Start by marking “Fire Me” as Want to Read:
Fire Me

Fire Me

How to lose your job and find true love…

Fed up with impossible deadlines and meaningless busywork, Anne Wyatt goes to work one day determined to resign. But that's the day her boss announces someone's getting laid off (and with a generous severance package). Now Anne has one day to ruin her career and convince her boss that someone should be her.

Anne's hysterical tactic

Published May 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Fire Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Me

Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
Anne works in the communication department at Burnham Group in DC. She works for Mitch Burnham - owner - and ex-boyfriend. It has been over for a couple of years (he had still been married at the time) but she had convinced herself that his wife didn't matter. She had broken it off with him, but it was still a blow to her self-esteem every time she saw him with someone else.

That wouldn't be happening much longer as she was resigning - today. She had found another job across the country in San Fr
Cheryl
May 02, 2009 Cheryl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Anne Wyatt is tried of working in the fast-paced corporate world of deadlines and a demanding boss. Lucky for Anne she has been offered an out. She has accepted a position as a Public Relations Representative for St. Bartholomew's hospital in San Francisco, California. Now all Anne has to do is find the courage to turn in her notice. Before She can do so her boss, Mitch calls a staff meeting. He informs the employees that the company isn't doing so good and that he has to cut one employee. He do ...more
Samantha
Jun 07, 2009 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rom the back of the book:

Fed up with impossible deadlines and meaningless busywork, Anne Wyatt goes to work one day determined to resign. But that's the day her boss announces someone's getting laid off (and a generous severance package). Now Anne has one day to ruin her career and convince her boss that someone should be her.

My Thoughts:
I was kinda iffy when I picked this book up...I just wasn't sure if I was in the mood for it to be quite honest. But I was pleasantly suprised at how great of a
Bobbie  Crawford
Dec 29, 2008 Bobbie Crawford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Office workers (past & present) and romance readers
Fire Me,
A Tale of Scheming, Dreaming, and Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
Written By: Libby Malin
Published By: Sourcebooks Casablanca, an imprint of Sourcebooks Inc., 2009, First Edition, paperback
ISBN 978-1402217579

Fire Me is an absolute must-have for anyone who has worked in an office setting. If you haven’t worked in an office before you’re still going to enjoy this sure-fire hit! This novel is insightful, sincere and the characters are all too human; it’s very easy to identify with t
cecilia
Apr 06, 2009 cecilia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blue-covers
Fire Me is a fairly pleasant read that had me chuckle at Anne and Sheila's schemings. I may never dare to do what they did, but I have to admit that I am sorely tempted to try it at work and see if it might work! ;D I kept reading onward to find out what schemes they'd attempt next, and I was surprised at how it ended for Anne (but totally happy for her!). I thought the romance was really downplayed, almost like an afterthought and not really a major part of the story. Which is fine because this ...more
Liz
Sep 30, 2009 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book itself was not one I would read again. The concept was interesting but not overly well executed.

The best thing about this book was its setting. It was fun to see a fluff book set in dc.
Dana Nelson
May 06, 2009 Dana Nelson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was a fun and refreshing read. I look forward to reading the extra chapter that can be obtained at the author's website as well as her only other adult novel to date, Loves Me, Loves Me Not.
Chelsea
Dec 19, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The antics to get fired had me laughing every other page. Anne and ken discovering themselves and each other was lovely.
Lawrence
Jun 05, 2009 Lawrence is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Slow going at the start, I am hoping it picks up. Just a filler until Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum) comes out in mid june.
Kioko
Aug 04, 2011 Kioko rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious. This isn't anything deep with underlying themes--it's simply a fun summer, romantic read where I found myself laughing out loud at parts.
Lisa
May 09, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and silly. Very quick read. Would be a good beach book.
Melissa
Dec 30, 2011 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
I had to force myself to finish it.
Kelly
Dec 03, 2009 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As Elena warned, it STUNK. So much so that I gave it up. So not worth the time. Terrible writing, terrible editing. Thanks, Elena, for keeping me from spending any money on it. :)
Amy Weber
It's a cute on the beach, in bed for weekend, on a trip read.
Anderson
Apr 29, 2009 Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the manuscript and designed the book cover. I really liked this book, so much that I will be re-reading the published version as well. The characters really resonated with me.
Preet
Preet rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Kelly Katherine
Kelly Katherine rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2015
Vanessa Amador
Vanessa Amador rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Yaninne Lara
Yaninne Lara rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2009
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2013
Rhonda Cook
Rhonda Cook rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2011