Start by marking “Werewolves: The Occult Truth” as Want to Read:
Werewolves: The Occult Truth

Werewolves: The Occult Truth

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews

How does one become—or kill—a werewolf? Where do our modern shapeshifting stories come from? Are werewolves real? The truth is much stranger than fiction.

Werewolves investigates the centuries-old myths and compelling evidencesurrounding these enigmatic beasts of literary fame. Explore four types of werewolves—involuntary, voluntary, other-dimensional beings, and astral—pl

Published September 8th 2010 by Llewellyn Publications (first published January 1st 2010)

Donna
Apr 03, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, horror
I reviewed another of Konstaninos's books, VAMPIRES: THE OCCULT TRUTH, a couple years ago and I just re-read it to see what I felt of that title against what I feel about WEREWOLVES.

The tone is the same, which I really liked. Konstantinos approaches the subject as a skeptic and isn't ashamed about it. He brushes aside the more frivolous, Hollywood aspects of werewolf lore and delves pretty deeply the hardcore legends from a bunch of different cultures, including European, Native American and som
Steve Cran
It's a full moon and the night is crystal clear. You are alone out in the woods and your getting that funny feeling as though you are being watched. Suddenly a loud howl reverberates through the cloudless night. You see a huge lupine shape darting here and there. You think to yourself is this a real lfe werewolf? Time to get out the silver bullets oops but you do not even have a gun. You are convinced you are about to enter the realm of the dead. Of course if you survive this encounter with only ...more
Christy Stewart
Unlike a lot of people, I enjoyed the book on vampires that Konstantinos did. At the time, there was so little in mainstream literature that even touched on what the modern vampire community is. It was a bullet point-esque, layman's introduction to the sub-culture, sure, but it wasn't a misleading one. It was a book that could really open people's eyes to concepts they hadn't considered before. For those reasons I was highly anticipating this, the werewolf book.

This book is NOTHING like the vamp
Stephanie
Oct 19, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I found this book in the paranormal section of the giant book sale near my home. It was a somewhat unusual read for me. I liked best the historic and modern legends of werewolves. The last section about astral animal transformations was also interesting. The author explained well some concepts that were unfamiliar to me. I enjoyed his sense of humor.
Mohamed Mohamed
fucking sucks
Amber Hinkle
Aug 21, 2012 Amber Hinkle rated it really liked it
For a serious look at the possibility that werewolves exist, I liked this one. The author throws in his own personaility into it, as well as some bits of sarcasm and humor. Lets face it, nonfiction books are not something alot of people can get into. This one made it kinda fun.
Good job!
Alicia Watson
Feb 18, 2015 Alicia Watson rated it really liked it
Very informative. Lots of facts and easy to understand. I will be reading the rest of his books.
Joy
Jan 25, 2011 Joy rated it did not like it
Rambling, incoherent, inaccurate*, self-aggrandizing ("As in my other books...") and chatty like a bad blog. [*with regard to shamanic belief and practice in particular]
Cindy
Apr 13, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I LOVE BOOKS ON WEREWOLVES.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Medusa
Medusa marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Lori Stevenson
Lori Stevenson marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Lauren Fryman
Lauren Fryman marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
chris coulson
chris coulson rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Kayla Salmon
Kayla Salmon marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Gracie
Gracie is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Willow Kasper Lore
Willow Kasper Lore marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Madeleine
Madeleine rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2016
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Härshvardhan Köndhare
Härshvardhan Köndhare marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Hector Baptista
Hector Baptista marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Dylan
Dylan marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Giorgio
Giorgio marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Fernando Pinheiro
Fernando Pinheiro marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Kimberly Ross
Kimberly Ross marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
J.L. Flores
J.L. Flores marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
  • The Mammoth Book of Wolf Men
  • Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: Ghostly Locales from Around the World
  • Travels Through Middle Earth: The Path of a Saxon Pagan
  • The Real Witches' Kitchen
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves and Ghosts: 25 Classic Stories of the Supernatural
  • Lammas: Celebrating Fruits of the First Harvest
  • Horns of Power: Manifestations of the Horned God
  • Celtic Lore & Spellcraft of the Dark Goddess: Invoking the Morrigan
  • The Witch Book: The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft, Wicca, and Neo-paganism
  • The Encyclopedia of Useless Information
  • Overwinter (Cheyenne Clark, #2)
  • The Beast of Bray Road: Tailing Wisconsin's Werewolf
  • The Heart of Wicca: Wise Words from a Crone on the Path
Konstantinos Rowley, born in 1972, has been a paranormal researcher for over fifteen years, is the author of six books published by Llewellyn and has a bachelors degree in English and technical writing. A recognized expert, he has consulted for and been a guest on various shows and documentaries on MTV, the SciFi Channel, NBC, History, Discovery Channel, and other networks. A former Physics major, ...more
More about Konstantinos...