: 500 Tips for Getting Your Life in Order” as Want to Read:

Bring order to your hectic life, quickly and efficiently. Donna Smallin offers innovative ideas and effective solutions to the busy person’s daily battle with both physical and mental clutter. This easy-to-follow guide includes 500 strategies that will help you make your world a more orderly place so that you can spend more time enjoying the things that really matter. Even ...more
Published September 15th 2004 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple

Marie
Feb 15, 2013 Marie rated it liked it
It was ok. Some good tidbits but a lot of things I've already done. Also it kind of bothered me that a book on organization could be so random.
Huma Rashid
Oct 23, 2011 Huma Rashid rated it liked it
This is a great, quick read for those of us who find ourselves living comfortably in clutter, even while thinking in the back of minds that maybe we should try to get rid of that clutter. I have always loved clutter. Clutter - mine has almost always been books and papers strewn about in delightful piles and stacks - made me feel productive. It was a visual representation of things I had learned, read, was working on, would be working on, was interested in, and so on. It was a visual representati ...more
Alissa Gilbert
Mar 22, 2014 Alissa Gilbert rated it it was amazing
This book was so helpful in getting my house more organized! I love how she talks about how you don’ t have to take a day off work, you don’t have to block off your entire Saturday. You just have to start. This book talks about filing papers, organizing your bills, and categorizing your files. I love her tip about filing papers.This book even talks about organizing coupons! Can I get a “hallelujah,” here?! My coupons are a mess! Another part of this book that I love is the chapter called “Spaces ...more
May 31, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
It's the time of year to put up your Christmas decorations and prepare for Christmas parties and ... clean all those corners and ledges you ignore until it's time to hang wreaths and put up Christmas trees. Smallin, the author of Unclutter Your Mind, Organizing Plain & Simple, The One-Minute Organizer, and Cleaning Plain & Simple, which this book is condensed from, puts in a quick and breezy guide to cleaning your house from top to bottom.

In this tiny little book she succintly tells you
Diana Nagy
Mar 13, 2016 Diana Nagy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
What a fantastic little book this was! I am already the expert in organizing and use much of these tips already (or have used them previously) so I knew a lot of them. However, if you are new to organizing and want to have the best organized house, car, and office on the block, start here. This book will give you everything (and more) you could ever need to make life simple for you in every aspect. Its about 5 by 6 inches and thick. Its perfect size to throw in your purse to take to the office o ...more
Amy
A quick read with lots of great tips. It's worth reading cover-to-cover, then revisiting for a refresher on various tips. I just bought it new at Barnes and Noble, but then realized it was published in 2004. Not a huge deal, as most of the tips are still valid. But a more current book might include tips on using current technology to get and stay organized. In this book, the author mentions things like PDAs, paper calendars, and maintaining paper files - a lot of these kinds of things are outdat ...more
Caya
This book is a really quick read. I picked it up and read it through in a few hours.

I am a very organized person. I knew I was before I read this book, but I thought maybe this book would have a few tips I didn't know/follow (which it did). However, I picked this book up to help me understand my very unorganized daughter and, to hopefully, find some ways to help her become more organized (it didn't). It did reinforce all of the ideas that I have myself and I did find a couple new ones to possib
Banana
May 11, 2009 Banana rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who has a pigsty for a bedroom.
Recommended to Banana by: Nobody really. I found it on my mom's shelf one day (she got it
This is the book that got me organizing everything. I organize something new everyday! By the time I get through with everything, I start all over again. Donna Smallin explains how fun and easy it is to organize - and how you can do most small projects in a single minute. To me, this is a definite 6-star book.
Rosie
Jun 20, 2013 Rosie added it
Recommends it for: disorganized people
I like this cute little book. It's basically a list of tips that take you about one second to read. It's not something you sit down and read cover-to-cover, but I've had it sitting around the house for years and I pick it up once in a while, read a bit and say, "oh, yeah, that's clever." My 12-year-old likes it, too.
Wendy
Dec 15, 2008 Wendy rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Okay book. This book just gives hundreds of little tips of how to organize. I've heard 90% of those tips. And most of the tips weren't things you can do in one minute to start organizing (as I thought the title implies) I want to know how to put it all together and organize different rooms in my house, and change myself into a more organized person. Maybe her other books are better.
Herman Kappes
If you bring new stuff into the house, then get rid of some of the old stuff.

This book was a well rounded collection of tips and strategies to unclutter your life. I found a great deal of value in some of the tips, particularly those dealing with bringing new items into the home and the need to purge old items.
Tricia
Sep 28, 2009 Tricia rated it really liked it
I love Donna Smallin's books, but these are just little bite size versions of the full book Organizing Plain and Simple which is fantatic! Cleaning Plain and Simple is awesome too. They are reference books so you can turn to whatever section you are working on (cleaning ovens, organizing closets) or read it cover to cover!
Scott L.
Jun 05, 2011 Scott L. rated it liked it
A very good little handbook with lots of great ideas for quick and efficient organization. I've already implemented some of the ideas. Others are just common sense ideas that most people who have some semblance of organization actually do on a regular basis. But I thought the book very well written.
Emma Mylinson
Mar 29, 2011 Emma Mylinson rated it it was amazing
The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple book is about you organizing things. Like storage, cleaning your room, and even doing chores. This helps you organize almost everything!!! It gives you the power of reading a thing to do.
Palindrome
Jun 11, 2011 Palindrome rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, organizing
A little too simple of a book than I was looking for, since it all basically boiled down to "spend 5 minutes putting stuff back where it belongs." I should have spent more time organizing and picking up than actually reading this book. Ha!
Brianah
May 13, 2008 Brianah rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2008
started: 5/19/08
finished: 5/20/08
This book was awesome as well! I am definitely going to be buying both of these "one-minute" books. If anyone has trouble keeping things tidy and organized, these books will give you tons of suggestions. I am definitely motivated to get my house in order.
Mintti
Feb 12, 2014 Mintti rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Suomeksi: Koti siistiksi - 500 vinkkiä tavarapaljouden taltuttamiseen. Eipä tässä ollut mitään uutta, mutta aina kun näitä lukee, tulee hetkeksi jonkinlaista inspiraatiota tehdä asialle jotain. Ja nyt tämä on tarpeeseen kun on muutto edessä, eikä uuteen kotiin halua mitään ylimääräistä rojua.
Kirsti Call
Jan 28, 2011 Kirsti Call rated it really liked it
This book breaks organizing down into simple steps. It not only makes those overwhelming projects seem managable, it also motivates you to actually do something about your disorganization.

Sonia
Feb 11, 2016 Sonia rated it it was ok
Tips in the book were helpful but for book on organizing, the content wasn't very organized.
The format was hard to read because it was like one big checklist.

Karen
Jan 16, 2012 Karen rated it did not like it
Not worth the time.
Heather
Nov 03, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing
Excellent fast read about 500 Tips on getting your life in order. This book rock on simple ideas that I didn't even think of. Great Book! A good one to always have around the house!
Abby Turner
Jun 28, 2008 Laura Buck rated it it was amazing
lots of good tips
Lottie
Apr 03, 2015 Lottie added it
Was not impressed with book, nothing really new. Author stated many times to get organized is to start 5 minutes a day.
Janetta Baugess
Jan 10, 2011 Janetta Baugess rated it really liked it
This book is an easy read with loads of advice for organizing one's life from top to bottom.
Kiky Kartini
Jan 05, 2015 Kiky Kartini rated it liked it
Intinya sih, mulai dari sedikit demi sedikit, setiap hari 5-15 menit. Akhirnya rumah pun bisa tertata kembali. Voila!

Praktekin dulu ah! Hehehe
Kara
Jul 25, 2011 Kara rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
It was a quick and easy read. Filled with easy organization tips and thought-provoking questions, I realized it was possible to begin getting organized, with just 15 minutes a day!
Shiu Ny
Again...one of my favorite organizing books!
jo
Jun 28, 2008 jo rated it it was amazing
great ideas...common sense...good motivator to start any minute...
Jen
Mar 27, 2011 Jen rated it it was ok
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • One Thing At a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day
  • When Organizing Isn't Enough: SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life
  • Organize Now!: A Week by Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life!
  • Confessions of an Organized Homemaker: The Secrets of Uncluttering Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life
  • What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
  • Organizing for the Creative Person: Right-Brain Styles for Conquering Clutter, Mastering Time, and Reaching Your Goals
  • How to Organize (Just About) Everything: More Than 500 Step-by-Step Instructions for Everything from Organizing Your Closets to Planning a Wedding to Creating a Flawless Filing System
  • Simplify Your Life: Get Organized and Stay That Way
  • The House that Cleans Itself: Creative Solutions for a Clean and Orderly House in Less Time Than You Can Imagine
  • Conquering Chronic Disorganization
  • Stress-Proof Your Life (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good
  • The Organized Life: Secrets of an Expert Organizer
  • Speed Cleaning
  • Getting Organized
  • Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips and Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie and Love It!
  • Real Simple: The Organized Home
  • Getting Organized in the Google Era: How to Get Stuff out of Your Head, Find It When You Need It, and Get It Done Right
I am an organizing strategist, certified House Cleaning Technician and author of a dozen books on how to unclutter, organize, clean up and simplify your life. My latest release is Clear the Clutter, Find Happiness. I invite you to sign up for free organizing tips at www.unclutter.com or join my Unclutter.com Organizing Support Group on Facebook.
More about Donna Smallin Kuper...