2010: Take Back America: A Battle Plan

2010: Take Back America: A Battle Plan

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Casting your vote in the november 2010 election may be the single most important thing you do all year.

Because these elections Will be the critical turning point for america’s future.

They’re our chance to take back america.

We stand at the crossroads of ideals and policies: freedom versus socialism; sovereignty versus international subservience; economic liberty versus debt...more
Published April 13th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books

Brian
As a political junkie I enjoyed this book a lot. Dick a former Asst. to Clinton writes with insider information and experience that makes his views important to read and digest. He obviously has changed parties, realizing that the Democrats have moved to far left he now calls himself a Republican and makes the case for how we take back congress in Nov. 2010.

There was so much here, on every page you have info you may not know, even myself who pays pretty close attention was stunned at the info a...more
Richard
Apr 22, 2010 Richard rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: political types
Dick Morris used to write entertaining books about the Clintons. He isn't nearly so entertaining when he writes advocacy pieces about economic and social policy. I know he is an intelligent and sometimes insightful man, but too often I get the feeling he is telling it like he wants it to be, instead of how it is.

Sometimes, his assertions are clearly false. At one point, he says that your itemized deductions are a credit against your income taxes due. (Actually, these deductions often, but not al...more
David
In his Inaugural Address, President Obama called on Americans to recognize their duties in "a new era of responsibility." He then proceeded to usher in the most fiscally irresponsible era of government in American history, all the while betting an ambitious, sweeping political agenda on the economic ignorance, ideological bias and misplaced trust of a distracted and worried electorate. The rest is already history. Dick Morris and Eileen McGann write in this excellent book, "[Americans] used to b...more
Sally
This book was written before the 2010 primaries. Reading it for the first time now makes for interesting reading, as we now know what Morris and McGann got right and what they got wrong.

There are four sections. Each draws heavily on polls, research and personal experience. Morris uses his experience as Bill Clinton's political advisor for 20 years, including examples of how Clinto won elections. The second section is about the potentially vulnerable targets in the House and Senate. Section four...more
Lisa
First of all, I love Dick Morris! His insights are right on, and this one is no exception. However, it is a how to manual for conservatives, not a persuasive conservative take on reality that no intelligent liberal could possibly disagree with in private (only in public to keep up appearances with their liberal pals). That's where he shines--he is probably one of the most astute political commentators of our day. He knows what makes the Left tick, because he was an insider among their ranks duri...more
Michael
Amazing and scary book. No question, slanted to the right, but if only 50% of this book is accurate, we are in for a rude awakening in the next few years. I know that elections are very important and I love being able to vote. If only everyone would read up on the candidates that run for office before making any decisions and randomly voting. We really do decide who is going to represent us, whether we do or do not vote!
Don
This book was to the 2010 elections what the "Contract with America" was to the 1994 elections. In my opinion, this is what Dick Morris does best: highlights the faults and weaknesses of incumbents on the left and rallies the other side with specifics to use to "throw the bums out". If he writes another book like this for 2012 it very easily could end up longer than "War and Peace".
ms.petra
I really like to stay informed politically and try to read/listen to books from every different viewpoint. This one however, I just couldn't get into it. It seems the far right and the far left are more concerned with bashing their opponents than they are with addressing the issues and trying to solve the problems. It is hard being a Libertarian in a two party world.
Bob Barrett
I actually couldn't finish reading the book. I agree with alot of what Dick Morris says on TV, but sometimes I feel that Conservatives portray too much of a gloom and doom scenario. The world is going to come to an end if the Democrats control the government. I just found I couldn't hang in there and read to the end. The book left me wanting. Maybe 2 starts is 2 generous.
Linda
fodder for those seeking the seating of Republicans in up-coming elections more for the sake of unseating Democrats; more politics for its own sake rather than people who will find solutions to our problems. The Republicans used every known tactic to load the Capital during the Bush administration and look what they gave us!
Naomi
A very simple laid out plan..that was pretty much followed and fell into place roughly the way he said it would be. I love Morris' insight into politics in America today..I tend to follow him most out of all the commentators and have only seen him be wrong in his assessment a couple of times.
Ryan Manganiello
Anyone looking for a great Book pertaining to the mid-term elections coming up this November, and isn't sure who they should or shouldn't vote for should use this Book as guide to assist them in making their decision. Outstanding Book!!!
Aubry
Used speed reading to skim this one, but I got the gist of it; we need to use our social networking skills to spread the word and be our own personal campaign managers in 2010.

Some good ideas in here.
Jason
Audio Book, Listened to this during my trip to Africa in Sept 2010. I found this to be an interesting read (listen) leading up to the 2010 midterm elections.
Neal
Paints a good picture of america today.
Mark Wagner
Hystoricel... (NO, that is not a typo)
Tom
Tom added it
Dec 28, 2013
Christopher Grear
Christopher Grear marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dick Morris, the President of Vote.com, was President Clinton's chief strategist and advisor in the 1996 campaign. He has handled the campaigns of a large number of American politicians including Trent Lott, William Weld, Pete Wilson and a whole lot of others. He's now a commentator on the Fox News Channel and writes a weekly column in the New York Post. He has written four recent books: Behind th...more
More about Dick Morris...
Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us...and What to Do About It Catastrophe Rewriting History Outrage: How Liberals, Congress, Unions, Drug Companies, Big Oil, Banks, Lobbyists, Corporations, the United Nations, the World Bank, the INS, the TSA, and the Democratic Party Are Ripping Because He Could