Start by marking “In Too Deep” as Want to Read:
In Too Deep

In Too Deep (Summer Of Scandals #2)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  569 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
A fabulous summer two-in-one--twice the scandal all in one unforgettable volume!"Husband Material" by Brenda Jackson

"Beware the jilted husband: " Matthew Birmingham never played fair...especially when it came to his ex-wife. When she moved across the country, he moved back to their estate--back to their bedroom--determined to win back her love...by any means necessary.

"The
Published July 13th 2010 by Silhouette Books (first published June 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In Too Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Too Deep

KBeautiful1
Apr 19, 2015 KBeautiful1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two great stories by authors Brenda Jackson and Olivia Gates.

"Husband Material by Brenda Jackson"

Matthew Birmingham is an award winning Hollywood director had believed he married the love of his life, the woman who he would spend the rest of his life with but after three years of marriage it ended with him being served divorce papers by his wife Carmen Birmingham. Totally devastated he agrees to the divorce and now lives on the west coast.

Carmen Birmingham is an Oscar winning actress who was on
Lady Raven RAVE!
Brenda Jackson

Live the story it's about a man and a wife who is divorce finding their way back to each other. They first got divorce because Carmen thought Matthew spent too much time wrapped up I. Work and not enough time with her. Not a bad read it's a quick short story, they were going at it like hot wild teenagers so that's not a bad thing.

Olivia Gates

Adham and sabrina's story was a bit ok, when it starts the couple seem normal then Adham was treating Sabrina cold and it was a bit frustratin
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Jul 06, 2011 RomReader *Spoiler Giver* rated it really liked it
Husband Material by Brenda Jackson:
Famous actress changes her mind about leaving her director ex-husband's summerhouse when he shows up to stay there as well b/c she wants to stop running away when things get tough in their r/s. Both Hero & heroine plan to seduce each other & then leave when the other gets hot & bothered. But their seductive maneuvers only result in a hot affair, which serves to make them realize how much in love they still are with one another. However, they have to
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Jan 26, 2013 Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews rated it it was amazing
I've only read The Sheikh's Bartered Bride by Olivia Gates which is the second story in this book.
All I can say is wow! Can this woman write an extremely intense novel or what?! Every page had me hanging on edge to find out how this will all pan out. I was turning the pages with fervour and looooved every minute of this story.
A fabulous read! Love Oluvia Gates.
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for book lovers and readers

Brenda Jackson

Olivia Gates

Christa Runge
Jan 27, 2012 Christa Runge rated it really liked it
The Sheikh's Bargained Bride by Olivia Gates
When Sheihk Adham ben Khaleel ben Haamed Aal Ferjana noticed Sabrina Grant, she thought her dreams had come true. After 6 weeks of courting, he asked her to marry him. But after the wedding he didn’t touch her. Since her father died on their wedding night, maybe he was just giving her time to grieve. But on a trip to the Hamptons he was the loving husband. When she found out the romance was because of a bargain struck between her father and Adham it ex
Ladyacct
Feb 06, 2012 Ladyacct rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts
Both shorts were great although they would have made even better longer stories. I missed the first book in this series but I was not aware it was part of one.
Judie
Jul 19, 2012 Judie rated it really liked it
If you're up for a light, feel-good read, this is one of your best bets. Very easy to flip through, no stress. :)
Nina
May 10, 2014 Nina rated it liked it
Husband Material by Brenda Jackson: **4 Stars**

The Shiekh's Bargained Bride by Olivia Gates: **2 Stars**
Lena Kyrollos
Apr 23, 2012 Lena Kyrollos rated it really liked it
Ms Jackson's book was OK I guess, just very predictable. Ms. Gates's book was amazing and twisty as usual!
Shone
Jun 30, 2011 Shone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance junkies
Not only were these two great romance stories. I learned about horses and the sport of polo.
Taz Will
Jun 11, 2014 Taz Will rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Matthew and Carmen's story it was just too short. Them being stuck together was great though, it forced them to interact and admit that they still wanted each other. Once they started it was hot and steamy. Great read.

Adham had me fooled, I thought he was really in love with Sabrina. Then when it all came to light I just knew she was in on it in some kind of way. I enjoyed her standing up to him but he didn't have to blow up their situation to the world. I'd love to hear what happened
Maire
Jul 13, 2010 Maire rated it it was amazing
The Sheikh’s Bargained Bride by Olivia Gates
Sheikh Adham Aal Ferjani of Khumayrah & Sabrina Grant
This is the fourth novella story out of six in the Summer for Scandal Series set in the Hamptons in New York.
Sheikh Adham Aal Ferjani is the typical alpha supreme male. He is not as alpha as he will soon find out. Adham has struck a bargain with Sabrina Grant’s father who is heavily in debt. He will pay his debts and in return Adham will marry the virginal Sabrina. Unbeknownst to Sabrina naively
Joyce Freeman
May 18, 2015 Joyce Freeman rated it really liked it
Brenda Jackson is absolutely one of my favorite writers. I love the way she brings out a love story and is able to bring you in to the story in such a way that you feel like you're actually living the story. I could definitely understand the main characters feelings about being alone when her husband wasn't around in her time of need I could definitely empathize with her.
Kaffi
May 12, 2014 Kaffi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~!~ 2 quick romantic reads for the price of one ~!~

2 for 1...who can ask for more? Oh yeah, you can ask for them to BOTH be good - and boy are these good! There is no reason to review each book separately, because what it all boils down to is: both books have the same strengths, just in different ways.
Both of these stories share these awesome qualities:
*Well written and edited
*H and h that you care about
*Great storyline that keeps you from putting the book down
*Hot sex scenes
*Quick read to give
Dorel
May 19, 2014 Dorel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this set of books the story lines are really good. I really liked the hot & steamy scenes. In the first book I felt sorry for the main characters. I really liked how both books ended. I really liked how this set introduced me to author Olivia Gates I would love to read more books by her.
Jasbell76
Feb 01, 2015 Jasbell76 rated it it was amazing
I only read the story by Olivia Gates (one of my fav authors) this was my first book by her, I loved it. 5 stars!!!
Debra Odom
Oct 04, 2014 Debra Odom rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a steamy romance book and it is a quick read, this is the book for you.
Marie
Jun 03, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing
Wow, this one was a page turner from beginning to end, I am still trying
to decide which book I liked the most. As a Brenda Jackson fan, this
was a refreshing new story from her. While I enjoy all her series, it
is good to read a fresh new book with a twist that you do not see in any
of her other books. And I always enjoy a story of renewed love. As for
Ms. Gates, this is my first time reading any of her work and it was a
good book to start with. They are both treasures for fans of the genre,
th
Natasha Frazier
Jan 09, 2015 Natasha Frazier rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed both stories! Both Brenda and Olivia did a great job with the stories. I love romance novels so I enjoyed reading the issues of the characters in Brenda and Olivia's stories. Olivia's story was a little different than any one that I've previously read. I couldn't put the book down. I'm a romantic at heart so I enjoyed falling in love with someone else's love story. :-)
LaTonya
Two good reads in one book! I enjoyed both stories and this was a quick read. As usual, I always enjoy reading Brenda Jackson's love stories and Husband Material didn't disappoint. This was my first time reading anything by Olivia Gates and I was pleased with The Sheikh's Bargained Bride and I definitely plan on reading more from her.
Theresa
Mar 09, 2012 Theresa rated it liked it
Husband Material was an average read. The Sheikh's Bargained Bride, even though I prefer Olivia Gates' full length sheikh book, was still great.
Mariah
Mar 08, 2012 Mariah rated it liked it
LOVED The Sheikh's Bargained Bride, by Olivia Gates. Husband Material by Brenda Jackson though, not so much.
Tanya Mayes
Apr 13, 2013 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-desire
really enjoyed both books wanted more the books were to short.
Darlene
Jul 23, 2012 Darlene rated it liked it

I give this short story a 3.5.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
It all about what you can't have x2.
Cf
Jun 15, 2013 Cf rated it it was ok
Ok.
Jov
Jov added it
Jun 22, 2016
Debbie Smith
Debbie Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
andrea zeigler
andrea zeigler rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
  • Billionaire, M.D.
  • Tempt Me at Midnight
  • Lovers Premiere
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • Once In A Lifetime
  • Lone Star Seduction (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Maverick County Millionaires #6)
  • Man Of Fortune
  • Cross My Heart (Coles Family, #2)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover #2)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Summer Of Scandals (3 books)
  • Secrets, Lies...and Seduction
  • Winning It All (Silhouette Desire)