Start by marking “The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple: 500 Tips for Getting Your Life in Order” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Every day, in every way, you can get just a little more organized in just a few minutes.

For instance, when you take your clothes off, hang them up or put them in the laundry. Throw out that pile of mail-order catalogs you still haven't flipped through. Limit yourself to saving one tote-bag-full of housecleaning rags.

The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple is the perfec
Published September 15th 2004 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple

Alissa Gilbert
This book was so helpful in getting my house more organized! I love how she talks about how you don’ t have to take a day off work, you don’t have to block off your entire Saturday. You just have to start. This book talks about filing papers, organizing your bills, and categorizing your files. I love her tip about filing papers.This book even talks about organizing coupons! Can I get a “hallelujah,” here?! My coupons are a mess! Another part of this book that I love is the chapter called “Spaces ...more
Marie
It was ok. Some good tidbits but a lot of things I've already done. Also it kind of bothered me that a book on organization could be so random.
Huma Rashid
This is a great, quick read for those of us who find ourselves living comfortably in clutter, even while thinking in the back of minds that maybe we should try to get rid of that clutter. I have always loved clutter. Clutter - mine has almost always been books and papers strewn about in delightful piles and stacks - made me feel productive. It was a visual representation of things I had learned, read, was working on, would be working on, was interested in, and so on. It was a visual representati ...more
It's the time of year to put up your Christmas decorations and prepare for Christmas parties and ... clean all those corners and ledges you ignore until it's time to hang wreaths and put up Christmas trees. Smallin, the author of Unclutter Your Mind, Organizing Plain & Simple, The One-Minute Organizer, and Cleaning Plain & Simple, which this book is condensed from, puts in a quick and breezy guide to cleaning your house from top to bottom.

In this tiny little book she succintly tells you
Amy
A quick read with lots of great tips. It's worth reading cover-to-cover, then revisiting for a refresher on various tips. I just bought it new at Barnes and Noble, but then realized it was published in 2004. Not a huge deal, as most of the tips are still valid. But a more current book might include tips on using current technology to get and stay organized. In this book, the author mentions things like PDAs, paper calendars, and maintaining paper files - a lot of these kinds of things are outdat ...more
Mintti
Suomeksi: Koti siistiksi - 500 vinkkiä tavarapaljouden taltuttamiseen. Eipä tässä ollut mitään uutta, mutta aina kun näitä lukee, tulee hetkeksi jonkinlaista inspiraatiota tehdä asialle jotain. Ja nyt tämä on tarpeeseen kun on muutto edessä, eikä uuteen kotiin halua mitään ylimääräistä rojua.
Kiky Kartini
Intinya sih, mulai dari sedikit demi sedikit, setiap hari 5-15 menit. Akhirnya rumah pun bisa tertata kembali. Voila!

Praktekin dulu ah! Hehehe
Lottie
Apr 03, 2015 Lottie added it
Was not impressed with book, nothing really new. Author stated many times to get organized is to start 5 minutes a day.
Caya
This book is a really quick read. I picked it up and read it through in a few hours.

I am a very organized person. I knew I was before I read this book, but I thought maybe this book would have a few tips I didn't know/follow (which it did). However, I picked this book up to help me understand my very unorganized daughter and, to hopefully, find some ways to help her become more organized (it didn't). It did reinforce all of the ideas that I have myself and I did find a couple new ones to possib
Wendy
Okay book. This book just gives hundreds of little tips of how to organize. I've heard 90% of those tips. And most of the tips weren't things you can do in one minute to start organizing (as I thought the title implies) I want to know how to put it all together and organize different rooms in my house, and change myself into a more organized person. Maybe her other books are better.
Tricia
I love Donna Smallin's books, but these are just little bite size versions of the full book Organizing Plain and Simple which is fantatic! Cleaning Plain and Simple is awesome too. They are reference books so you can turn to whatever section you are working on (cleaning ovens, organizing closets) or read it cover to cover!
Rosie
Jun 20, 2013 Rosie added it
Recommends it for: disorganized people
I like this cute little book. It's basically a list of tips that take you about one second to read. It's not something you sit down and read cover-to-cover, but I've had it sitting around the house for years and I pick it up once in a while, read a bit and say, "oh, yeah, that's clever." My 12-year-old likes it, too.
Banana
May 11, 2009 Banana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who has a pigsty for a bedroom.
Recommended to Banana by: Nobody really. I found it on my mom's shelf one day (she got it
This is the book that got me organizing everything. I organize something new everyday! By the time I get through with everything, I start all over again. Donna Smallin explains how fun and easy it is to organize - and how you can do most small projects in a single minute. To me, this is a definite 6-star book.
Scott L.
A very good little handbook with lots of great ideas for quick and efficient organization. I've already implemented some of the ideas. Others are just common sense ideas that most people who have some semblance of organization actually do on a regular basis. But I thought the book very well written.
Brianah
started: 5/19/08
finished: 5/20/08
This book was awesome as well! I am definitely going to be buying both of these "one-minute" books. If anyone has trouble keeping things tidy and organized, these books will give you tons of suggestions. I am definitely motivated to get my house in order.
HKgirl
Jul 12, 2011 HKgirl rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
A little too simple of a book than I was looking for, since it all basically boiled down to "spend 5 minutes putting stuff back where it belongs." I should have spent more time organizing and picking up than actually reading this book. Ha!
Emma Mylinson
The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple book is about you organizing things. Like storage, cleaning your room, and even doing chores. This helps you organize almost everything!!! It gives you the power of reading a thing to do.
Dana Kashubeck
Had some great tips and was a very quick read.
Kirsti Call
This book breaks organizing down into simple steps. It not only makes those overwhelming projects seem managable, it also motivates you to actually do something about your disorganization.

Kara
It was a quick and easy read. Filled with easy organization tips and thought-provoking questions, I realized it was possible to begin getting organized, with just 15 minutes a day!
Heather
Excellent fast read about 500 Tips on getting your life in order. This book rock on simple ideas that I didn't even think of. Great Book! A good one to always have around the house!
Gary Boschee
Helpful, and a quick read.
Janetta Baugess
This book is an easy read with loads of advice for organizing one's life from top to bottom.
Jen
Jen
I was hoping for some enlighting ideas on how to get organized, but it was all common sense.
Leanne
This book contained good ideas for getting organized and the format was easy to read.
jo
great ideas...common sense...good motivator to start any minute...
Janae
Great to get me going in small but effective ways.
Shiu Ny
Again...one of my favorite organizing books!
Tracy
This quick read will get you moving.
  • One Thing At a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day
  • When Organizing Isn't Enough: Shed Your Stuff, Change Your Life
  • Organize Now!: A Week-By-Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life!
  • Confessions of an Organized Homemaker: The Secrets of Uncluttering Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life
  • How to Organize (Just About) Everything: More Than 500 Step-by-Step Instructions for Everything from Organizing Your Closets to Planning a Wedding to Creating a Flawless Filing System
  • Organizing for the Creative Person: Right-Brain Styles for Conquering Clutter, Mastering Time, and Reaching Your Goals
  • Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips and Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie and Love It!
  • Speed Cleaning
  • What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
  • Simplify Your Life: Get Organized and Stay That Way
  • Getting Organized in the Google Era: How to Get Stuff out of Your Head, Find It When You Need It, and Get It Done Right
  • Stress-Proof Your Life (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Organizing Solutions for People With Attention Deficit Disorder: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized
  • Organize Yourself!
  • The Messies Manual: The Procrastinator's Guide to Good Housekeeping
  • Unstuff Your Life!: Kick the Clutter Habit and Completely Organize Your Life for Good
  • One Year to an Organized Financial Life: From Your Bills to Your Bank Account, Your Home to Your Retirement, the Week-by-Week Guide to Achieving Financial Peace of Mind
  • Real Simple: The Organized Home
I am an organizing strategist, certified House Cleaning Technician and author of a dozen books on how to unclutter, organize, clean up and simplify your life. My latest release is Clear the Clutter, Find Happiness. I invite you to sign up for free organizing tips at www.unclutter.com or join my Unclutter.com Organizing Support Group on Facebook.
More about Donna Smallin Kuper...
Organizing Plain & Simple: A Ready Reference Guide with Hundreds of Solutions to Your Everyday Clutter Challenges Clear the Clutter, Find Happiness: One-Minute Tips for Decluttering and Refreshing Your Home and Your Life Cleaning Plain & Simple: A ready reference guide with hundreds of sparkling solutions to your everyday cleaning challenges Unclutter Your Home: 7 Simple Steps, 700 Tips & Ideas Unclutter Your Mind: 500 Ways to Focus on What's Important