Start by marking “Cinnamon” as Want to Read:
Cinnamon

Cinnamon (Shooting Stars #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  2,232 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Cinnamon loves the shadows, because that's where no one can find her...
For Cinnamon, dreaming of imaginary worlds and characters is her only escape from her mother's breakdowns. Her grandmother's overbearing control. Her family's turmoil. But Cinnamon is discovering something special about herself, a gift from deep within that sets her apart: a talent for the theater tha
243 pages
Published 2005 by Éditions France Loisirs (first published July 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Cinnamon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinnamon

rebellyell666
Inhalt:

Im ersten Band der Shooting-Star-Saga von V. C. Andrews, die schon als Ghostwriter-Reihe veröffentlicht worden ist, geht es um die junge Cinnamon, die ein träumerisches und melancholisches Leben führt. Sie möchte Schauspielerin werden.

Schreib-/Erzählstil:

V. C. Andrews wurde nach ihrem Tod als Marke weitergeführt. Der Ghostwriter hat sich mit ihrem unvergleichlichen Schreibstil weites gehend identifiziert und wagt auch neuere, modernere Themen in seinen Werken. Mir gefällt die Schreibweise
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Denise
When I was in college, lo, these many years, ago, nearly everyone carried a copy of Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. At the time, I was reading Dune, the Foundation and Empire books and occasionally cracking one of those expensive things known as textbooks, so I didn’t pay too much attention. But the other day in the used book store at the library, I saw this series and thought, Why not see what the fuss was about?

Seems there’s a couple of things I was unaware of. First, that Ms. Andrews’s
Lashae Rhodes
The author uses the craft of beginning and tension in the story. The beginning of the story, it starts off already placing the reader into a situation involving the mother losing control and it keeps you reading because you want to find out what is going with the mother. The tension of the story is between Cinnamon and her family, she has a conflicting of escaping her family problems and finally discovering an interest of her own that doesn’t involve her family.The author uses the crafts well in ...more
Delicious Strawberry
I was intrigued by this new series, and wondered what it might be like. Ultimately, I was disappointed in the series, because it doesn't have the whole multigenerational family secrets/drama theme that made a VCA book. When this first book came out, i still had faith in Neiderman and was still excited when a new series was penned. Now nearly ten years later, Neiderman has gotten even worse. Amazingly, this book is decent compared to his current novels (Heavenstone, Daughter of Darkness) but the ...more
Arthur
First book in the series. A fast story that basically tells us about Cinnamon, who as a teen girl lives with her burdens from a strict grandmother, who reaches for her mother when her mother becomes sick, who ends up trying to please her mother by becoming something her mother believes in.
Liz
I found that this book was okay, but it was just half-anused rehashing of Andrews' original ideas. Once again the name Ainsley was used for a character. I am noticing more and more of regurgitated names. Dell, Ainsley, TAYLOR has been in MANY. Just so many half-hearted characters. that barely have a personality.
I did enjoy the plot twists, however, it was enough to keep me reading. Though after attempting to read all of the books under Andrews' name, I will be soon sick of books discussing menta
Kimberly
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest.
With that being said - it might also explain why I find the ghostwriter's quality of work lacking and less memorable than Andrews true writing, especially with the newer, more modern series.

If your
Nico
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Marie
I enjoyed Cinnamon . Cinnamon is a book that is very modern unlike V.C.’s other works which seem to be timeless. You can put your finger on which decade this book takes place in. I think I enjoyed it too because Cinnamon is involved in the theater. I love theater and dream of performing. I could live vicariously through Cinnamon in this book. (much the same way I did with Lightening strikes) This book also brought back memories of my own turbulent teenage years. Though this book didn’t have near ...more
Massanutten Regional Library
Ashley, Shenandoah patron, June 2015, 4 stars:

It's a good book if you like mystery books and its a sad, caring, and lovely book.
Kay
A very quick read with an interesting story line. I enjoyed Cinnamon and her journey. V.C. Andrews has a way of bringing her characters to life.
Ty Barnett
I have always loved reading V.C. Andrews since I was 16. I enjoyed reading Cinnamon's book . I am looking forward to see how the rest of the series will come together.
Mckenzie
Andrews has a great voice that makes even simple ideas enjoyable.
Renee
Not sure even why i finished this book, I did not like it at all.
Marie Pallan
it was good can't wait to read the rest and see how they intertwine
Gossamer
It's a nice read. I haven't read much V.C. Andrews. Currently at my Mom's and she's a big V.C. Andrews fan. So I thought I'd give it a try. It's a straightforward read about a girls life and how she lives in the world around her and deals with various life ordeals. I'd have to say if she were a real girl she'd probably be better adjusted than some and in other ways a bit off but that's what helps her deal. And if it works and it's not broken....

Only took me about 2.5 hours to read the whole book
Elizabeth
Cinnamon was an interesting story about a young girl dealing with her own issues along with her parent's issues. Her life finally comes together when she takes her love of make believe and fantasy she shared with her mother and channels it into acting. I really like these series by V.C. Andrews where the characters are introduced in their own stories and then have a full length novel together. I cannot wait to see what the future holds.
Patience B
I've read alot of V.C. Andrews books, this is the first one that I have read that was geared more towards young adults. I have to say that it was pretty good, Andrews style has always had a layer of darkness. alot of the twists and turns weren't there, but the insanity that Andrews adds to all of her characters was in eveidence. It wasn't a bad book, I would read it again, but it was by no means a favorite.
Nicole Mathias
Jessica Banker
The shooting stars series is a wonderful drama series by vc andrews. she knows how to twist a tail of deception lies lust love drama sadness fear and many other emotions. you will know the main character as if she was you... quite enjoyable!
Ashley
This was the first V.C Andrews book that i have ever read. I rather enjoyed the book, it had twists in it that i did not expect to happen at all. Grandma Beverly had to be my least favorite character because of how everything had to be here way.
Sally
Cinnamon, Ice, and Honey. Seriously, those names! At least the fourth one here was just plain Rose, but even V.C. Andrews (or her ghost-writer) has a way of making Rose sound like an obnoxiously fake name.
Butterfly2507
Naja so dick war es nun ja auch wieder nicht. Es hatte einige gute Stellen, aber das wars dann auch. Ich hätte mir ehrlich gesagt ein bisschen mehr gewünscht :(
Tara Calaby
This was awful, but quick and easy to read, so I finished it anyway. Its main redeeming factor was one of the most hilariously bad sex scenes of all time :D
Dawn
May 06, 2011 Dawn added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of V. C. Andrews
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of V. C. Andrews books.
The first book in the Shooting Stars series. An enjoyable read, but not anything as good as V. C. Andrews earlier books.
Stephanie
It was alright... you can definitely tell Neiderman wrote this one though. However it was good for a short read.
Miranda
Awful. I read the majority of this book while stuck in a waiting room with nothing else to read.
Lilly Fae
Extremely easy read but worth reading. Classic V.C. Andrews.
  • Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic: Volume 1
  • Blood Roots
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • The Time Travelers: Volume Two
  • Drummer Girl (Girl Talk, #12)
  • Prom Dress
  • She's with the Band
  • De ontsnapping
  • Journey to a Woman
  • The Last Scream (Fear Park, #3)
  • A Lesson in Sacrifice
  • The Ghosts of Now
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • Snatched (Bloodwater Mysteries, #1)
  • Entries from a Hot Pink Notebook
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

Shooting Stars (5 books)
  • Ice (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • Rose (Shooting Stars, #3)
  • Honey (Shooting Stars, #4)
  • Falling Stars (Shooting Stars, #5)
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)

“Stature comes from your demeanor, your self confidence.” 1 likes
“Fantasies die slow, quiet deaths. They're like cherry blossoms breaking away and sailing down slowly, still holding onto their color and their softness and beauty, but ending up on the ground to be blown out by cold winds.” 1 likes