Start by marking “Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 4” as Want to Read:
Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 4

Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 4 (Suki-tte Ii na yo #4)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,904 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without making either boyfriend or friends. One day, she drop-kicks a popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, because of a misunderstanding but for some reason it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they’re friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, he does it with a kiss…?!!
174 pages
Published January 13th 2010 by Kōdansha

To ask other readers questions about Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 4

Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
I had lots of problems with this volume. Lots. A certain character being the main one. But she was put in for DRAMAAH anyway.

Nevertheless, I still love Mei and Yamato and there is very little that can make me stop loving them, so I hold my 4 star flag high.

PS- I finished all the updated volumes and am quietly wondering what to do with my time now. Since I am too lazy to add all volumes (as you know), I'll extend my volume 1 review and add in my final thoughts there. You may proceed.
Amanda Lila
Dec 16, 2014 Amanda Lila rated it it was amazing
Ok! This volume was better than the previous ones. Finally, I saw some sort of plot here. The new guy, Kai is cool and I think we needed him to warm things up.
Apr 27, 2015 Beckiezra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
3.5 even, I liked the direction the story was going in this volume, more main characters' relationship conflict and development, less side characters' relationships. I liked the (re)introduction of Kai to the story, I thought he was just going to be part of a love triangle as a rival for Mei's affection so it was nice to find out he was already part of the story back in Volume 1. The bullying issues were really emphasized in this volume as well and I think there was some good advice for anyone e ...more
Ivana Ciglar
May 17, 2014 Ivana Ciglar rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: romance, manga, friendship

Getting more complicated... interesting :)

Mei: "...Yamato, I love you, Yamato. The truth is, I want to... call you "Yamato" forever."

The greatest obstacle so far is threatening Mei/Yamato relationship.

Yamato accepted Megumi's offer to start modeling with her. Mei, Asami and Aiko accompanied them on the set. Yamato and Megumi were doing a theme 'lovers on a date' and they were so natural at it and they looked so good together that Mei felt totally left out. She felt inferior to Megumi and started
Apr 02, 2016 Estefany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Me encanta Kai y awww Yamato y Mei me tienen empalagada

Antes de ver "Say I love you" no me habria planteado volver a leer a Kanae Hazuki porque en "Me arrodillo ante ti" descubrí que no era la clase de mangaka capaz de hacer "doki, doki" en mi corazón, pero después de ver una de las películas más intimas y hermosas sobre el amor, la amistad, la belleza interior y el amarse a uno mismo, no pude negar que quería embarcarme en esta aventura literaria. Además, hacía tanto que no leía que me parecía el reencuentro perfecto con mis amadas palabras de pap
Jul 17, 2016 Shelby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's getting so much better! =] It feels very realistic and insightful into how relationships really work, not just romantic but platonic too and talks about bullying. I really feel like I was there in a lot of Mei's moments so this one hit me hard.
Jun 04, 2015 Joti rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015 Tami rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas, november-tbr
Topics addressed in this volume

Bullying, Obsession and lying to others and yourself.

As usual I wanted to cry. Man children ars cruel. I've said it for years.

In this volume, Mei-chan is upset that her boyfriend has become a successful model and quickly spends less time with her and on top of that hears rumors of him spending alone time with a female model whose already admitted her feelings for him.

This also includes the story of Yamato's old friend who was bullied and transferred school...but
K. B
Oct 05, 2016 K. B rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shoujo
The new character Megu-tan, as expected creates drama in sweets Mei's life. She steals her friends and creates a fog between Yamato and Mei, who are already struggling to understand each other's feelings from the beginning. She makes Yamato do a modeling gig with her and then invites him every night after work for dinner at her house. Someone finds out about it and there goes the rumour train.*choo choo* Thanks to Aiko-chan (oh she was annoying but now she is super cool), she knocked some sense ...more
Plot Line:
Tachibana Mei, who has been living for 16 years without friends or boyfriends, is somehow loved by the most popular guy in school, Kurosawa Yamato. Although Mei doesn't open up easily, she is attracted to the sincere and kind Yamato. Mei is beginning to blossom into a girl as she becomes aware of the love she feels for Yamato.

But trouble is brewing. An Amateur model named Megumi wants Yamato for herself and transferred to their school. She asked Yamato to become a model. Although, Mei
Jul 29, 2016 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume was great! I really enjoyed this volume it was definitely building up the plot, and the next conflict. Have I mentioned yet that I love the art in this manga? It's so pretty and cute, it's definitely different than the art style of the other manga I've read, as well as the genre, shoujo. It's refreshing to read a sweet romance story that is pretty realistic, it covers topics like bulling, disorders, and dealing with your first relationship.
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Mar 30, 2015 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own

This volume continues the Megumi plot, with her making friends with everyone, continuing to bring Yamato to model with her. This does new things to Mei, makes her do surprising things. This is a test to Yamato and her, and it’s not over.

We meet an old friend of Yamato’s, Kai, who Mei inadvertently meets first. He’s a nice guy, but he’s also still hurting from the bullying he went through in middle school. This is a nice contradiction to Mei, who has gone through bullying before, but has a di
Jul 22, 2014 Cassie rated it it was amazing
Silly boy!! Glad you finally woke up and realized what you were doing to your girlfriend. But now it seems like she may have found someone who will fight you for her love and affection... And from a most hilarious source!
Sep 23, 2014 Kimi rated it it was amazing
Haha! She said it!!!!! Tee Hee. Yamato is super hot and would make a fantastic model, but the fact that he chose Mei is so !@#$%^&*(*&^%$#!!!!!! I just can't even!!! So many happy feelings all at once.
Apr 28, 2014 Jubel rated it liked it
I fucking love the ILLUSTRATION! THE IMAGES! IT'S VERY SWOONING!!! I remember reading this way back in 2010 (I think) anyway, this is one of the manga that very smutty and sexy. >:")
Aug 30, 2016 Jenten0018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. I hate Megumi. She needs to leave Yamato alone. Kai is pretty cool tough. I understand what it's like to be bullied so I can relate to both him and Mei.
Jul 26, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm very much annoyed with Meg's character, but I'm really excited to see more about Kai and his past with Yamato and how that effects the story in the future! :)
Jan 07, 2015 Francisca rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas
Regularmmente no me gusta tanto el shojo, pero este esta muy genial. De hecho creo que me gustan mucho mas los personajes secundarios que los protagonistas jiji
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
Apr 12, 2015 Keanna (KeyReadThat) rated it it was amazing
Mei's character is really growing and I really enjoy her and Yamato's relationship progression. I love the simple piece of advice she gives Kai and makes him think.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This is kind of sweet but has its awkward and yet kind of adorable moments. Also that cat is adorable. Anyway, another good volume.
I don't want to say this was a more "lighthearted" volume than the others so far because this covers some really serious topics relating to relationships and bullying (again). It feels a bit lighter, though, because this volume looks more at the best of humanity rather than the worst... if that makes sense. I mean, everyone's still very human and make their own mistakes and stuff, but ultimately, everything turns out well.

Needless to say, I really liked that.
Sep 22, 2016 Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This ship is so cannon it actually hurts. Loving the story.
Alex (Lexie)
Jan 06, 2013 Alex (Lexie) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Alex (Lexie) by: Rachel
Damn. It's been a long time since I cried because of a manga. Well, a shoujo manga one. Naruto and One Piece are constantly making me cry every now and then. But this is the first time in ages I read a shoujo manga that really makes me cry.

Er. I feel Mei. What Aiko said about Yamato being a 'nice to everyone' kind of person, I know how it feel too. Eh. I kinda experience those things too. :/ I did what she did. Well except saying I don't want to continue it anymore. Cause I like him too much. Y
Nov 13, 2014 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
I checked it out, I cringed, I squeed. best volume so far!
Korrie Stacy
Shelves: my-favorites
Jun 11, 2016 Eva rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Nov 29, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015 BubbleTea734 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The drawings are beautiful especially Aiko who makes the most facial expressions. I enjoyed this one, something a lot of us can relate to.
  • オオカミ少女と黒王子 4 [Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji 4] (Wolf Girl and Black Prince, #4)
  • アオハライド 5 [Ao Haru Ride 5] (Blue Spring Ride, #5)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 10
  • L-DK, Vol. 09
  • 世界一初恋 ~小野寺律の場合5~プレミアムアニメDVD付き限定版
  • 神様はじめました 15 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 15]
かなえ 葉月 is a manga artist and writer.

Name in native language: 葉月かなえ
Birthday: September 1980
Blood Type: B
Twitter username: @kanaehazuki
More about Kanae Hazuki...

Suki-tte Ii na yo (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1