Start by marking “Tempted” as Want to Read:
Tempted

Tempted

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Alexander Drumming, the Marquis of Warrick, is no saint. Descended from a long line of rakes, he has vowed to stop dallying with the fairer sex. But now he needs a woman-an extraordinary woman to tame his wildcat of a daughter. Intelligent, spirited Mary Callaghan is the perfect nursemaid for the child, but one look at her bedroom eyes and luscious lips and Alexander is te ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted

Maria Ines Alvarez
if is historical romance i do not like it to read phrases that we use nowadays.. it just shatters the illusion for me.
adoree
J'ai tout simplement adoré les personnages. L'entrée en matière était particulièrement savoureuse. Ce livre est rempli d'humour et quelques situations cocasses me font toujours rire aux éclats.
L'histoire est bien construite. Le tout est mené avec brio.
Christy
Great book! It's funny and the characters leap off the page. I really liked that the heroine was not a gently-bred noblewoman, and in fact had had a fairly rough life. Thankfully the author didn't bog the reader down with too much depressing back story. I wanted to know more, but I know it would have made the lighter, funnier parts less so. I will definitely be reading more by this author, particularly if it involves the cousin, Rein.

*possible spoilers*
I only wish that the relationship between
Caroline
An enjoyable read, but one that will probably not linger in the memory.

A famous bareback circus rider is persuaded by her father to apply for the post of governess to the revoltingly ill-mannered daughter of the customs official who is coming close to shutting down the father's smuggling operations.

Mary, the smuggler's daughter, reluctantly accepts the position and so begins her life with Alex, the customs official. A romance develops between the stiff, upright Alex and the foul-mouthed, world-s
LJ
Alexander Drummond, the eighth heir to the Wainridge dukedom, is the first in his lineage to prefer chasing miscreants to maids. An upright Customs Board official, Alex has a knack for outfoxing smugglers, but he doesn't suspect that the newest addition to his household, the spirited, straight-speaking alleged young widow Mary Callahan, is both the daughter of a vengeance-minded smuggler and the Royal Circus's famed female stunt rider Artemis.

The mayhem that ensues after the uncommon commoner i
Gina
Very humorous however also very fictional. Probably would not read again, but did enjoy this one round.
Kristi
I really enjoyed this book. I got a kick out of Mary giving Alex a hard time and shocking him from time to time. I wasn't sure I was going to like the ending but it came out okay. I wish it had been a little more detailed (the ending, I mean) but it was okay.
Victoria Blacke
A very cheeky heroine with a stuffy but warm-hearted hero. Some unexpected twists and turns...and unexpected characters like a pet monkey...keep this novel engaging with some fun banter. Not a steamy read but an enjoyable one.
Mariah
This book was filled with humor and lots of swearing but it was so very much enjoyable. The main characters were fun and interesting to follow about, and the daughter certainly had personality.
Katie
The main female protagonist, Mary, is a bit of an inconsistant & unlikeable character (foul mouthed virgin). That said I enjoyed the book; something a bit different.
Virginia
I enjoyed the heroine and the mild intrigue. But mostly, I liked the clashing of classes. The social commentary was well done.
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Marko Mehner
Marko Mehner marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Arinara
Arinara marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Wendy Ward-hojnacki
Wendy Ward-hojnacki marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Ademayowa
Ademayowa marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
  • Undone
  • Back Roads (Glens Crossing, #1)
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Desire (Notorious, #3)
  • First Comes Love
  • The Seduction of an English Lady
  • Firebird
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • To Kiss a Spy (Kiss, #2)
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5)
  • Under Cover
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • In For a Penny
  • The English Heiress (Royal Dynasty, #1)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi
More about Pamela Britton...
In The Groove (NASCAR, #2) Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1) Total Control (NASCAR, #5) To The Limit (NASCAR, #4) On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)