Start by marking “The Master's Pet” as Want to Read:
The Master's Pet

The Master's Pet

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  547 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The world is in ruins, society divided into those who protect and those who need protection. That protection comes at a price, one that Jiri discovers when he's sold to Zane, leader of the Death Dealers.

He's shocked when Zane explains he wants Jiri as his own personal sex pet. But Jiri can't deny he's intrigued by Zane's proposal.

He wears the collar and leash Zane provides
Published October 30th 2009 by Siren Publishing (October 30, 2009) (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Master's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master's Pet

JenMcJ
3.5 stars. The story based on a future of such instablitity should have been a more tense, darker somehow.

The D/s relationship could have been stronger as well.
Nicole
Mar 06, 2013 Nicole rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've decided that I wont be reading anymore books by this author. I was initially attracted to them because they contain a lot of tropes that work for me. However, the writing is just not good, none of her books really have been. While I can sometimes still enjoy my reading experience despite the quality being poor, I just don't have enough time in the day to be spending reading bad books. The author contradicts herself several times, and there is no depth or substance. Reading this is like just ...more
Gwengwel
xbmbgrl
Jiri is working as a mechanic after a virus nearly wiped out most of humanity. Strength is the ruler of all. The strong rule and the weak are ruled. Jiri is ruled by Larry, his stepfather, who uses him as basic slave labor until Larry crosses someone stronger than he is. Zane is a biker gang leader. The strongest of the strong in the area. He takes one look at Jiri and makes a deal to buy him for his own.

Jiri is pretty sheltered and doesn’t understand all that being owned by Zane will entail bu
M'rella
There are two main characters: Zane, a big scary biker (I assume he's scary, there is no description of him anywhere in the book), and a drop dead gorgeous, though malnutritioned and abused, Jiri. Zane saves Jiri from his abusive stepfather under pretense of collecting a debt and makes him his "pet" mostly to keep poor boy from harm.

There are also Night Dwellers - mutants, who destroy and kill just for the joy of it and Zane takes Jiri to his town where people live in relative safety.

Set up see
Sunshinewrinkley
* 4,5 Stars :D
Maya
Jul 11, 2011 Maya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars.
This book had so much potential to be an interesting, gritty read yet it never delivered. The post apocalyptic world that they lived in was never really explored and the MC Zane, leader of the Death Dealers? I've seen bunny rabbits that were tougher. This is a bit of fluff that never really goes anywhere.
Sherry
Aug 05, 2012 Sherry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Uh.....after posting the review, I reread it. Yeah, not quite as engaging as I remembered it. /sigh and face palm/ Down to 1.75 stars and that's probably generous.
______________
2.5

I actually kinda like this one; I know, I'm surprised too!

The story isn't an entirely new idea (post-apocalypse type event) and the writer's formula remains the same - if you've read one, you've read them all - but I did enjoy it. The story is just enough different than her usual trope that it triggered my interest.

Jir
Timeforme
I liked this story with its post apocalyptic setting that was a bit reminiscent of the Andromeda Strain. The world is a dark place after a disease has killed or mutated most humans and not much is left for the remaining humans to enjoy. So Jiri, a mechanic for his step father, doesn't have much to look forward to until Zane and his motorcycle gang take him away from his abusive situation and he becomes Zane's pet (or sex pet, as he prefers to be called).

I liked Jiri and Zane as main characters a
Keyla
Jul 20, 2015 Keyla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia entretenida. Un mundo post-apocalíptico en el que los más fuertes destruyen a los más debiles, las alianzas entre este par de grupos es muy importante. La historia considero que fue muy simple, lo interesante es el mundo que propone la autora.
Melanie
Nov 26, 2014 Melanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stormy Glenn is one of my go to authors when I'm PMS'ing, when I'm too hormonal to read anything emotional.
Normally I rather enjoy them.

This one did my f*cking head in though.
The story sounded interesting enough, kinda like the 2002 movie 28 Days Later.
But bloody hell there was absolutely no need for the amount of times the characters were referred to by name.
At the beginning of a chapter there were 24 lines of which "Zane" was written on 16 of them! My kindle app couldn't even count the amou
Lisa
Im sorry, all of this was just too unrealistic for me and half of the book didn't make any sense. A 20 year old boy who dosen't know what a boner feels like? eeehm... And im supposed to belive that Zane is the leader of the most feared gang in a post-apocalyptic world? em, no. I didn't belive that for a second.

The writing is not very good either..

But if you don't mind that and you want to read a book just for the sex then you are good to go!
Janean
Read as part of my July Category Challenge. This was an interesting take on a post-apocalyptic world. Zane and Jiri's interactions were quite interesting as Master and Pet. By the end of the book, you definitely know just who owns who. As an aside, Slash and Ben's relationship really intrigued me, I would be interested in reading more about them.
Roxanne
Jul 26, 2010 Roxanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
This would obviously be better as a longer book as the whole night dwellers thing kinda gets swept under the carpet, and its a bit rushed and you never really get the full idea, but other than that its quite a sweet read.
Nicole
Jun 21, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-glbt
This one was another gem, surprisingly. The relationship between the two is what drives the story. There is no other extravagant plot.

Again, if you do not appreciate M/M erotic love scenes then this one is not for you.
CB
Jan 05, 2015 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sexy, entertaining short story. It did not feel too rushed but the plot and characters actually had enough story to them that it could have been much longer and more developed.
Grandmat
Dec 04, 2011 Grandmat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
A lot of elements that irk me, like instant love. I'm just not the romantic type, but inspite of all that, I enjoyed this one far more than I expected. Gotta try this author again.
Noor
Jul 03, 2011 Noor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, alien, r-have
very nice and cute story, the characters are also very nice and interesting, i love how the story is short but so well writen that we don't feel the fast bast and enjoy the story
Michael Davis
Jan 30, 2013 Michael Davis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible. Simply rubbish. Was hoping something would happen that redeemed this book but was disappointed all the way to the end.
Lola
Jun 29, 2011 Lola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I'm a sucker for Stormy Glenn's so generic and stereotypical books, but I love them!
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This is the book that made me start to want more from M/M romance.
Nikko
Rejar Tia Nikita
Rejar Tia Nikita marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Yessica Garcia
Yessica Garcia marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Loredana Raccanello
Loredana Raccanello rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Micki
Micki rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Flaming
Flaming rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Camila Mosquera
Camila Mosquera rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Velvet Need (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • Dragon Mine (North American Dragon #1)
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Gatekeeper
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Squire (Indigo Knights, #1)
  • Wishbone
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...