When We Practice To Deceive

When We Practice To Deceive

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A deadly courtroom battle becomes a real-life nightmare for two women, both lawyers, one black, one passing for white. Gloria Mallette spins a suspenseful tale as the surface calm begins to crack with plot twists and turns leading to a shocking truth.
Published June 1st 1995 by Holloway House

To ask other readers questions about When We Practice To Deceive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Practice To Deceive

Mohammad Khan.ch.
Apr 15, 2009 Mohammad Khan.ch. marked it as to-read
dear Gloria,

I am your fan. My name is Professor Mohammad Khan Hastal from Pakistan. we are old friends from shelfari.com

we can share with each others. I am also a writer of a book named "The Unfathomable Vastness of God""which is a great book in fact !!!!!!!

we can work for each others . No fear at all. I am avery good muslim and my faith in God and our prophet is very much strong.

we are good friends and with any fear , you can come close to me.

regards and love,

yours,

khan.waiting!!!!!!!!!!
Londa
This was a quick and good read. The readers are introduced to two cousins who are both attorneys working on opposite sides of the justice system. One of the cousins had a deep secret and would do almost anything to keep it. How far she goes is shocking and disturbing. This is a modern story of 'passing' and it deals with that subject as deeply as I expected in such a short book. Many of the outcomes were predictable, but still overall I enjoyed it and would recommend it!
Raising Brown Girls
Raising Brown Girls marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Denise Cooper
Denise Cooper marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
L Johnson
L Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Sharon Harris
Sharon Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Kerith Martin
Kerith Martin marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
MShe
MShe marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
April
April marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Keke Chanel
Keke Chanel marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
(SEE VIDEO below)

2007 was a wonderful year for me. Although I have been published by major mainstream publishers, this year I chose to return to the self-publishing arena (Living, Breathing Lies) in order to continue to write the stories I like to write. I am so appreciative of those readers who have continued to read my books despite who my publisher is. I always say, "Never let anyone tell you t...more
More about Gloria Mallette...
The Honey Well Shades of Jade (Strivers Row) What's Done In The Dark Promises to Keep Weeping Willows Dance