Deathstalker Legacy (Deathstalker, #6)

Deathstalker Legacy (Deathstalker #6)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,115 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A century has passed since Owen Deathstalker sacrificed himself for humanity, and a Golden Age of peace began between the many species of the galaxy.
But Owen's descendant, Lewis Deathstalker, has his work cut out for him as the king's new Champion and protector-for the Golden Age of peace is about to be brought into ruin...
Published December 2nd 2003 by Roc (first published December 15th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Deathstalker Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathstalker Legacy

Kathryn
Deathstalker Legacy, by Simon R. Green, is part of a series of books. This particular one, though written fairly recently, obviously owes a lot to classic 1950s space opera, as the setting is a galactic empire (*cough*) in which a reluctant emperor takes over from his father, names his equally reluctant champion (the eponymous Lewis Deathstalker), and prepares to face a massive evil threatening the entire universe.

The book actually ends at a most exciting point, as the evil has just been reveale...more
Becca
This book is the first book of the Deathstalker Saga that changes in the time period in which it is set. Deathstalker Legacy is set 150 years or so after Owen Deathstalker's time, and let me make it clear at the starting point - the setting, not the writing, is the main fault of the book which brought me to give it a four star rating rather than my usual five for the books in the Deathstalker Saga.

The book starts of well enough - the Empire has entered a Golden Age, one not without it's proble...more
Heidi
"So far, this is one of my favorites in the Deathstalker series. 200 years of a Golden Age have gone by, bought by what Owen and the other Maze heroes did. The true story of the rebellion was erased by the first new King and Queen, who chose to build their Golden Age on legends, rather than people. Douglas Campbell reluctantly becomes the most recent king and triggers the end of that age by choosing Lewis Deathstalker to be his Champion. A jealous paragon immediately begins to plot to bring the...more
[ A ]
Jan 09, 2010 [ A ] rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to [ A ] by: Aurelius
Another entertaining read by Mr. Green. Action, intrigue, aliens, though not much space travel this time around. Looks like this book was the build up to a "quest"-type story line, in order to save humanity from The Terror. Another group of people thrown together by circumstance in order to follow through with "destiny". Enjoyable story so far, and I'm looking forward to the next two of this Legacy trilogy.
I'd give this book a 3 and a 1/2 if I could; I feel like Green is trying to create the same characters in a new era. It falls a bit flat for me.

However, I still like reading what's going to happen. Admittedly, I could not put the book down.
Anderson County Library
Once again the Empire faces a threat from outside. The new King and The new Champion face traitors from within as well! Can the Deathstalker survive the betrayal from a old friend? One who feels he should have been named Empire Champion!
Kathy
I loved it, I was so happy to have more of the story.
Kelso
Kelso marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Alysha DeShaé
Alysha DeShaé marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Tom
Tom is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2014
Lisa Heads
Lisa Heads marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Zan
Zan marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
  • Orion and the Conqueror (Orion, # 4)
  • Conqueror (Raj Whitehall, #3-5)
  • Flinx's Folly (Pip & Flinx #9)
  • Kingdom's Swords (Starfist, #7)
  • Gods of the Well of Souls (Watchers at the Well, #3)
  • Intrepid (Kris Longknife, #6)
  • Carnifex
  • The Ecologic Envoy (Ecolitan Matter, #3)
  • Skyfall (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #9)
  • We Few (Empire of Man, #4)
  • The Green Hills of Earth / The Menace from Earth
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action / Sweet Myth-tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #9-10)
  • The Cobra Trilogy
41942
Simon Richard Green is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.

His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.

Excerpted...more
More about Simon R. Green...
Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1) Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, #2) Nightingale's Lament (Nightside, #3) Hex and the City (Nightside, #4) Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth (Nightside, #6)