Start by marking “Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance” as Want to Read:
Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance

Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance (Runaways #6)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,091 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
The return of the Pride The secret super-villain society is back, but this all-new group isn't made up of the Runaways' evil parents. Who are these shadowy players, and what do they want with the Marvel Universe's next generation of heroes? Plus: When the youngest member of the Runaways is separated from her teammates, Molly Hayes must survive a night alone on the mean str ...more
Published July 28th 2010 by Marvel (first published October 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Runaways, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaways, Vol. 6

Scarlet Cameo
Dec 08, 2015 Scarlet Cameo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can you do when the past return to take revenge? Well, maybe you will try to fix it as soon as you can and be loyal to you mates, Right? This isn't exactly what happen here, we have, as in other numbers, a little hormonal thing happen around that, at her age, only can finish with a fight. When they "fix" that thing the story continue as good as always.

This number is the one that significances a point of break in the life of these guys, yes, the first issue was that too but, How can you cont
Amanda
James
Jan 28, 2008 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the runaways, written by brian k. vaughan, is absolutely one of the best new comic series in recent memory. the story of a group of kids, each possesing their own unique powers, who find out their parents are supervillians and decide to run away from home to do something about it, is filled with the kind of teenage angst and allegory that the classic superhero books are drowning in(spider-man & the x-men, anyone?).

not to mention the artwork (in this collection all done by adrian alphona), wh
Dan
Oct 14, 2015 Dan rated it really liked it
Whoopsie I've already read this...I think I read it in an omnibus format, and that's why I didn't recognize it. But worth checking out if you have not read this series.
Gervan
Apr 01, 2015 Gervan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
I don't really understand the significance of ch 13 in the entire volume of things. Otherwise, great stuff as always.
Mersini
It got better again. The story involves bringing Alex's dad back which means danger to the runaways.

First, I need to express my love for Nico's outfits.

Second, my love for Karolina's colour scheme. And the fact that she came back.

Third, I need to ask what the fuck is up with he subtle transphobia in this book? Is it necessary to have Xavin be a boy before they turn back into a girl? If they're identifying as female and a shapeshifter, I don't see why they have to keep transforming into a male
Fizzgig76
Reprints Runaways (2) #13-18 (April 2006-September 2006). First, Molly finds herself lost and on her own in the seedy side of Los Angeles. When she meets up with another group of Runaways, she learns that someone else is controlling them. Then, one of the Runaways greatest enemies has returned…for the first time. When a younger version of Geoffrey Wilder teams with Alex Wilder’s internet friends, he sets out to destroy the Runaways once and for all. The Runaways have become the hunted and one wi ...more
Kiwi
Mar 21, 2015 Kiwi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Clarisse
Aug 17, 2015 Clarisse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scribd, 2015-comics
Oh my gosh :((
Brianna
This book was really good for what it was, but I wasn't in love with it! I think for me, as the series continues I'm starting to enjoy it less and less. I'm finding the storyline is getting more confusing because it adds more parts to the story, or sub-plots as you may call them. We're introducing new characters and it often jumps back and forth between storylines which I find quite frustrating. Eventually I am finding out the meaning behind some of the sub-plots but there a still some parts tha ...more
William Redd
Sep 29, 2014 William Redd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the Parental Guidance storyline, the Vaughan is back on top. We start off with a Molly one-off where she is knocked into the water and taken by a former professor turned wannabe Fagin who forces children to steal for him. We get to see Molly take charge for once and it's nice to see.

The rest of the issues in this run bring the behind-the-scenes antagonists from the start of this series into the light. We meet this secondary Pride, find out who they are, and what they plan to do. Unfortunate
Patrick
Nov 11, 2014 Patrick rated it really liked it
This is as close as any volume so far has gotten to the ending of that first series...and it's all because they went back to the beginning.

WHen these books are the weakest is when they rely on the bigger world and set characters from other books, that we all "know." I don't mind them in passing, and I don't mind when there's jokes about NY. But I want this to stand on its own. And this does. You feel every step of the journey here, BECAUSE it's so personal.

Because Vaughan can constantly lead yo
Kate
Aug 18, 2011 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Runaways: parental guidance Vol 6 #13-18

Art: Hideous even by manga standers the proportions of some of the characters looked like bobble heads the artwork was garish and no gust artist to make it better F

Characters: The gang is all here the drama is heighten high. Nico's secret kiss with chase is out, chase and Gertrude well you'll have to read to see. Characters come back and someone dies as well as new characters being introduced the characters here don't really change much personality wise. T
Emily Green
I keep giving Runaways a chance, and I have to admit that the biggest reason is that they have a few of the titles at the remaindered bookstore. Wah-wah (trumpet sound). Ah, well. In any case, unless they get more in, this is the very last title of the series that they have. So, I might be done with Runaways, as I cannot see my paying full-price for a title. Sorry, but true.

In this volume, Molly has been kidnapped by a modern day Fagin who is holding several other non-powerful runaways hostage
Emily
Aug 17, 2009 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the sixth volume of collected Runaways graphic novel stories. The basic premise of Runaways: six kids, mostly teenagers, are thrown together once a year because their parents are all friends and have a yearly meeting. But this year, the kids accidentally witness their parents’ “meeting” and see them killing a girl. It turns out that the six sets of parents make up “The Pride,” a group of super-villains who rule Los Angles and most of the west coast. Disgusted by what their parents are, t ...more
Trebro
Dec 28, 2007 Trebro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tradepaperbacks
This particular trade may have the world's most deceptive cover. The Runaways are playing happily in a green field, oblivious of all their cares. The insides could not be more different.

We start in media res with our youngest member captured by an evil man with the power to turn others into stone. However, showing her own strength, bother literal and figurative, she frees herself--only to get grounded!

That's just a filler piece to the main event, which features the return of one of the Pride, wh
Mairi
Mar 15, 2015 Mairi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun Runaways story. Karolina returns, although we get less of her thoughts about what her life as become than I'd like. The main story provided a nice tie back to the original Runaways plot. While the ending was tragic, for whatever reason it didn't have the same emotional impact to me as I would have hoped. (Perhaps, because this being comics, dead people aren't always necessarily dead. Maybe this'll be an exception.)
Shera (Book Whispers)
The first bit felt off with Moly getting her own adventure, but after that things are great! Oh, and the Runaway that dies? Smooth move. They were duping readers from the start. Bravo. Though, I'm really sad about it because I loved the character and I really-really-really wanted to see more grown up versions of said character.

Clearly things are changing and the evil "Victorious" option is teasing me!
Christopher Mclean
This one starts off a little weakly imo but really does come home strongly in the end. For me this is around the time the series starts to fall down a little bit from is previous, continually excellent standard. In particular the Molly story this collection starts out with feels out of place and goes very predictably.
Sylvester
The New Pride is formed to undermine the Runaways, the kids gets a surprise visit and one of them dies. Thank you Vaughan for killing the most annoying kid in the series, thank you so much. Though, Nico is such a slag, that really decreases her likeability even though she's still my fav.
Craig
Jun 26, 2015 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one starts a bit more slowly than the previous volumes, but soon catches up to the familiar pace. Vaughn's writing is crisp and his dialog clever. Alphona's art is enjoyable, but the covers are distinctly inferior to the earlier volumes. The book is still a very worthwhile read.
Robert Beveridge
Brian K. Vaughan, Runaways: Parental Guidance (Marvel, 2006)

After the pronouncement of doom in the final panel of the last volume, Vaughan picks up the story arc of the second Runaways series again in a novel way—a group of Alex's old online MMORPG buddies stumble upon what they believe to be a way to go back in time and snatch him an instant before his death. They go back a little too far, unfortunately, and they get a whole lot more than they bargained for. Meanwhile, things get really, really
Taha
Dec 27, 2015 Taha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bu serinin gidişatını tahmin etmek gerçekten imkansız. Ters köşelerle dolu, üstün zeka ürünü bir seri gerçekten. Daha cildin başında, sonunda ne olacağını söylemesine rağmen bu kadar şaşırmayı ben bile beklemiyordum:)
Ellie
Apr 02, 2015 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphics
My love for this series just keeps growing. Can't wait to see how the change in authorship will affect the plot and characters...
Caitlin
In Volume 6, the Runaways find out who has been leading the new Pride which has been keeping tabs on them and lose one of their members in a nasty confrontation with their enemies. While I liked the confrontation and the problems it presents for the Runaways, there was too much teen drama in this one for me. (view spoiler) ...more
Talia
Nov 18, 2014 Talia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I like Runaways, but I just don't feel connected to the characters in the way that I do with series like Young Avengers and Hawkeye.
Rebecca Roberts
Jan 27, 2016 Rebecca Roberts rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I can't wait to read more of these guys.
velma
Aug 02, 2015 velma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
WHAT THe @#$% I CANNOT beliEVE THey (view spoiler)

*aggressively acquires the next volume*
Aprilj328
A Runaway returns and one is lost in the final battle with an old enemy. MS/HS
Corinnagoodwin
Dec 02, 2015 Corinnagoodwin rated it did not like it
I read vol 4 then vol 6 (which is wrong)because that would make seance right? wrong
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (Young Avengers, #2)
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 4: Legacy
  • Dark Reign: Young Avengers
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 1: Shellshocked
  • X-Factor: Life and Death Matters
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Runaways (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Runaways, Vol. 1: Pride and Joy (Runaways, #1)
  • Runaways, Vol. 2: Teenage Wasteland (Runaways, #2)
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: The Good Die Young (Runaways, #3)
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York (Runaways, #5)
  • Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast (Runaways, #7)
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9)
  • Runaways, Vol. 10: Rock Zombies (Runaways, #10)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)

“Grown-Ups are usually guilty of something” 0 likes
“My parents told me to be careful of you. That's how I knew you were the onyly one of us we could trust with our lives.” 0 likes