Start by marking “The Master's Pet” as Want to Read:
The Master's Pet

The Master's Pet

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  504 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The world is in ruins, society divided into those who protect and those who need protection. That protection comes at a price, one that Jiri discovers when he's sold to Zane, leader of the Death Dealers.

He's shocked when Zane explains he wants Jiri as his own personal sex pet. But Jiri can't deny he's intrigued by Zane's proposal.

He wears the collar and leash Zane provides
Published October 30th 2009 by Siren Publishing (October 30, 2009) (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Master's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master's Pet

JenMcJ
3.5 stars. The story based on a future of such instablitity should have been a more tense, darker somehow.

The D/s relationship could have been stronger as well.
Nicole
I've decided that I wont be reading anymore books by this author. I was initially attracted to them because they contain a lot of tropes that work for me. However, the writing is just not good, none of her books really have been. While I can sometimes still enjoy my reading experience despite the quality being poor, I just don't have enough time in the day to be spending reading bad books. The author contradicts herself several times, and there is no depth or substance. Reading this is like just ...more
Gwengwel
xbmbgrl
Jiri is working as a mechanic after a virus nearly wiped out most of humanity. Strength is the ruler of all. The strong rule and the weak are ruled. Jiri is ruled by Larry, his stepfather, who uses him as basic slave labor until Larry crosses someone stronger than he is. Zane is a biker gang leader. The strongest of the strong in the area. He takes one look at Jiri and makes a deal to buy him for his own.

Jiri is pretty sheltered and doesn’t understand all that being owned by Zane will entail bu
Murmurella
There are two main characters: Zane, a big scary biker (I assume he's scary, there is no description of him anywhere in the book), and a drop dead gorgeous, though malnutritioned and abused, Jiri. Zane saves Jiri from his abusive stepfather under pretense of collecting a debt and makes him his "pet" mostly to keep poor boy from harm.

There are also Night Dwellers - mutants, who destroy and kill just for the joy of it and Zane takes Jiri to his town where people live in relative safety.

Set up see
Maya
2.5 Stars.
This book had so much potential to be an interesting, gritty read yet it never delivered. The post apocalyptic world that they lived in was never really explored and the MC Zane, leader of the Death Dealers? I've seen bunny rabbits that were tougher. This is a bit of fluff that never really goes anywhere.
Sherry
Uh.....after posting the review, I reread it. Yeah, not quite as engaging as I remembered it. /sigh and face palm/ Down to 1.75 stars and that's probably generous.
______________
2.5

I actually kinda like this one; I know, I'm surprised too!

The story isn't an entirely new idea (post-apocalypse type event) and the writer's formula remains the same - if you've read one, you've read them all - but I did enjoy it. The story is just enough different than her usual trope that it triggered my interest.

Jir
Timeforme
I liked this story with its post apocalyptic setting that was a bit reminiscent of the Andromeda Strain. The world is a dark place after a disease has killed or mutated most humans and not much is left for the remaining humans to enjoy. So Jiri, a mechanic for his step father, doesn't have much to look forward to until Zane and his motorcycle gang take him away from his abusive situation and he becomes Zane's pet (or sex pet, as he prefers to be called).

I liked Jiri and Zane as main characters a
Melanie
Stormy Glenn is one of my go to authors when I'm PMS'ing, when I'm too hormonal to read anything emotional.
Normally I rather enjoy them.

This one did my f*cking head in though.
The story sounded interesting enough, kinda like the 2002 movie 28 Days Later.
But bloody hell there was absolutely no need for the amount of times the characters were referred to by name.
At the beginning of a chapter there were 24 lines of which "Zane" was written on 16 of them! My kindle app couldn't even count the amou
Lisa
Im sorry, all of this was just too unrealistic for me and half of the book didn't make any sense. A 20 year old boy who dosen't know what a boner feels like? eeehm... And im supposed to belive that Zane is the leader of the most feared gang in a post-apocalyptic world? em, no. I didn't belive that for a second.

The writing is not very good either..

But if you don't mind that and you want to read a book just for the sex then you are good to go!
Janean
Read as part of my July Category Challenge. This was an interesting take on a post-apocalyptic world. Zane and Jiri's interactions were quite interesting as Master and Pet. By the end of the book, you definitely know just who owns who. As an aside, Slash and Ben's relationship really intrigued me, I would be interested in reading more about them.
Sylvia
If you (just like me) like the idea, but didn't like the poor writing, I recommend "Hajiri's Pet" by Auburnimp and Michael Barnette. Maybe I'm, crazy or something, but "Master's Pet" seems like an ugly younger sister of the above. So simmilar, but still different in the negative sense of this word.
Roxanne
This would obviously be better as a longer book as the whole night dwellers thing kinda gets swept under the carpet, and its a bit rushed and you never really get the full idea, but other than that its quite a sweet read.
Nicole
This one was another gem, surprisingly. The relationship between the two is what drives the story. There is no other extravagant plot.

Again, if you do not appreciate M/M erotic love scenes then this one is not for you.
CB
Very sexy, entertaining short story. It did not feel too rushed but the plot and characters actually had enough story to them that it could have been much longer and more developed.
Grandmat
A lot of elements that irk me, like instant love. I'm just not the romantic type, but inspite of all that, I enjoyed this one far more than I expected. Gotta try this author again.
Noor
very nice and cute story, the characters are also very nice and interesting, i love how the story is short but so well writen that we don't feel the fast bast and enjoy the story
Michael Davis
Horrible. Simply rubbish. Was hoping something would happen that redeemed this book but was disappointed all the way to the end.
Lola
I don't know why I'm a sucker for Stormy Glenn's so generic and stereotypical books, but I love them!
Vfields is fighting to be Happy!
This is the book that made me start to want more from M/M romance.
Nikko
I totally loved it!!
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Love's Deceit (Warrior Camp, #1)
  • Velvet Need (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Tasty Treats, Volume 3 (Includes: Wolf Creek Pack, #3, Includes: Triple Trouble, #.1)
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Adwaka's Blade (Lady Blue Crew, #4)
  • Master Of Obsidian (Master Chronicles, #1)
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Gatekeeper
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...
Full Moon Mating (Wolf Creek Pack, #1) Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2) The Cat’s Meow  (Assassin's Pride, #1) Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2) Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1)